• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transporting Strawberry Magarita Dessert

In summary, to transport the Strawberry Margarita Dessert without it melting or getting ruined, it is recommended to use a cooler or insulated bag with ice packs. The dessert can also be made ahead of time and transported later, and should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To package the dessert, use a sturdy, leak-proof container with a lid or wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. The dessert should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours during transportation, and it is not recommended to transport it in a hot car without proper insulation.
ChefSandyK
Need some help...I'm going to be doing the "Murder in Magaritaville" theme for a show on the 10th. Thought I'd do "Cheeseburger Ring in Paradise" at the show and have the Strawberry Margarita Dessert Bars ready to go...with only piping the whipped cream on left. Problem is, the dessert needs to set refrigerated for 3 hours...and the show is an hour away. Someone suggested setting the baker in a cooler of ice, but I'm afaid it will get the dessert wet. Any other suggestions? Maybe ice packs in the cooler?

Thanks,
Sandy

Here's just a suggestion--
Instead of making the Strawberry Margarita Squares, make the Strawberry Margarita Pie at your hosts house before the show. It's easier to make, and only needs to chill 30 minutes. I'm not sure how many guests are planning to attend, but a little slice goes a long way.

Pie?I don't have that recipe. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks,
Sandy

Here it is:
Margarita Pie

Crust:
1 ¼ c finely crushed pretzels
1/2 c butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c sugar

Filling:
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 t grated lime peel
1/4 c lime juice (approx 2 limes)
1/4 c orange juice
1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed

For crust combine all ingredients in medium bowl; press onto bottom and up side of Deep Dish Pie Plate.

For filling, combine milk, lime peel and juices in medium bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.

or you could slice it into squares and transport it in the Chillzanne Platter without the divider just on top of the chilled insert?

ThanksI will have to make both recipes and see which one I like better! :D

1. How do I transport the Strawberry Margarita Dessert without it melting or getting ruined?

To transport the Strawberry Margarita Dessert, we recommend placing it in a cooler or insulated bag with ice packs to keep it cool and prevent it from melting. Alternatively, you can also place the dessert in a shallow container and freeze it for a few hours before transporting it.

2. Can I make the Strawberry Margarita Dessert ahead of time and transport it later?

Yes, the Strawberry Margarita Dessert can be made ahead of time and transported later. We recommend storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to transport.

3. How should I package the Strawberry Margarita Dessert for transport?

The best way to package the Strawberry Margarita Dessert for transport is to use a sturdy, leak-proof container with a lid. You can also wrap the container in aluminum foil or plastic wrap for added protection.

4. How long can the Strawberry Margarita Dessert be left out at room temperature during transportation?

The Strawberry Margarita Dessert should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours during transportation. It is best to keep it chilled at all times to prevent it from spoiling.

5. Can I transport the Strawberry Margarita Dessert in a hot car?

We do not recommend transporting the Strawberry Margarita Dessert in a hot car, as it can cause the dessert to melt and spoil. If necessary, use a cooler or insulated bag with ice packs to keep the dessert cool during transportation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
natural
  • chefSherry