• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thought-We-Couldnt-Create-Our-Own-PC-Website

In summary, the conversation discusses how newbies are not allowed to make their own PC websites, and how the creator of the website is caught breaking the rules and has been warned by Home Office.
armywyf
Ok, so I am new and all but I thought we couldn't "make" our own PC website... It has to be thru CC and Pampered Chef...

http://www.wynetteskitchen.com/

i like the look of ours better! ha ha ha

Yeah me too, its not a very attractive website.

wow!! Can you tell when this was created? I wonder how long it has gone unnoticed!!

How long does it usually take for HO to act? I reported this same site 3 weeks ago.

I remember seeing this name on something before..."wynettes kitchen"...hmmm...she may have had another and gotten caught so she changed it???

Anyone submit the info and see what happens?

Tooooo crazy!

looks like she hasn't updated in a while .... theme show recipes are from 2 years ago!

It ends Sept 11 2008.... you can get some info if you right click while on the page.

It says "created 8/24/08" I think she has some nerve........................

Flamingo said:
It says "created 8/24/08" I think she has some nerve........................

No thats the date right now... it thinks you are going to modify it!

ok my bad........................

Flamingo said:
ok my bad........................

I thought the same thing but hubby laughed at me... he is a website designer.

I have found this website before but wasn't sure how to forward an attachment, so I hope you report it!!

I did and PamperedLady1979 said she did too so we'll see what happens

I remember seeing this one before---the name is one that is recognizable....she must get shut down and then recreate......you'd think she'd realize......but I know I've seen it before

Was her site one of the recipe sites for Pampered Chef?? Like the PP I also recognize this name from something besides this site.

I don't get it is she to cheap to get a website, or does she just get there contact info then send them to her site?

deleted deleted

I found it interesting that in the wording, she called herself the "area's preferred/choice" consultant....a bit arrogant I would say. I hope Home Office doesn't delay taking action on these sort of things.

Someone on here MUST know her upline - they should inform her if HO hasn't already - unless she is just a rule breaker continuely - then she should be booted off !!

Wonder if she is connected to the lady from eBay?

I did a search just to see....she has a PWS. It makes no sense to even have this one then.

paigev71 said:
I did a search just to see....she has a PWS. It makes no sense to even have this one then.

Makes sense from her point of view...this one can be googled, and it comes up. With just a PC website, that wouldn't happen.

However, if she has done it before and is caught doing it again, her contract with PC can be terminated.

I know when I was looking into joining PC...I searched on line and found this link back in March of this year. When I called HO to confirm that this wasn't allowed they said that the web page would be taken down ASAP! Well, I never went back to see if it was taken of ... just thought since HO said they would take care of it they would ......well I guess since it is still there maybe more of us need to call/email them. I hate it when there are folks out there that break the rules:mad:

Yeah....and then again she may have taken it down for a week or two and put it back up with changing a letter or two in the name of the website. I can't imagine this costs less than the $9 a month we pay for ours and it looks much more professional. This looks like a child did it IMHO!

All I can say is some nerve she has doing this. I hope HO does something about her soon. This is totally unfair for the rest of us.

jwpamp said:
I remember seeing this name on something before..."wynettes kitchen"...hmmm...she may have had another and gotten caught so she changed it???

Anyone submit the info and see what happens?

Tooooo crazy!

Yes Janice, I remember this one too!

It was created in fall 2006, updated in August 2007, and just updated recently...

The looks of this site is PRECISELY why we are NOT allowed to make our own! It looks trashy and cheap compared to our professional looking ones from HO. That is also why HO limits the use of HTML code on our sites...so they can't get too "busy" and silly looking!

LOL -- we've all got her phone number. How about we all call her... on a schedule... about 5 minutes apart. For like... 3 hours.

IAmChefJ said:
LOL -- we've all got her phone number. How about we all call her... on a schedule... about 5 minutes apart. For like... 3 hours.

How funny, I hadn't even thought of that:eek:

That might be fun...

PC Policies & Procedures excerpt:

Internet/Web: Use of Non Pampered Chef® Web Sites
Only Executives and above may purchase a separate domain name and develop a Web site outside of their Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site for any use related to their Pampered Chef® business. See Benefits and Privileges for Executives and Above, and the related policies below.

BUT ...
Let Wynette Shumate be Your Pampered Chef Independent Consultant.
... she's obviously not an Executive or above!

:angel:I think it would be fun to call her like that. Anyone want to set up a schedule?

If she keeps redoing the site, why doesn't PC just "fire" her as a consultant for breaking company rules to this extent??

IAmChefJ said:

LOL!! Let me know what time to call! ;)

Just report to HO and let them handle it.Calling may cause you issues!

And calling her that often could be construed as harassment, which could get those involved into a whole mess of legal troubles themselves.

:angel:Okay...I'll be good then!

chefann said:
And calling her that often could be construed as harassment, which could get those involved into a whole mess of legal troubles themselves.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but saying it nicely...Ann went straight to the point! :thumbup:

Ok, I've reproted this site twice in the last 6 months...when will HO do something? Does anyone know how long it usually takes?

ChefKrisB said:
Ok, I've reproted this site twice in the last 6 months...when will HO do something? Does anyone know how long it usually takes?

They might have done something and she waited and brought it back...

On a related note, listing your PWS address in the homepage field on your profile here creates a link to it. Which is against policy. Please remove your PWS info if you have it there. (User CP > Edit Your Details > Home Page URL)

I'm calling HO right now about this since it's been a few weeks since I reported it and her site is still up....

I just got off the phone with HO and they are "looking into it". I was told they will follow up with me once it has been investigated.

Funny though...I gave them her name and they couldn't find any consultants by that name but she still has her PWS?

KellyTheChef said:
The looks of this site is PRECISELY why we are NOT allowed to make our own! It looks trashy and cheap compared to our professional looking ones from HO. That is also why HO limits the use of HTML code on our sites...so they can't get too "busy" and silly looking!

I thought the same thing!! I have looked at it a few times and just this last time I realized there was more info if I scrolled down. But this is trashy looking. The PWS we have is SO much better!!

PamperedLady1979 said:
I'm calling HO right now about this since it's been a few weeks since I reported it and her site is still up....

I just got off the phone with HO and they are "looking into it". I was told they will follow up with me once it has been investigated.

Funny though...I gave them her name and they couldn't find any consultants by that name but she still has her PWS?
That's not necessarily true. I haven't received follow up about any of the violations I've turned in, other than a canned "thanks for letting us know" note.

PamperedLady1979 said:

She may be using her maiden name or something for her "unofficial" website - that's possibly how she's been able to fly under the radar for so long?

I understand why we can't have websites outside of the PWS. My first thought is that she wants your email to tell you how to order online, then what she forwards you to her PWS or does she get your info over email? Personally it sounds shady to me, my first thought was that she isnt really a consultant but if she has a PWS I guess she is. See how suspicious I am LOL It just doesnt look professional.

Not only are we not allowed to have a non-PWS PC site, we're not supposed to post online that we are consultants. So even if this was just to collect info and redirect people to her PWS, it's against policy.

<h2>1. Can I create my own Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>Yes, you can create your own Pampered Chef website using the CC template provided by Pampered Chef. This template ensures that your website is in compliance with Pampered Chef's branding and policies.</p><h2>2. Do I have to use the CC template to create my Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>Yes, in order to maintain consistency and compliance with Pampered Chef's branding and policies, you must use the CC template to create your Pampered Chef website.</p><h2>3. Can I use my own domain name for my Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>Yes, you can use your own domain name for your Pampered Chef website. However, it must be connected to the CC template and must include "Pampered Chef" in the domain name.</p><h2>4. Do I have to pay for the CC template to create my Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>No, the CC template is provided for free by Pampered Chef to all consultants. However, you may have to pay for your own domain name and hosting services.</p><h2>5. What if I already have a website for my Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>If you already have a website for your Pampered Chef business, you can still use it. However, it must be connected to the CC template and must include "Pampered Chef" in the domain name. It is recommended to use the provided CC template to maintain consistency and compliance with Pampered Chef's branding and policies.</p>

1. Can I create my own Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can create your own Pampered Chef website using the CC template provided by Pampered Chef. This template ensures that your website is in compliance with Pampered Chef's branding and policies.

2. Do I have to use the CC template to create my Pampered Chef website?

Yes, in order to maintain consistency and compliance with Pampered Chef's branding and policies, you must use the CC template to create your Pampered Chef website.

3. Can I use my own domain name for my Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can use your own domain name for your Pampered Chef website. However, it must be connected to the CC template and must include "Pampered Chef" in the domain name.

4. Do I have to pay for the CC template to create my Pampered Chef website?

No, the CC template is provided for free by Pampered Chef to all consultants. However, you may have to pay for your own domain name and hosting services.

5. What if I already have a website for my Pampered Chef business?

If you already have a website for your Pampered Chef business, you can still use it. However, it must be connected to the CC template and must include "Pampered Chef" in the domain name. It is recommended to use the provided CC template to maintain consistency and compliance with Pampered Chef's branding and policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy