• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Substitute for Creole Rub in New Orleans Style Gumbo?

In summary, Creole rub is a flavorful seasoning blend commonly used in Cajun and Creole cooking. It can be made at home using a combination of spices or substituted with Cajun seasoning. It is often used in dishes such as jambalaya, gumbo, and blackened fish or chicken. Pampered Chef also offers a Cajun seasoning blend as a substitute for Creole rub.
PamperedMandy2010
I'm wondering if there is a substitute for the creole rub I could use in the New Orleans style gumbo? Usually there's a chef's tip if there is a sub and I don't see one on this recipe. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!! :chef:

I'd love to know too! Bump! :)

Thanks!

i use tony cachere's creole seasoning. It is MSG free

Thanks so much! I'll try that.

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I completely understand the importance of finding substitutes for ingredients in recipes. For the New Orleans style gumbo, you can try using a Cajun seasoning blend as a substitute for the creole rub. Alternatively, you can make your own creole seasoning by combining paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano, and black pepper. Adjust the amounts of each ingredient to your personal taste. I hope this helps and happy cooking! :chef:

1. What is Creole rub?

Creole rub is a seasoning blend that typically includes spices such as paprika, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, and thyme. It is commonly used in Cajun and Creole cooking to add flavor and spice to dishes.

2. Can I make my own Creole rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own Creole rub at home by combining spices such as paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, thyme, and salt. You can adjust the ratios of each spice to suit your taste preferences.

3. What can I use as a substitute for Creole rub?

If you do not have Creole rub on hand, you can use a combination of spices such as paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and thyme to create a similar flavor profile. You can also use Cajun seasoning as a substitute.

4. Are there any specific dishes that require Creole rub?

Creole rub is commonly used in dishes such as jambalaya, gumbo, and blackened fish or chicken. However, you can also use it to season meats, vegetables, and soups for added flavor.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer a substitute for Creole rub?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a Cajun seasoning blend that can be used as a substitute for Creole rub. It is a flavorful blend of spices that can be used in a variety of dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShorelineChef
  • chef greta
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies