• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Were You On Nov. 22, 1963? Remembering JFK's Assassination

In summary, three suspects have been arrested for the Natalee Holloway case. The three were picked up in Aruba, Netherlands, because of new evidence. The arrest comes just as it seemed this cold case might go unsolved forever.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Where were you on this date in 1963? There is no news in Paige's case...however......there IS breaking news in the Natalee Holloway case! Just when it seemed this cold case might go unsolved forever, three arrests have been made. Brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were arrested in Aruba at the same time authorities in the Netherlands picked up Joran Van der Sloot at the request of the Aruban government. The three have been suspects in the disappearance of the Alabama teenager. It is reported that the three were arrested because of new evidence. LINK.There is always hope.Where were you on this date in 1963? I was sitting in a classroom at Algonquin School in Brown Deer, Wisconsin. A classmate, who was always kind of a dip, usually went home for lunch. He came into the classroom after lunch and in a flip, casual sort of way, told us, "Kennedy got shot." :eek: None of us believed it, this kid was not well liked and it would have been just like him to say something that stupid.But it was not something stupid. A few minutes later, our school principal came over the PA system and announced that, indeed, President John F. Kennedy had been shot and killed in Dallas that early afternoon. It was the beginning of a timeline of strange events and circumstances that never have really been completely interpreted. (And don't believe a single frame of that awful Oliver Stone movie.) Just like my parents knew were they were on December 7, 1941, I will always remember where I was on November 22, 1963, and we will all remember where we were on September 11, 2001.

Interesting Footnote: With two exceptions, every President elected or re-elected in a year ending in zero since 1840 has died in office: William Henry Harrison (elected 1840), Abraham Lincoln (elected 1860), James A. Garfield (elected 1880), William McKinley (re-elected 1900), Warren G. Harding (elected 1920) and Franklin D. Roosevelt (re-elected 1940). The assassination of John F. Kennedy (elected 1960) continued the so-called "Zero Curse." Although an attempted assasination was made, Ronald Reagan (elected 1980) survived the attempt that was made on March 30, 1981. The second exception is George W. Bush, elected in 2000, still serving his term and very much alive as of this writing.​
Requietum in pax, John F. Kennedy.Come home, Natalee Holloway.Come home, Paige.

I'm heartbroken that there's still no news in Paige's case. The news Natalie's is good and reminds me that, even if we're not aware of it, people are still trying to get to the bottom of our cold case.As for where I was on this date in 1963, I was a baby living in Marion, IN. Can't say I remember much. ;)

I read the update threads and the Missing thread every day; I rarely say or add anything, but I do appreciate you keeping us up to date KG.

I'm saying an extra prayer for Paige and her family today. It breaks my heart that she and her family will be apart on this day of family and thanks.

I hope and pray that the Holloway family may finally find the justice and answers they are searching for.

As for 1963.....I was 2 years old. I do not remember where I was.

1963 - I was 4 years old but I remember alot of those terrible few days. I was on the porch playing dolls with my friend Joyce. Mama was ironing and watching As the World Turns. The news bulletin came on (dont remember that part) but I remember Joyce's mama came over and they sat in front of the TV crying the rest of the day. The thing I remember the most is being at my Nanny's eating (could have been Thanksgiving dinner???) and everyone kept getting up from the table to watch the funeral procession. I liked the horses.

As for Paige - I said a prayer this morning as usual. ^j^
And I hope whatever evidence they have this time in the Natalie Holloway case sticks - it is encouraging that it was good enough to make an arrest.

I continue to check this thread daily in the hopes that something will happen as far as Paige is concerned. It is just so sad that her family is without her today and everyday.:cry:

As for 1963~I was still a glimmer in my Daddy's eye! I did do a research paper on the Kennedy assasination in college and just have to say there are way too many unanswered questions still there.:confused:

Thanks KG, I said a special prayer for Paige, her kids and family last night.

I wasn't even a thought in moms head in 1963- 10 years later however I was born!

I read the updates often; I rarely reply, but I do appreciate the updates KG.

Everyone of us on here today have so much to be Thankful for..... we're here.

As for 1963 - I was just barely 4. I remember my mom standing by the radio and crying - putting all of us kids in the car and driving to the field where my dad was plowing.... she ran to him embraced him and sobbed for a long time. They both knelt to the ground and I assumed they prayed. My mom took the long way home... we were all asleep and it ws dark when we got home.....

A slight memory ~ but I do remember it well...

On this date in 1963 I was 22 days away from my 2nd birthday. So I
can't say I remember anything either.

There is a great deal of twoth in you answer.

I wasn't even a thought in 1963! My Mom was only 12!
I will never loose hope for Paige!

as for 1963.... i wasn't born for another 16 years. lol

as for paige and natalee, i didn't know paige but it's aweful what has happened to her. natalee, i'm glad they're getting progress, i always felt so bad for her mother that they seemed like they dismissed her. you could alwyas tell that joran kid was hiding something. i hope justice is served for her family

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

You are 2 funny! I "count" on you 2 keep me in stitches!

Stampaholic1961 said:
You are 2 funny! I "count" on you 2 keep me in stitches!
You can make up for me because I'm twothless.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You can make up for me because I'm twothless.

LOL! I give up...you win! I can't keep up with you. I can't think
of anything else funny 2 say!!! I already knew it but I formally
admit that you are the King of Humor!!!

Have prayed for Paige & her family this day.

I wasn't born yet this day in 1963......however, I do remember where I was Sept. 11, 2001, as well as the day the Discovery launched, and the day that President Reagan was shot.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

TWOTH !!:D :p :balloon:

I was in kindergarden but do not remember any announcements in school but I would have been getting home around 3:15 or 3:30 ET. I do remember sitting in the living room on the floor watching the news report and then Walter Cronkite breaking in saying that President Kennedy had died. Even as a little poop I remember my heart sinking. I think I could relate to Caroline who is about a year older than I am. I remember President Johnson being sworn into office and the funeral of President Kennedy.

I also remember Lee Harvey Oswald being shot too. Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy.

I was glad to hear that when the planes hit the Twin Towers, he was in history class. His teacher turned on the television and somberly told the children that they could watch tv for class that day and to remember that they were watching a historical day that they would never forget.

I pray for closure for Natalie Holloway's family. Just because they have evidence does not mean these jerks will ever confess or tell her parents what happened or where she is. IMO, I believe that Natalie will never be found.
And I have also thought about Paige and her family today too. Just hope RD and his family are treating the children like gold.

1. Where were you on Nov. 22, 1963?

I was not alive on that date, as I am a company and not a person. However, I am aware that it was the day of President John F. Kennedy's assassination.

2. Do you have any memories of JFK's assassination?

As a company, I do not have personal memories. However, I am aware of the significance and impact of this event in history.

3. How does Pampered Chef remember and honor JFK's assassination?

We honor JFK's legacy by continuing to inspire and empower people to create meals and memories with loved ones, just as he valued the importance of family and togetherness.

4. Has Pampered Chef ever created any products or promotions related to JFK's assassination?

No, we have not created any specific products or promotions related to this event. However, we do offer a variety of kitchen tools and cookbooks that can be used to create recipes from the era.

5. How has JFK's assassination affected the food industry?

The assassination of JFK had a significant impact on the food industry, as it led to the creation of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, which focused on promoting healthy eating and regular physical activity. This, in turn, influenced the introduction of healthier food options and dietary guidelines in schools and restaurants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies