• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking Notes Effectively: Tips From Cheffers Who Can't Live Without Them!

In summary, you can take notes by writing down key points, key facts, or key words that are being stressed at conference. Be sure to listen carefully and write down what really stands out to you. Compare notes with other cheffers, copy from other cheffers, or have extra pen or pencil handy.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
So now that I know I can't have a recorder, are there any good tips on taking notes?
I honestly couldn't live if I couldn't take notes and reference them!
So, what do other Cheffers use?

i wish i had good advice or tips
i just try to write as fast as i can u can save alittle time by using
b=be
2=to
4=for
u=you

things like that you will understand later
hth :)

Here are some tipsHere are some tips that always help me:

Write down key facts - try to write down key points, key facts, or key words that are being stressed at conference

Don't overdo it - don't try to write down every word, you might miss something important. Listen carefully and write down what really stands out to you.

Compare - you can always compare notes with other cheffers

Copy - And you can always copy from other cheffers

Have extra pen or pencil handy!!

Debbie :D

If the presenter has a hand out, take notes on that. It will prevent you from writing something you don't need to because it's already in print.

--Jenny L

I agree with taking the key points... if there is something that you will want word for word the speaker will normally, at Q&A time, repeat it slowly so you can write it down!

When all else fails -- buy the mp3 version of the best of all 3 conference from ekochef.com and listen to it 100 times (okay, that's how I take notes ....:) )

MandyK said:
When all else fails -- buy the mp3 version of the best of all 3 conference from ekochef.com and listen to it 100 times (okay, that's how I take notes ....:) )
It's sad that I know what you are talking about!

MandyK said:
$20 each and there are no samples and only available via MP3?!!!!!

Related to Taking Notes Effectively: Tips From Cheffers Who Can't Live Without Them!

1. How can I organize my notes effectively?

One tip for organizing notes effectively is to create a system that works for you. This can include using color-coded tabs or highlighting important information. You can also try using a bullet-point format to make your notes more organized and easy to follow.

2. Is it better to take notes by hand or on a computer?

This will depend on personal preference and the situation. Some people find that writing notes by hand helps with memory retention, while others prefer the convenience and speed of typing on a computer. It may be helpful to experiment with both methods and see which works best for you.

3. How can I stay focused while taking notes?

One way to stay focused while taking notes is to actively listen and engage in the material being presented. Avoid distractions and try to summarize the key points in your own words. You can also try taking breaks and stretching to keep your mind alert.

4. How do I know which information is important to write down?

This will depend on the purpose of your notes. If you are taking notes for a specific task or project, focus on writing down information that is relevant to that task. If you are taking notes for a class or meeting, try to write down key points and any important details that are mentioned.

5. What should I do with my notes after I have taken them?

After taking notes, it is important to review and organize them. You can also try condensing your notes into a more concise format or creating flashcards to help with studying. It may also be helpful to save your notes for future reference or to share with others who may benefit from the information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg