• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Stoneware Cracks: Tips for Happy Guests and Future Hosts!

In summary, to prevent your stoneware from cracking, it is important to properly season it before use and avoid drastic temperature changes. If your stoneware does crack, stop using it and contact customer service for a replacement. You can still use the cracked stoneware for dry cooking. You can check for cracks by tapping on the surface and should regularly inspect your stoneware. Stoneware should not be used in the microwave and while it is dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash it to prevent damage.
sarahlegare
One of my guests (and future hosts!:D ) at my show last night said her bar pan has a crack in it. It's less than 3 years old, but she doesn't have her receipt. What should I do?:confused: Of course I want her happy!

She should call the solution center directly and they will walk her through the process of returning it for a new one. Just give her the 888-OUR-CHEF number and she's good to go!

Thanks!! I wasn't sure how involved I should be, I'd much rather she deal with the home office on her own!! What do you think they'll do??

Lately, I've had the same problem on like 3 different stones with customers who bought them 1 year or less! Don't know what's up with that!

What I would do is when she has her show give her a new stone.;)

sarahlegare said:
Thanks!! I wasn't sure how involved I should be, I'd much rather she deal with the home office on her own!! What do you think they'll do??

They will most likely have her send it back and then send her a new one. If she were going to do that I would suggest she break it all the way and they will just have her send a piece. Much easier on the shipping!:D

I have had at least 5 stones crack in the past 6 months....I HATE doing returns as well...grrrrrrrr

I understand not liking to do returns....I have had at least 5 in the 6-9 months. And it has been a variety of pieces, not just the same piece. I don't know if something is going on, but I hope they fixed it.

Related to Troubleshooting Stoneware Cracks: Tips for Happy Guests and Future Hosts!

1. How do I prevent my stoneware from cracking?

To prevent your stoneware from cracking, it is important to properly season it before use. This involves rubbing a small amount of vegetable oil or shortening onto the surface of the stoneware and baking it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour. Additionally, avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware directly into cold water or vice versa.

2. What should I do if my stoneware cracks?

If your stoneware has already cracked, it is important to stop using it immediately. Contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance with a replacement. In the meantime, you can still use the cracked stoneware for dry cooking, such as baking cookies or roasting vegetables.

3. How can I tell if my stoneware is cracked?

You can check for cracks in your stoneware by lightly tapping on the surface. If you hear a dull sound or notice a visible crack, it is likely that your stoneware has cracked. It is important to inspect your stoneware regularly, as cracks can be difficult to see and can worsen over time.

4. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware should not be used in the microwave. It is designed for use in the oven and can withstand high temperatures, but it is not safe for use in the microwave. Using stoneware in the microwave can cause cracks and damage to the stoneware.

5. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

While stoneware is dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash it to prevent any potential damage. The harsh detergents and high heat in the dishwasher can cause the stoneware to crack or become discolored over time. It is best to hand wash your stoneware with warm water and a mild dish soap.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MicheleC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Intrepid_Chef