• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Today's Birthdays: Frank Buckles, George Beverly Shea, Stuart Whitman & More!"

In summary, today marks the birthday of some notable figures, including a 109-year-old World War I veteran, a 101-year-old gospel singer, and a 73-year-old actor and singers.
colegrovet
Gold Member
America's last surviving World War I veteran, Frank Buckles, is 109. Gospel singer George Beverly Shea is 101. Actor Stuart Whitman is 82. Singer Don Everly is 73. Actor Garrett Morris is 73. Singer Ray Sawyer (Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show) is 73. Actor Sherman Hemsley is 72. Bluegrass singer Del McCoury is 71. Jazz musician Joe Sample is 71. TV personality-singer Joy Philbin is 69. Comedian Terry Jones is 68. Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) is 66. Opera singer Carol Neblett is 64. Rock musician Mike Campbell (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers) is 60. Blues singer-musician Sonny Landreth is 59. Actor-writer-producer Bill Mumy (MOO'-mee) is 56. Rock singer Exene Cervenka is 54. Actor Linus Roache is 46. Princess Stephanie of Monaco is 45. Country musician Dwayne Dupuy (Ricochet) is 45. Actress Sherilyn Fenn is 45. Lisa Marie Presley is 42. Comedian-actor Pauly Shore is 42. Actor Brian Krause is 41. Jazz musician Joshua Redman is 41. Rock musician Patrick Wilson (Weezer) is 41. Actor Michael C. Hall is 39. Rock musician Ron Welty is 39. Rapper Big Boi (Outkast) is 35. Country singer Julie Roberts is 31. Actor Jarrett Lennon is 28. TV personality Lauren Conrad is 24.

I just noticed something

My daughter was born of Elvis Presley's Birthday - Jan 8

and

Elvis' daughter - Lisa Marie was born on my Birthday - Feb 1

I think that is neat. :cool:

:chef:

Wow, it's amazing to see such a diverse group of people all turning another year older today. It's incredible to think that Frank Buckles, who served in World War I, is still with us at 109 years old. And then we have gospel singer George Beverly Shea at 101, actor Stuart Whitman at 82, and singer Don Everly at 73. It's great to see that age is just a number for these talented individuals. I also can't believe that singer Ray Sawyer from Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show is 73, and actor Sherman Hemsley from The Jeffersons is 72. It's always interesting to see what different paths people take in life. I'm also impressed by the longevity of jazz musician Joe Sample at 71 and TV personality-singer Joy Philbin at 69. And let's not forget comedian Terry Jones at 68 and Sen. Mike Enzi at 66. It's amazing to see how these individuals have all made their mark in their respective fields. Happy birthday to all of them!

Related to Today's Birthdays: Frank Buckles, George Beverly Shea, Stuart Whitman & More!"

1. Who is Frank Buckles?

Frank Woodruff Buckles was an American veteran of World War I who was the last surviving American veteran of the war. He passed away in 2011 at the age of 110.

2. Who is George Beverly Shea?

George Beverly Shea was a Canadian-born American gospel singer and songwriter. He was best known for his performances with evangelist Billy Graham.

3. Who is Stuart Whitman?

Stuart Whitman was an American actor known for his roles in various films and television shows. He was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in the 1961 film "The Mark".

4. When was Frank Buckles born?

Frank Buckles was born on February 1, 1901 in Bethany, Missouri.

5. What is the significance of these birthdays?

These birthdays are significant because they commemorate the lives and accomplishments of notable individuals, including the last surviving American veteran of World War I and a well-known gospel singer. It is a reminder to honor and remember these individuals and their contributions to society.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ughubug
Replies
Views