• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theBig Storm....enough Already!

Wow glad I am not in that storm its supposed to be in the 60's on Sat thank goodness for that we have baseball starting that dayThe weather is so bizzarre here. We just had some lightning and thunder to go along with our snow storm here in the Twin Cities. We are supposed to get several inches of snow tonight and possibly 4-6 inches tomorrow. It is supposed to keep on snowing right through to Saturday morning.
susanr613
Gold Member
I read online today that there's a big storm that is basically stretched vertically across the country sweeping through. It supposedly has not hit Chicagoland yet, although you couldn't tell. Except yesterday, it's been cold and rainy. I am sick of it! :mad:

DS can't even start Little League this weekend bec the fields are hardly greened and sopping wet. Every time I walk the dogs, I have to bundle up like it's still winter, and the the little one dries herself off by rolling around on my couch while I'm still taking the greyhound's coat off!

It makes me want to bake, cook, and eat, eat eat....while doing weight watchers.

OK, enough venting. I hope that whomever is located north and west of me is dry and safe!

I know, isn't this weather MISERABLE!! I've been running around in it all day and would REALLY like to skip taking DS to taekwondo tonight. I have SOOOOO much to do and DH usually takes him but won't be home tonight.

hey neighbor! i'd rather be running around in geneva than streamwood. I love third street (?) where the little traveler is and that great ice cream place.

susanr613 said:
hey neighbor! i'd rather be running around in geneva than streamwood. I love third street (?) where the little traveler is and that great ice cream place.
Yep, that's Third Street.:) I love it too. Not on a day like today, though! We can actually walk to downtown Geneva from our house if we're up for a longer walk. I love it in the summer! Especially Grahams (the ice cream place). :D

Let it rain.We don't have to shovel rain.

Kitchen Diva said:
NWS - National Mosaic Enhanced Radar Image: Full Resolution Loop

Folllow that link (or if it doesn't work you can cut and paste it in your browser, and you can see the storm for yourself! :)
Oooh wow, that's freaky! I'm going to save that in my Favorites because I always try to search for good radar loops when it's a big storm. Wow, I feel bad for those of you in MN and WI. That looks nasty. I heard there were a bunch of tornadoes down south.

I hope everyone is safe!!

Pouring, pouring, pouring and windy here in the Milwaukee area- flood warnings farther south. Inside feels good.

We are supposed to get about 6" of snow tonight. It's already snowing and blowing hard.I'm supposed to head to Milwaukee tomorrow so I hope it lightens up in the morning.

janetupnorth said:
We are supposed to get about 6" of snow tonight. It's already snowing and blowing hard.

I'm supposed to head to Milwaukee tomorrow so I hope it lightens up in the morning.

Watcha doin' in Milwaukee tomorrow?

Actually I'll be at a Red Cross Instructor Trainer course in Pewaukee Friday night - kids and us staying at brother's house in Menomonee Falls.Saturday all day we'll be in class again. Saturday night we're going to Racine to visit my mom, DH's mom and dad, and sister and the nieces and nephews there.Sunday - church in Racine then back home....and don't know about you guys but we have really odd winds right now. I'll probably lose internet connectivity tonight - don't think the satellite will hold out through this.

You'll practically be driving past my house. Wave :).

Have a safe trip!

dianevill said:
You'll practically be driving past my house. Wave :).

Have a safe trip!

Thanks - will do - although the kids will think I'm nuts!
Yeah, I'm staying my brother's house you stopped by that day. :)

I'm right between his house and Pewaukee, so you will be close.

If your kids are like mine, they already think you're nuts. ALL moms are nuts ya know!

Wow glad I am not in that storm its supposed to be in the 60's on Sat thank goodness for that we have baseball starting that day

The weather is so bizzarre here. We just had some lightning and thunder to go along with our snow storm here in the Twin Cities. We are supposed to get several inches of snow tonight and possibly 4-6 inches tomorrow. It is supposed to keep on snowing right through to Saturday morning.

Hope everyone experiencing this same weather is home safe and sound.

ChefTPhad said:
The weather is so bizzarre here. We just had some lightning and thunder to go along with our snow storm here in the Twin Cities. We are supposed to get several inches of snow tonight and possibly 4-6 inches tomorrow. It is supposed to keep on snowing right through to Saturday morning.

Hope everyone experiencing this same weather is home safe and sound.

I love thundersnow.....like in JANUARY...not april.

It's soooooooo windy here is WI right now it almost sounds like the siding is going to blow off of the house!! :eek:

Wow I don't even you guys that have storms and snow! I am in Central Arkansas and we have had some severe weather for the past 2 weeks~ Tornadoes and lots and lots of rain. Northern Arkansas is flooded. We had tornadoes last Thursday about 1 mile from my house and then again today. I babysat for a friend of mine today at her house and they had them there too. I have a 15 month old little girl and then had her 3 boys!! 4, 3, and 18 months so 4 kids under 4. Imagine how hectic it was getting them all in the closet during the tornadoes! Thank God it passed us and everything was fine. I am sick of this weather and ready for some sunshine!

oops I meant envy~not even

I'm sick of the rain here too; but it's better than snow! Dd's soccer has been cancelled all week; it's been too chilly here too, only around 45-50. I am SO ready for spring! Hopefully we'll get a spring, & not go straight into summer.

yeah well I paid $200 dollars to have a booth for 2 days (today and tomorrow)at a large established Home show..... guess what.... snow, sleet, rain and slush!!! Most schools are closed (not my DD's of course) Guess I am going to be networking alot woth the other vendors!

Hopefully people will still come because it is something indoors. Make the best of it - good luck!

1. What are some kitchen essentials to have during a big storm?

It's always important to have a manual can opener, a sturdy cutting board, a sharp knife, and a fire extinguisher on hand during a big storm. These tools will come in handy if the power goes out or if you need to prepare food without electricity.

2. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that are helpful during a storm?

Yes, our Grill Pan and Grill Press are great for cooking indoors during a storm. Our Food Chopper can also make quick work of chopping vegetables, fruits, and nuts without the need for electricity.

3. How can I keep my food fresh during a power outage?

Invest in a good quality cooler and ice packs to keep perishable foods chilled. You can also use our FridgeSmart containers, which are designed to keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer periods of time.

4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products if the power goes out?

Yes, many of our products can still be used without electricity, such as our stoneware and cast iron cookware. Our Manual Food Processor and Manual Food Processor Plus are also great options for preparing food without electricity.

5. How can I prepare for a big storm with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can help you prepare for a big storm, such as our Emergency Preparedness Kit and our Power Outage Kit. These kits include essentials like flashlights, hand-cranked radios, and other tools to help you stay prepared and safe during a storm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • jbarnhill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmeg