• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Smaller Taco Ring Sizes: A Creative Twist on a Classic Recipe

T
tashayoung
making the taco ring in smaller sizes? For instance, instead of making the ring, put the filling in each cresent roll and rolling them up. Does that make sense? It would be similar to wrapping the cresent roll around a hotdog, but instead wrapping it around the taco filling.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds good! Never tried it, but good idea. I wonder if you'd use the small scoop to fill it?

My host is having her party as a "get to know each other" event for the parents and teachers of the school. The parents are also going to be asked to help out with meal preparation during the school year. It's a small Christian school...only 20 students. Anyway, she wants me to demo quick easy foods that the parents can make and bring to school. I thought I'd try the Tuxedo Brownie Cups for dessert and thought the individual taco rings would be great. Maybe I could use 2 cresent rolls with either the small or medium scoop of filling and still be able to wrap them up over the ring. I wonder...guess I'll have to experiment tonight.

I have a recipe that we call "chicken squares" and it's chicken, cream cheese and chives for the filling. You take the crescents apart but leave 2 triangles attached to make a square-one can makes 4 squares...then you pinch the seams together, put the filling in it, and bring the corners up to match. It doesn't leave any filling exposed to make it look pretty, but it's the same idea...good luck and enjoy!

Individual taco rings
tashayoung said:
making the taco ring in smaller sizes? For instance, instead of making the ring, put the filling in each cresent roll and rolling them up. Does that make sense? It would be similar to wrapping the cresent roll around a hotdog, but instead wrapping it around the taco filling.

I did make these individually in the crescent rolls last summer for dinner. I made them this way to fit in the toaster oven instead of turning on my stove. They were easier to eat. My children don't use lettuce, tomato, or sour cream, they just eat them plain. If you did want to add these things, just throw the crescent roll on the plate and add them on top. That is what my husband did.
They were great for 'on the go' food. Some of them did leak out of the crescent roll, but it wasn't messy, and I think I added too much meat. They are a great way to already have them into individual servings. Worked out great for me at home.

Tina

I make a smaller taco ring all the time. I use the small round stone, and I use one pkg of crescents...assemble them just like the big one, then just use about half the filling required for a big one & roll the triangles over the filling. It's just the right amount for 2-4 people!

I think that would make a great appetizer for somewhat of a Mexican theme...great idea!!

I make "taco pockets" with Grands Biscuits. Roll out each biscuit to about 6" diameter circle. Put a scoop of taco filling on one side, fold the other side over and press with fork to seal. They are great and my family loves them just as much as the taco ring. It's amazing what we can do with crescents and grands, isn't it?! :p
Jen

chefjenibel said:
I make "taco pockets" with Grands Biscuits. Roll out each biscuit to about 6" diameter circle. Put a scoop of taco filling on one side, fold the other side over and press with fork to seal. They are great and my family loves them just as much as the taco ring. It's amazing what we can do with crescents and grands, isn't it?! :p
Jen
or use the cut 'n seal to seal the taco pockets. ;)

ooohhh...good idea

Don't forget that the muffin stone is an expensive product- one worth talking about at shows. Try the grands idea in the muffin stone. It's awesome!
You can also fill the grands biscuit with other leftovers, sphagetti meat sauce, eggs and sausage, anything to make a "pocket" meal.

1. What inspired you to try making smaller taco ring sizes?

The inspiration for trying smaller taco ring sizes came from wanting to put a creative twist on a classic recipe. By making smaller sizes, it allows for more versatility and potentially easier portion control.

2. How do you make the smaller taco rings?

To make the smaller taco rings, you will need to use crescent rolls instead of one large roll. Take the taco filling and spoon it onto each crescent roll, then roll them up and place them on a baking sheet. Bake according to the crescent roll instructions.

3. Can you use different types of taco fillings for the smaller rings?

Absolutely! The smaller taco rings can be filled with any type of taco filling you desire. This allows for more variety and experimentation in flavors.

4. Will the smaller taco rings still have the same taste as a traditional taco ring?

Yes, the smaller taco rings will still have the same taste as a traditional taco ring. The only difference may be the texture, as the crescent rolls will be thinner and crispier compared to a larger ring.

5. Can I make the smaller taco rings ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make the smaller taco rings ahead of time and reheat them. However, it is recommended to reheat them in the oven for a few minutes to maintain the crispiness of the crescent rolls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
scrappergirl7