• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teacher Potluck ~ Picnic Theme...

In summary, for a picnic-themed potluck, bring dishes that are easy to transport and can be enjoyed at room temperature. Consider checking for dietary restrictions before deciding on your dish. Store-bought dishes are also welcome, and adding a personal touch can make them even better. It's best to check with the organizer or host for any specific dishes to bring. For drinks, refreshing options like lemonade or iced tea are recommended, and don't forget to bring cups and ice. Remember to bring your own serving utensils for your dish to prevent cross-contamination.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hey Cheffers!

Looking for a great recipe to bring to the end of the year luncheon for my son's school and the theme is "Let's go on a picnic"....

Thought about a berry trifle or torte or something like that. Any other thoughts? I get first pick of what to bring. Can be anything: appetizers, meat entree, vegetable salad, or dessert.

Thanks,
Karen

Fruit or veggies in the Cool & Serve Tray?

Deviled eggs in the Cool and Serve. Inexpensive for you to make compared with the price of fruits and veggies these days.

I've only heard about it but never tried it but the first thing that popped into my head was the Cheeseburger Salad (not sure of it's real name?). I don't know if that would work for you or not.

Smores cups.

I really like the idea of the Smores Cups! I think that would be a great idea and pretty cheap to make as well...Karen

thehaleykitchen said:
I really like the idea of the Smores Cups! I think that would be a great idea and pretty cheap to make as well...

Karen

Cheap, delicious, actually too delicious. My only problem with smores cups is getting out the door and still having some to take! Ha!

1. What kind of dishes should I bring to the potluck with a picnic theme?

For a picnic-themed potluck, it's best to bring dishes that are easy to transport and can be enjoyed at room temperature. Some popular options include sandwiches, salads, fruit platters, and finger foods like deviled eggs or pinwheels. Don't forget to check with the host or other attendees for any dietary restrictions or allergies before deciding on your dish.

2. Can I bring a store-bought dish to the potluck?

Absolutely! While homemade dishes are always appreciated, store-bought dishes are a convenient option and can be just as delicious. If you do choose to bring a store-bought dish, consider adding a personal touch by plating it nicely or adding some additional garnishes.

3. Is there a signup sheet or specific dishes I should bring?

It's always a good idea to check with the potluck organizer or host to see if there is a signup sheet or specific dishes that they would like attendees to bring. This can help ensure a good variety of dishes and prevent any duplicates.

4. What should I bring to drink to the potluck?

For a picnic-themed potluck, refreshing drinks are always a hit. Consider bringing a pitcher of lemonade or iced tea, or even a cooler with a variety of canned or bottled drinks. Don't forget to bring cups, ice, and any necessary serving utensils.

5. Should I bring my own serving utensils for my dish?

Yes, it's always a good idea to bring your own serving utensils for your dish. This helps prevent any cross-contamination and ensures that everyone can easily serve themselves. If you forget, don't worry – there are usually extra utensils available at potlucks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • cajunchelle
  • General Chat
Replies