• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tart Shaper Troubles? Get Expert Tips for Perfect Mini Cakes & Brownies!

:)I wish it were made out of BAMBOO!! I am thinking that it might make it a little non-stick. But, not sure if that would help. :)
millerswamp
I really need HELP! Everytime I have used the tart shaper-mini carrot cakes, tuxedo brownies, etc- The cake sticks to the shaper. I have used spray oil and flour-confectioners sugar-still sticks! Any suggestions????

I am glad you started this. I just had this issue this weekend.

Put about 1/4 cup either flour (or cocoa) in a prep bowl, (depending on the color of the batter); then, simply dip the tart shaper in the flour or cocoa in between presses. This should take care of it for you.

Best of luck!!

This happens to me, too. When I make the S'Mores Cups, the graham cracker mixture sticks to it. I was curious if putting on flour or sugar would help, but I guess you've tried so I don't know if there is a solution.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Put about 1/4 cup either flour (or cocoa) in a prep bowl, (depending on the color of the batter); then, simply dip the tart shaper in the flour or cocoa in between presses. This should take care of it for you.

Best of luck!!

This is what I do too and never have a problem with sticking.

It always sticks for me. I have to load it with flour - but for some things it does not matter. :)

I wish it were made out of BAMBOO!! I am thinking that it might make it a little non-stick. But, not sure if that would help.

(still love it though!)

babywings76 said:
This happens to me, too. When I make the S'Mores Cups, the graham cracker mixture sticks to it. I was curious if putting on flour or sugar would help, but I guess you've tried so I don't know if there is a solution.

I've never had this problem and I make the smores cups all the time - family of addicts. I make sure mine is wet with butter (can never have too much butter). I don't have to keep wetting it, once it's soaked enough, it works fine.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your tart shaper. As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand how frustrating it can be when things don't turn out perfectly. First of all, make sure you are using a non-stick tart shaper. If you're not sure, you can always double check with the product number (1658) or ask your Pampered Chef consultant. In addition to using spray oil and flour/confectioners sugar, you can also try lightly greasing the tart shaper with butter or shortening. Another tip is to chill the tart shaper in the fridge before using it. This can help prevent the cake from sticking. If you're still having trouble, try using a different recipe or adjusting the baking time and temperature. Every oven is different, so it's important to experiment and find the perfect combination for your specific oven. I hope these tips help you achieve perfect mini cakes and brownies with your tart shaper. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more personalized assistance. Happy baking!

Related to Tart Shaper Troubles? Get Expert Tips for Perfect Mini Cakes & Brownies!

1. How do I clean my tart shaper?

To clean your tart shaper, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or cleaners, as these can damage the surface of the tool.

2. Why is my tart shaper leaving marks on my dough?

If your tart shaper is leaving marks on your dough, it could be due to the tool being too hot or not floured enough. Let the tart shaper cool down before using it, and make sure to lightly flour both the shaper and the dough to prevent sticking.

3. Can I use my tart shaper for other recipes besides tarts?

Yes, the tart shaper can be used for a variety of recipes such as cookies, scones, and pie crusts. It can also be used to press down ingredients in a pan or to make small indentations in dough for fillings.

4. How do I prevent my tart shaper from rusting?

To prevent rusting, make sure to dry your tart shaper thoroughly after each use. If rust does appear, you can lightly scrub it with steel wool and then reseason the shaper with a light coat of oil.

5. Is the tart shaper dishwasher safe?

No, the tart shaper is not dishwasher safe. The high temperatures and harsh detergents can damage the surface of the tool. It is best to hand wash and dry the tart shaper for optimal performance and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies