• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried Something New: Delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Bites

In summary, to make Delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Bites, you will need sun-dried tomatoes, cream cheese, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and crescent roll dough. They should be baked for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and can be made ahead of time. The crescent roll dough can be substituted with puff pastry or phyllo dough if desired. This recipe makes about 24 bites, but can be adjusted to make more or less.
raebates
Staff member
Necessity being the mother of invention, I tried something new. I was going to make Hone-Apple Brie Bites for today's show, but I couldn't get out to the store to get the apples or the brie. So, I looked around for something else to make in the appetizer category. :chef: (For January shows I'm doing appetizers for my shows.)

I decided to try something new. The results were fantastic. Here's the recipe:

1 sheet puff pastry
1 1/2 T butter
Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Oil Dipping Seasoning

Thaw the puff pastry as directed. Preheat oven to 350F. Roll out puff pastry until about half again as big as it started. Melt butter. Brush butter over puff pastry covering to every edge. Generously sprinkle Seasoning over pastry covering to every edge.

Using a Pizza Cutter, cut pastry in half. Cut into 1/4" strips. Twist each strip a couple of times and place it on a flat stone, pressing ends lightly to anchor them. Bake for 15 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown on the edges.

Remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.

You could easily use Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning. You could also cut them a bit thicker and use any of the Sweet Sprinkles.

Rae, you Rock!! :D

Sounds yummy!! I'll bet they would be cute using the pastry cutter too.

Ohhhh, what a great idea! I have some puff pastry in the freezer...I might have to try these half savory, and half sweet!

They were a huge hit. I can't wait to try different versions.

Can't wait to try these. Sounds great!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Bites?

To make these delicious bites, you will need sun-dried tomatoes, cream cheese, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and crescent roll dough. You will also need a baking sheet and an oven for baking.

2. How long do I need to bake the Sun-Dried Tomato Bites?

The Sun-Dried Tomato Bites should be baked for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep an eye on them and take them out when they are golden brown and crispy.

3. Can I make these Sun-Dried Tomato Bites ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Sun-Dried Tomato Bites ahead of time. You can prepare the filling and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve, simply assemble and bake the bites as directed.

4. Can I substitute the crescent roll dough for something else?

Yes, if you prefer, you can use puff pastry or phyllo dough instead of crescent roll dough for the Sun-Dried Tomato Bites. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. How many Sun-Dried Tomato Bites does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 24 Sun-Dried Tomato Bites. However, you can easily adjust the recipe to make more or less, depending on your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • lockhartkitchen