• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Shack: A Refreshing Journey of Faith

In summary, "The Shack" is a novel by William P. Young that follows the journey of a man named Mack as he grapples with the death of his daughter. Through encounters with God in the form of three individuals, Mack finds healing and a new understanding of his faith. Although the book contains Christian themes, it is not specifically categorized as a Christian book. "The Shack" has been used in book clubs and discussion groups and includes a discussion guide. It may not be suitable for younger readers due to mature themes and language. A movie adaptation was released in 2017.
Shawnna
Gold Member
I just finished The Shack...only took me about 5 hrs reading...probably not that long. It is an awesome book. There was a concern from someone about the portraying of God as female. I did not find the same uncomfortableness...the book states that God can appear in any form he chooses and it won't be the stereotypical God you imagine. I must say I laughed, I cried and I cried some more. What a journey. I found the book to be very refreshing. It is a book of fiction but as I read I found myself saying "that is exactly the way we should be" and "this is exactly the way we humans act" when it comes to God. I had some eye-opening moments. I would recommend this book to anyone.

Thanks for the post. I've been wondering about the book. I haven't read a review or synopsis on it, but I've seen a TON of people with the book lately.

It's a thought-provoking book. (I didn't mind the portrayal of god as a woman either...it actually helped bring home some the points the author makes)

I have this book and started reading it then life happened. My sisters heater broke when it was -10 out and her water pipes froze. Then she called b/c one of the pipes broke and she needed me to come get my nephew. Then I had shows to do and stuff around the house...I am hoping to read and finish it this weekend.

That is so odd. I was at the Bowling Alley last week and was chatting with another parent. Out of the blue, he asked if I had read this book and how great it was!!

Related to The Shack: A Refreshing Journey of Faith

1. What is "The Shack" about?

"The Shack" is a novel written by William P. Young that explores the journey of a man named Mack who is struggling with the death of his daughter. Through a series of encounters with God in the form of three individuals, Mack is able to find healing and a new understanding of his faith.

2. Is "The Shack" a Christian book?

While "The Shack" does have Christian themes and references, it is not specifically categorized as a Christian book. The author, William P. Young, has stated that his intention was to write a story that would challenge readers to think about their relationship with God and their understanding of faith.

3. Can "The Shack" be used for a book club or discussion group?

Yes, "The Shack" has been used in many book clubs and discussion groups as it raises thought-provoking questions about faith, forgiveness, and the nature of God. The book also includes a discussion guide to aid in group discussions.

4. Is "The Shack" appropriate for all ages?

The book does contain some mature themes and language, so it may not be suitable for younger readers. It is generally recommended for readers 13 years and older.

5. Is there a movie adaptation of "The Shack"?

Yes, a movie adaptation of "The Shack" was released in 2017. It follows the same story as the book and has received mixed reviews from both critics and audiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • PamperedDor
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • pamperedlinda