• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tomato Basil Soup W/ Ricotta Dumplings

In summary, the tomato basil soup with ricotta dumplings requires olive oil, onion, garlic, canned crushed tomatoes, chicken or vegetable broth, basil leaves, salt, pepper, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, egg, and seasonings. Fresh tomatoes can also be used in place of canned. To make the dumplings, mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, beaten egg, salt, and pepper and roll into small balls. The soup can be made ahead of time and frozen, but it is recommended to add the dumplings when reheating.
Get_Pampered
Gold Member
I received a bunch of fresh basil from CSA this week and thought this soup sounded superb. I am stumped as to what to serve with it though...all I can think of is garlic bite bisquits and salad topped with ham. That doesn't flow so well. Has anyone made this soup? What did you serve with it?

Maybe a Caesar Salad and try making the Garlic Bites with the new Sun-Dried Tomato Herb seasoning? Not sure.... or just go with a grilled cheese, maybe fancy up the grilled cheese with some seasoning or fancy cheese...

Hi there! I haven't made this soup before, but it sounds delicious. Here are a few ideas for what you could serve with it:1. Crusty bread or breadsticks: The flavors in the soup would go well with a nice crusty bread or breadsticks for dipping.2. Grilled cheese sandwiches: A classic pairing with tomato soup, but you could mix it up by using a nice crusty bread and adding some fresh basil and tomato slices to the sandwich.3. Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers, would make a great side dish to balance out the soup.4. Bruschetta: This Italian appetizer of toasted bread topped with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil would make a great accompaniment to the soup.5. Italian salad: A simple salad with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and a balsamic vinaigrette would complement the flavors in the soup.Hope these ideas help! Let us know what you end up serving with the soup.

Related to Tomato Basil Soup W/ Ricotta Dumplings

1. What ingredients are needed for the tomato basil soup with ricotta dumplings?

The ingredients for the tomato basil soup with ricotta dumplings are:

• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 28 ounces of canned crushed tomatoes
  • 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1/4 cup of basil leaves, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup of ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup of flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper

2. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned for this soup?

Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes for this soup. Simply peel and chop 8-10 medium sized tomatoes and use them in place of the canned crushed tomatoes. You may need to adjust the amount of broth used depending on the consistency of the soup.

3. How do I make the ricotta dumplings for this soup?

To make the ricotta dumplings, mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, beaten egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and roll it into small balls. Drop the dumplings into the simmering soup and let them cook for about 5-7 minutes or until they are cooked through.

4. Can this soup be made ahead of time?

Yes, this soup can be made ahead of time. You can prepare the soup and refrigerate it for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, heat it up on the stove and add the ricotta dumplings.

5. Can I freeze this soup?

Yes, you can freeze this soup. However, it is recommended to freeze the soup without the dumplings. When ready to serve, thaw the soup in the fridge and add the dumplings while reheating on the stove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kristina16marie