• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Weight Loss: My Mom's Unsupportive Response

In summary, this month, a woman lost weight by eating three meals a day and focusing on protein and dairy. Her mother was negative and said she would probably get sick.
rennea
Gold Member
This month I have decided that it's the month to lose weight. I did my weigh in this week today and lost 6lbs and lost an inch on my hips and waist. Yahoo for me.........I wanted to share the good news so I called my Mom and all she had to say is "ya you'll probably just get sick" and "people who lose that much weight in a week are just starving themselves".

Well I'm not!!! 4 meals aday, lots of fruits and veg. Measuring my protein and dairy. So bummed that somebody would be so negative over my good news:(

6 lbs is sooo wonderful!! At about 10 lbs. you can usually see a big difference in your face and that is always awesome. While many of us are putting on lbs. you are taking off and doing it in a healthy way. Your mom is a worry wort. You need a weight loss partner so you can encourage each other. I am proud of you! I need to do just what you are doing.

sorry your mom wasn't as happy as you!!! I think the more you weigh the more you are able to lose without making yourself sick. On biggest loser they lose 15lbs in a week or 2 but they are unhealthy overweight. not saying you are I have no idea. mother in law is overweight bad and she lost almost 10lbs in one week. granted she took metabolism boosters and didn't do it the right way and gained it back. but nothing wrong losing 6lbs! way to go!! sorry I went off, didn't mean too!! keep up the great work!!!

6 lbs is amazing! Don't be bummed! Be proud of yourself! Even one pound is great!

Chef_2_Four said:
sorry your mom wasn't as happy as you!!! I think the more you weigh the more you are able to lose without making yourself sick. On biggest loser they lose 15lbs in a week or 2 but they are unhealthy overweight. not saying you are I have no idea. mother in law is overweight bad and she lost almost 10lbs in one week. granted she took metabolism boosters and didn't do it the right way and gained it back. but nothing wrong losing 6lbs! way to go!! sorry I went off, didn't mean too!! keep up the great work!!!

Well I'm not obese but I do want to lose another 30lbs, right now I'm a size 10/11. Don't really care about final dress size, as long as I look and feel good. I'm surprised it's come off this way I am down from a size 12. Feeling better just pissed at my mom. She of course is pencil thin!!!

Why are mom's sometimes our worst critics - Blow it off as a jealousy thing and enjoy your success and most of all PROVE HER WRONG!!!!

6 Lbs is awesome - Don't expect it everyweek and it is not good to lose the much each week but you will do awesome Maybe you shouldn't share with mom. Have her ask you how much you lost rather than automatically calling her

Shar your successes with us and we will be your cheerleaders!!!

Way To Go!!!! I'm So Proud Of You!!!!

Good job on the weight loss. Mom's can be so awful sometimes. Just focus on her good parts. AND focus on your successes.

{{{HUGS}}} and GOOD JOB!!!

Thanks guys.:) I’m determined to prove her wrong and I’m very stubborn. I’m an emotional eater so the first thing I wanted to do when I got off the phone was to shove something into my mouth. But instead I waited for lunch and had shrimp salad and a whole wheat bun with veggies on it. So poo poo on her!!! I have filled our home with veggies, fruit , low fat dairy and whole grains and my DH has lost 3lbs this week as well and he’s not even trying!!!

So far so good, I sure haven't gone hungry and don't feel deprived at all. Now just to up my excerise:rolleyes:

I find that avocados on my salad help to fill me up, and I don't feel the need to use dressing. Of course, I love avocados on just about anthing. I lost weight at conference, about 2 pounds. I ordered vegetarian "cuisine" and didn't always care for the breakfast choices (good choices for someone eating bread, meat, and eggs). I also had salad at about every meal because I couldn't always find what I wanted. But I did have a rockin sandwich at the Corner Bakery just before the train left to take us home. I was so ready for a filling and delicious meal that I gave in to the bread and cheese on the panini. It's just north of the Hilton on Michigan Ave. We of course took the long way around and went to the one by the Palmer House, thanks to the concierge not telling us about the one that is closer. That probably helped with the weight loss. We had all of our luggage and it was a nice sunny day. I was so hungry I ate the chips too. That's a veggie isn't it?

rennea said:
This month I have decided that it's the month to lose weight. I did my weigh in this week today and lost 6lbs and lost an inch on my hips and waist. Yahoo for me.........I wanted to share the good news so I called my Mom and all she had to say is "ya you'll probably just get sick" and "people who lose that much weight in a week are just starving themselves".

Well I'm not!!! 4 meals aday, lots of fruits and veg. Measuring my protein and dairy. So bummed that somebody would be so negative over my good news:(

You did GREAT! A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss is a loss.... etc. Soooo much better than continuing to gain! Good for you! I'm doing weight watchers myself. I gained 35 pounds in 3 months from a medication. I'm down 11, was hoping to be "myself" again for my big walk, but I'm so proud of myself, I refuse to feel bad! :)

After seeing me in my new dresses, my Mom asked me if I wanted her truthful reaction (yes).... She said I looked pregnant in my favorite one! Can you believe it???? My favorite ~ the one I wanted to wear. *sigh* Now I have to decide which skirt to wear instead.

My kids say I look pregnant in some of my fashionable shirts. It's the style, and my friends and other fashionable people know I'm not pregnant.

rennea said:
So bummed that somebody would be so negative over my good news:(

Congratulations on losing weight! I probably found it! I'm sorry your mom
brought you down. She sounds just like my mom!! I've learned not to expect support from her. I have to get my affirmations (is that the word I'm really looking for?) from someone else! Keep up the good work & don't let her discourage you!!

rennea said:
Thanks guys.:) I’m determined to prove her wrong and I’m very stubborn.

Congratulations on your loss! (now that's sounds kind of funny!) Like someone else sai, Moms can be our worse critics. She's just worrie you're losing too fast and the only way in her mind if you're starving yourself.

But do the weight loss not prove something to her ~ but for YOU and ONLY YOU. Once one makes up their mind, determination and dedication, it shall be achieve!

Good luck ~
Ginny

rennea said:
Thanks guys.:) I’m determined to prove her wrong and I’m very stubborn. I’m an emotional eater so the first thing I wanted to do when I got off the phone was to shove something into my mouth. But instead I waited for lunch and had shrimp salad and a whole wheat bun with veggies on it. So poo poo on her!!! I have filled our home with veggies, fruit , low fat dairy and whole grains and my DH has lost 3lbs this week as well and he’s not even trying!!!

So far so good, I sure haven't gone hungry and don't feel deprived at all. Now just to up my excerise:rolleyes:

That is great!! Use proving her wrong as motivation!! :D I bet that will help!! I wish I could get under a size 12 but I don't have the body structure. I'm a whole lot of bones and muscles....thanks grandma! hahaha!! got my hips from her!! :D anyway keep up the great work!! It is really hard not to be an emotional eater so if you can be strong and not give in to it you are going in the right direction!!

I completely agree with the sentiment that moms can be our worst critics. (Side note, I was telling my mom about some of the products introduced at conference, and she told me "You'll never sell that. That's just ridiculous to pay that for xxxx." I almost hung up on her, because that's her first reaction whenever she looks in our catalog. Even after I explained that it's an investment...) Anyhoo-- Great job! Heaven knows I should be trying to lose some weight, but I'm just too lazy to bother.

What are some tips for successful weight loss?

1. Start small and make gradual changes to your diet and exercise routine. This will make it easier to stick with and less overwhelming.2. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. This can help curb cravings and keep you feeling full.3. Incorporate a variety of whole, nutrient-dense foods into your meals, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats.4. Find an exercise routine that you enjoy and can stick with. This could be anything from walking to weightlifting to yoga.5. Don't forget to prioritize sleep and manage stress, as these can also impact weight loss.

How can I deal with unsupportive family members while trying to lose weight?

1. Communicate openly with your family about your goals and why they are important to you. Let them know how their support can positively impact your journey.2. Set boundaries and politely decline any negative comments or temptations to indulge in unhealthy foods.3. Find a support system outside of your family, such as a friend or online community, to help keep you motivated and accountable.4. Focus on yourself and your own progress, rather than comparing yourself to others or seeking validation from your family.5. Seek professional help or counseling if your family's lack of support is causing significant stress or hindering your progress.

Is it okay to have cheat meals while trying to lose weight?

1. It is okay to have occasional cheat meals, as long as they are planned and do not become a regular occurrence.2. Incorporate them in moderation and make sure to balance them out with healthier choices throughout the week.3. Be mindful of portion sizes and try to make healthier versions of your favorite indulgent foods.4. Remember that weight loss is a journey and one meal or day of indulging will not ruin your progress.5. Listen to your body and avoid overindulging, as this can lead to feelings of guilt and setbacks in your weight loss journey.

What are some healthy snacks that can aid in weight loss?

1. Fresh fruits and vegetables, such as apples, carrots, and cucumbers, are nutritious and low in calorie.2. Greek yogurt with berries and a sprinkle of granola or nuts is a satisfying and protein-packed snack.3. Air-popped popcorn is a low-calorie and high-fiber snack option.4. Hard-boiled eggs are a convenient and protein-rich snack to keep you feeling full.5. Hummus with whole grain crackers or veggies is a tasty and nutritious snack that can also help curb cravings.

How long does it take to see results from weight loss efforts?

1. Everyone's journey is different and results may vary based on factors such as genetics, starting weight, and lifestyle habits.2. It is important to focus on overall health and not just the number on the scale. Even if you don't see significant weight loss, you may notice improvements in energy levels, mood, and overall well-being.3. Aim for a slow and steady weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week, as this is more sustainable and healthy.4. Consistency is key. Stick with your healthy habits and trust that results will come in time.5. Remember that weight loss is not just about the number on the scale, but also about feeling stronger, more confident, and healthier overall.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies