• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Split Payment Errors: An Experience with PPP

In summary, when someone pays with a check at a show, the totals entered into PPP may not match what was entered on the checks.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, at my first show, i had several people pay w/ 2 checks..one was b/c she and her husband have separate accounts and he paid for half of her purchases, etc..

But for some reason, when i get home and plug it all into PPP, the total comes out a little different than when i add together the 2 checks i got from her? Has this ever happenned to anyone?

I re-added..and I can't see that I made any error..but still, my totals of what I charged my guests..ended up coming out a few bucks ( $2) more than she should have paid?

smilesarepriceless said:
Ok, at my first show, i had several people pay w/ 2 checks..one was b/c she and her husband have separate accounts and he paid for half of her purchases, etc..

But for some reason, when i get home and plug it all into PPP, the total comes out a little different than when i add together the 2 checks i got from her? Has this ever happenned to anyone?

I re-added..and I can't see that I made any error..but still, my totals of what I charged my guests..ended up coming out a few bucks ( $2) more than she should have paid?

That happens to me sometimes w/ Outside Orders - usually it's because people have charged themselves tax on pantry items, and there is no tax on pantry items in MI........so I just round up that amount for the Round Up Campaign....

This is why I use my laptop all the time at my shows - so I don't screw up the totals on the orders!! ;)

Did you by any chance charge tax on any pantry items that aren't taxable in your state? That's all I can think of. If that's not it, itemize it and we'll try to figure it out for you! :)

Does TN have local taxes? That always throws me off when I do a long-distance catalog show. If you computed manually using your usual tax rate, and the rate for the host's address is less, that would explain the discrepancy.

I talked to Tech Services about this issue. They told me to make sure that the Shipping and Handling tax in PP was the same as my sales tax. Until I did that, I was almost perpetually off .33.

Trish in Texas

Shipping here is NOT taxable, but because it is listed first on the order form, guests who calculate their own order then write the check often pay me tax on that $4 ...

$2 could easily have been an addition error on her part, too.

well i think that since when doing it separate they pay tax, based on the shipping, that the tax amt will vary b/c the shipping will be decreased..

so, 20.00 on one part of the order..PLUS shipping 2.00 x 9.5 TN TAX
and another part of the order, let's say $10 + 2 x 9.5 TN TAX..

I'm thinking that is the reason but i'm not sure how to avoid that problem.

Related to Troubleshooting Split Payment Errors: An Experience with PPP

1. What is a split payment error?

A split payment error occurs when a payment is attempted to be split between two different methods (such as credit card and PayPal) but is not successful. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including insufficient funds, incorrect payment information, or technical issues.

2. How can I fix a split payment error?

If you encounter a split payment error, the first step is to check your payment information and make sure it is correct and up-to-date. If everything looks correct, try refreshing the page or restarting your device. If the error persists, you may need to contact customer service for further assistance.

3. Can I split a payment between more than two methods?

Currently, our system only allows for payment to be split between two methods. If you need to use more than two methods, you may need to make separate transactions or contact customer service for assistance.

4. Will my order still be processed if I encounter a split payment error?

In most cases, if a split payment error occurs, the order will not be processed. However, it is always best to check your order history or contact customer service to confirm if the payment went through.

5. How can I avoid split payment errors in the future?

To avoid split payment errors, make sure to double-check your payment information before placing an order. It is also helpful to have a backup payment method saved in case one method is not successful. If you continue to encounter split payment errors, contact customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCNewbie07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • byrd1956