• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting: Playing PC Training DVD on Laptop | Tips for Beginners

In summary, if your laptop is not playing the PC training DVD, first check if your DVD drive is functioning properly and if the DVD is compatible with your laptop's operating system. Poor video quality can be improved by optimizing display settings, pausing to let the video buffer, or upgrading hardware. If the laptop is freezing or crashing, close other programs and lower video quality. To adjust audio settings, use the media player controls or access them within the DVD menu. For trouble navigating the DVD, use keyboard or touchpad controls and restart the laptop if necessary.
Denarella
Shouldn't I be able to play my PC Getting Started Training DVD on my laptop? It wont run when I go into the start menu and hit run and go to my "D" drive....Can someone help me with the obvious? :blushing:

tia, dena

You probably need to run an actual DVD program - the content on the DVD isn't a program, it's a movie (basically).

I tried that, the program registered, rebooted and presto....doesn't run....sigghhhh...thanks though Ann.....

Related to Troubleshooting: Playing PC Training DVD on Laptop | Tips for Beginners

What should I do if my laptop is not playing the PC training DVD?

If your laptop is not playing the PC training DVD, first make sure that your DVD drive is functioning properly. You can try playing a different DVD to see if it works. If the DVD drive is working, then check to see if the DVD is compatible with your laptop's operating system. You may need to update your laptop's drivers or software to properly play the DVD.

Why is the video quality poor when playing the PC training DVD on my laptop?

Poor video quality can be caused by a few different factors. First, check to make sure that your laptop's display settings are optimized for video playback. You may also need to adjust the resolution or aspect ratio to match the DVD. Additionally, poor internet connection or a slow DVD drive can affect the video quality. You can try pausing the video and letting it buffer before playing to improve the quality.

My laptop is freezing or crashing while playing the PC training DVD. What can I do?

If your laptop is freezing or crashing while playing the PC training DVD, it could be due to insufficient memory or processing power. Close any other programs or browser tabs that may be running in the background to free up resources. You can also try lowering the video quality or switching to a lower resolution to reduce the strain on your laptop. If the issue persists, it may be time to upgrade your laptop's hardware.

How can I adjust the audio settings when playing the PC training DVD on my laptop?

To adjust the audio settings, you can use the controls on your laptop's media player or within the DVD itself. Most media players have options to adjust the volume, balance, and equalizer settings. You can also access the audio settings within the DVD menu by selecting the "Audio" or "Sound" option. If you are still having trouble with the audio, check your laptop's sound settings to ensure they are properly configured.

I am having trouble navigating the PC training DVD on my laptop. What should I do?

If you are having trouble navigating the DVD, try using the arrow keys on your keyboard or the clicker on your laptop's touchpad to move between menu options. You can also use the "Enter" or "Select" button to choose an option. If the DVD is still not responding, try cleaning the DVD or restarting your laptop. If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the DVD itself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Shawnna
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Melissa78