• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a good substitute for Chipotle Rub for fajitas?

In summary, a great substitute for Chipotle Rub is smoked paprika and cumin, or a combination of chili powder and liquid smoke. Regular paprika can also be used, but with the addition of cumin or chili powder for enhanced flavor. For a low-sodium alternative, try using smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Chipotle Rub can be easily made at home with ground chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. It can be used on a variety of dishes including meats, vegetables, soups, and dips.
mmilus
Gold Member
I'm doing a bridal shower on Saturday and we are going to do the 15 minute Fajitas in the DCB. However, I don't have the PC Chipotle Rub. Anyone know what we can substitute? TIA, Marci

mmilus said:
I'm doing a bridal shower on Saturday and we are going to do the 15 minute Fajitas in the DCB. However, I don't have the PC Chipotle Rub. Anyone know what we can substitute? TIA, Marci

Southwest seasoning. If you don't have that either then you could use taco seasoning.

Do you have any other rubs? The new Chili Lime Rub or even the Lemon Pepper will work. I also like the Southwestern Seasoning Mix.

I use the Southwest Seasoning for Fajitas in the DCB. Everyone loves it. I've also thought the new Chili Lime Rub would be delicious, but I haven't tried it yet because everyone wants the SW.

HTH

Shari

Thanks! The only rubs I have are the Chili Lime and the Buffalo so I think we'll go with the Chili Lime. Marci

I did all fajita shows this month and used the chili lime rub. Then I made a simple salsa with the chili lime rub in it (cherry tomatoes, lime zest and juice, a jalapeno, onion, garlic, rub)- awesome and a great compliment to the fajitas.

What is a good substitute for Chipotle Rub?

A great substitute for Chipotle Rub is smoked paprika and cumin. You can also try a combination of chili powder and liquid smoke for a similar flavor profile.

Can I use regular paprika instead of Chipotle Rub?

Regular paprika can be used as a substitute for Chipotle Rub, but keep in mind that it will not have the same smoky flavor. You may want to add a touch of cumin or chili powder to enhance the taste.

Is there a low-sodium alternative for Chipotle Rub?

If you are looking for a low-sodium alternative for Chipotle Rub, you can try using a combination of smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. This will give you a similar flavor without the added salt.

Can I make my own Chipotle Rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own Chipotle Rub at home. All you need is ground chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

What dishes can I use Chipotle Rub on?

Chipotle Rub is a versatile spice blend that can be used on a variety of dishes. It pairs well with meats such as chicken, beef, and pork, and can also be used to add a smoky flavor to vegetables, soups, and dips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
c00p
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Melissa78