• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Tips for Your Favorite Product: Don't Miss Out!

In summary, this conversation provides tips for using the kitchen shears to cut a penny and for making deviled eggs using the cheese grater.
Amy In Ohio
For any one of the products (even if you think everyone knows it, we may not).

My favorite that I tell at every show is to make deviled eggs using the Cheese Grater. After you hard-boil the eggs, put the yolks in the grater and spin them into a bowl. This makes them very light and fluffy and is faster than using 2 forks to mash them up.

My fav's are with the batter bowl...

first, I love to bake a cake in it and then while the cake is still piping hot out of the oven, just use a spoon to scoop it out and into a bowl...plop some vanilla ice cream on top and drizzle hot fudge all over...yummy! Then you just put the lid on and in the fridge it goes for the next breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!

secondly, make the doll cake in the Batter Bowl and then make mini doll cakes in the Prep Bowls, at the party each little girl can decorate her own doll cake to take home.

Mine I learned here. Wish I could remember who said it. But anyway....I didn't particularly care for the delux cheese grater because I could never get the cheese to grate well and it cramped my hand. But someone here said, "the softer the cheese, the softer the squeeze." That did it. I love that darn thing now!
Oh, and if you just want to pamper yourself for the afternoon, lay back on the couch in your comfy jammies, turn on your favorite soap, get some chocolate and get your cheese grater. Simply grate the cheese right into your mouth and voila! You are queen for the day! :D

I like this thread.:)

On another group someone suggested filling the kitchen spritzer with water and using it to mist your face and neck when you are outside watching a ballgame, at the beach, or just lounging in your yard. I never thought about that before.

I liked to tell everyone right after Halloween and Easter (though it works all year round!) to put your leftover candy in the fridge and then chop it up in your food chopper and sprinkle it on ice cream or mix it in shakes...your own blizzard!

I use the deviled eggs in the cheese grater and the bacon in the bar pan quite a bit.

If you do a search there are huge threads on here about tips. I printed them out awhile back. Lots of helpful info in them!

I have been making deviled eggs for all my shows partly to get rid of eggs (we have 50 chickens and egg biz is slow), but also to promote the rec chilzane, the easy accent decor., dill seasoning, ss bowls, & pastry blender.

I use the pastry blender to chop up the egg yolks, I have found that they don't clog the EAD and it's smooth sailing when I am putting the yolk back on the eggs!:D

The kitchen shears can cut a penny!
Try it! I've seen it done but I haven't done it. The kitchen shears don't bend, it proves how sharp it is, and is very impressive. And explain they are self-sharpening, and dishwasher safe...

Definitely tell people that the chillz. rect. serv is great for cupcakes too, without the freezer insert
... and that it IS dishwasher safe --- NOT microwave safe...take the mini chillz. to work with left-overs for lunch, but make sure you have a paper plate too, since it's not micro safe, to heat it up!

ChefNic said:
The kitchen shears can cut a penny!
Try it! I've seen it done but I haven't done it. The kitchen shears don't bend, it proves how sharp it is, and is very impressive. And explain they are self-sharpening, and dishwasher safe...

Definitely tell people that the chillz. rect. serv is great for cupcakes too, without the freezer insert
... and that it IS dishwasher safe --- NOT microwave safe...take the mini chillz. to work with left-overs for lunch, but make sure you have a paper plate too, since it's not micro safe, to heat it up!

Those are great tips. I just tried the penny thing. I stuck the penny in and then had to let go so I could squeeze with both hands. Everytime I did the penny would slip to the side and fall out. It did "skin" a slice off the top of the penny. Did you actually see the penny cut in two? Just wondering what I am doing wrong.

My friend is a former PC consultant, we were at her house and her husband got the kit.shears out and cut the penny.
He put the penny in and held the kitchen shears in his hand and held it down to stable his hand on the counter. He didn't cut it in two separate pieces...he just cut it half way -from the edge of the penny in to the center, it just curled right up! I'll try it!... Ok tried it... and I'm not strong enough... but he did it right in front of us, a few times with the same penny... and his shears weren't bent!

ThanksThat is still a good thing to talk about and demo. I can show how I am only strong enought to skin the penny, but a man once cut it all the way without damaging the penny. I need some new stuff to talk about at my shows. That will be a great one!!

Oh he damaged the penny!!! Just not the shears...
that's probably what you meant...
I saw on here somewhere just a minute ago that someone cuts the lids of the cans at a demo if she's using a can... but talk about the penny too...just say you aren't strong enough, have your husband do it, so you can say you've seen him to it...

Yeah, I meant to say the shears.

Also, the warmer the soft cheese (ie. cheddar) the easier it is to grate in the Cheese Grater - of course, don't melt the cheese, just have it at room temp or nuke it for about 5 seconds.

I have cut pennies with the kitchen shears. I don't do it at shows anymore since I had some kids come up after one and ask me to cut hands full of coins. As everyone else has said it is really hard to do, so one is enough. I do cut the top of a can and talk about how stronge they are.

Related to Top Tips for Your Favorite Product: Don't Miss Out!

What Is Your Best Tip for Using a Chef's Knife?

My best tip for using a chef's knife is to make sure it is sharp before each use. This will not only make it easier to cut through food, but it will also prevent accidents from using a dull knife.

What Is Your Best Tip for Organizing Kitchen Tools?

My best tip for organizing kitchen tools is to use drawer dividers or utensil trays to keep everything in its place. This will not only make it easier to find what you need, but it will also save space in your drawers and keep your kitchen looking tidy.

What Is Your Best Tip for Baking Perfectly Even Cakes?

My best tip for baking perfectly even cakes is to use a cake strip or wet towel around the outside of the cake pan. This will prevent the edges of the cake from cooking faster than the center, resulting in a more evenly baked cake.

What Is Your Best Tip for Keeping Vegetables Fresh?

My best tip for keeping vegetables fresh is to store them in the refrigerator in airtight containers or bags. This will help to maintain their freshness and prevent them from spoiling too quickly.

What Is Your Best Tip for Cleaning Cast Iron Cookware?

My best tip for cleaning cast iron cookware is to avoid using soap or harsh chemicals. Instead, use a stiff brush and hot water to scrub away any food particles. Afterward, dry the cookware completely and rub a small amount of oil onto the surface to prevent rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gaddischef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NelsonInTheKitchen