• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Problem with Latch on HO Handle

In summary,Some people have problems with the handle staying latched in place. It pops up with the least bit of movement. Just thought I would check here before contacting HO.it. It seems to latch, but push it a little more and it will click and truly latch.Mine pops out all the time, even when latched. Annoying.Others have no problems with the handle staying latched in place. My replacement came in a couple of days and the label a few days later. I used the box they shipped the replacement in to send back the original one. All is cost me was some tape!
cochef
Gold Member
Is anyone having a problem with the handle staying latched in place. Mine pops up with the least bit of movement. Just thought I would check here before contacting HO.

it "seems" to latch, but push it a little more, It wil click and truly latch

Excuse the previous post - I think I got it to work. Is it supposed to "snap" hard into place? I just couldn't get my finger/thumb down in far enough to really push on it :(

Mine pops out all the time, even when latched. Annoying.

lt1jane said:
it "seems" to latch, but push it a little more, It wil click and truly latch

Yep - you have to really push on it until it makes a real hard snap sound. If you just push it slightly, it looks like it is latched, but it's not. Try really pushing hard on it. That should do it :)

I have to use a knife to get enough pressure to snap it into place.
My thumb is not strong enough to lock and unlock it.

Yes there are sort of two positions. One is barely on and the second is all the way and will hold the lock in place.

Mine pops up too. Even when it is latched all the way, it seem to slide out of place over time. Not good!

mine too & my blades rusted....

I don't have trouble with the handle, but my lid fits REALLY tightly to the bowl, and I have trouble prying it open sometimes.

NooraK said:
I don't have trouble with the handle, but my lid fits REALLY tightly to the bowl, and I have trouble prying it open sometimes.

You might want to call CS. Mine did the same thing and after talking to the Test Kitchen, I got a replacement. So far the new one works great & the lid comes off without any excess effort.

My lid seems to have the opposite problem, it falls off way too easily IMO. Other than that I love this!!!

CathyP said:
You might want to call CS. Mine did the same thing and after talking to the Test Kitchen, I got a replacement. So far the new one works great & the lid comes off without any excess effort.

I've been thinking about doing that. I'm just concerned that I'll now have to pay to send it back...

I'm sending mine back. They were going to send me a new one when they received the one I sent back. When I explained to them that I really needed it for my shows, they said no problem, they're sending me the new one and THEN I'll return the one I have.....

NooraK said:
I've been thinking about doing that. I'm just concerned that I'll now have to pay to send it back...

They sent me a shipping label so I did not have to pay to send it back. My replacement came in a couple of days and the label a few days later. I used the box they shipped the replacement in to send back the original one. All is cost me was some tape! :thumbup:

The lid on the one I got with my Spring Samples was tight too. But the one I just got for hosting my own show works perfectly. Good thing because I have a show tomorrow and am making the Fresh Tomato Salsa. I would have hated to be fighting the lid when I'm trying to sell the product! ;-)

i called...they sent me a label to send mine back..the lid was hard to get off the mfp...i got a new one and it works like a charm!

What should I do if the latch on my HO handle isn't working properly?

If the latch on your HO handle isn't functioning correctly, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

Why is the latch on my HO handle not staying closed?

If the latch on your HO handle won't stay closed, it's likely due to a buildup of food particles or debris. Try cleaning the latch and handle with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth.

How do I fix a loose latch on my HO handle?

If the latch on your HO handle feels loose, try tightening the screw that holds it in place. If the screw is already tight, it's possible that the latch itself is damaged and may need to be replaced.

What should I do if the latch on my HO handle is stuck?

If the latch on your HO handle is stuck, try gently tapping it with a rubber mallet or using a pair of pliers to loosen it. If this doesn't work, it's best to contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Can I replace the latch on my HO handle?

Yes, you can purchase a replacement latch for your HO handle from our website or through our customer service team. Follow the instructions included with the replacement latch to properly install it on your handle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dhclemons
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies