• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Sticking Issues with Exec Saute Pan - Tips and Tricks

In summary, Pam like products can cause build-up on virtually anything they are used on and the Exec cookware is not dishwasher safe. I told my friend to try the baking soda and to avoid putting it in the dishwasher.
Chef_2_Four
I have a friend that has the exec saute pan. She has put it in the dishwasher now in a couple of spots it is sticking. She said that she has scrubbed it several times and thinks she got it until she goes to dry it and then it is sticking again. I didn't know what to tell her and told her I would check on here.

Ask if she is spraying it with Pam before cooking. Pam spray will leave a residue and is very hard to get off. I had a customer who blasted our cookware skillet because everything stuck to it. I asked if she used Pam and she said yes. I told her to scrub it off with baking soda and to not use it again. That the Pam was leaving a thin film over the nonstick and her food was sitting on it therefore sticking.
After she cleaned it really good with the soda she has not had a problem since. This has been over 5 years ago.
I have not used Pam in over 10 years and just use my wesson oil to spritz.
Hope this helps.

The Exec cookware is not dishwasher safe.....and by putting it in the dw she probably voided her warranty.

I told her I didn't think it was DW safe. I will call her back and let her know.

Thanks!

Is it "missing" any non stick product that is visible to the eye in the areas that it is sticking? If not I would have her try the baking soda. And make sure to stress to her not to put it in the dw. I have had some people complain about this, but honestly it is so easy to clean with it being non-stick. It's not like my ss that can be a pain and have to soak for a bit.

I did tell her to keep it out of the DW!! She said you can't see the sticky spot just feel it. Hopefully the baking soda will work!

Now that I think of it I have a small "sticky" spot on my grill pan and it has never been in the dishwasher. When I can finally tear myself away from my laptop I will have to try the baking soda.

Thank you for the tip Crissy...I will let you know how it goes.

Pam like products cause build-up on virtually anything they are used on. When I say "don't use Pam or Pam like products at shows" people always sort of freak out. I make sure I say that this would be my advise now for ANYTHING in my kitchen, not just PC stuff. I try to paint the visual picture of the cookie sheets that are blackened and sticky and never come clean. THAT is classic Pam build up.

I then say they can your our spritzer, or pure oil, etc., but to always avoid PAM especially on their higher quality stuff.

Most folks seem genuinely surprised about what Pam can do over time and I view providing them this info as both a tip and good customer service.

To avoid looking like I'm trying to just sell our spritzer, I make it clear that "whatever you choose to use, just make sure it is 100% oil"....

pamperedlinda said:
The Exec cookware is not dishwasher safe.....and by putting it in the dw she probably voided her warranty.

I was *just* gonna say that!

bethsbiz said:
Pam like products cause build-up on virtually anything they are used on. When I say "don't use Pam or Pam like products at shows" people always sort of freak out. I make sure I say that this would be my advise now for ANYTHING in my kitchen, not just PC stuff. I try to paint the visual picture of the cookie sheets that are blackened and sticky and never come clean. THAT is classic Pam build up.

I then say they can your our spritzer, or pure oil, etc., but to always avoid PAM especially on their higher quality stuff.

Most folks seem genuinely surprised about what Pam can do over time and I view providing them this info as both a tip and good customer service.

To avoid looking like I'm trying to just sell our spritzer, I make it clear that "whatever you choose to use, just make sure it is 100% oil"....

This is GREAT! I have lots of things with that buildup and no matter how hard I scrub or what I use, it won't come off. I didn't realize that is what it was from though. I am going to start using plain oil, however, I HATE the spritzers. I will just use the silicone baster.

What is the best way to prevent my Exec Saute Pan from sticking?

The best way to prevent sticking is to make sure the pan is properly seasoned before use. You can also use cooking oils or sprays to create a non-stick surface.

Why does my Exec Saute Pan stick even when I use oil?

It is important to use the right type of oil when cooking with your Exec Saute Pan. Oils with high smoke points, such as canola or vegetable oil, are best for preventing sticking.

How do I clean my Exec Saute Pan without ruining the non-stick surface?

To clean your pan, use a gentle sponge or cloth with warm water and mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

Can I use my Exec Saute Pan on an induction cooktop?

Yes, our Exec Saute Pan is compatible with all types of cooktops, including induction. Just make sure to use the proper heat setting and follow the instructions for seasoning the pan.

What should I do if food does stick to my Exec Saute Pan?

If food does stick to the pan, let it cool and then soak it in warm, soapy water. You can also use a non-abrasive sponge or scrub brush to gently remove any stuck-on bits. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dhclemons
Replies
Views
cookingwithdawn
  • mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies