• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Find New Hosts for Pampered Chef? Here are Some Tips!

In summary, Kristi and Frank are both having a hard time finding new hosts for their Pampered Chef parties. Kristi has been doing Customer Care Calls with her past hosts to try and get them to recommit, but has had no luck. Frank has been drumming up business by asking everyone he meets if they would like to host a party or buy something. Kristi and Frank both suggest that hosting a party is the best way to find new hosts. Kristi also suggests contacting local churches and grocery stores to set up a booth.
Boomerjojo
So, I have been selling Pampered Chef now for 7 months and I am having such a hard time finding new hosts. I have been putting flyers and catalogs everywhere. I got everyone that I know to host a show or buy something and I just don't know how to get new people that I don't know. I was suppose to have 2 shows this month and they both cancelled. Any ideas on how to get more hosts? Also, I have been trying to find bizarres to attend but not sure how to find them in the area?

CALL all of the guests from your past shows and do Customer Care Calls with them. There is a great script that you can use on Consultants Corner.

Your local chamber of commerce might be able to tell you about fairs/festivals in your area.As for drumming up hosts, ask everyone. I'm serious. Mention PC to everyone you meet. If they like PC, ask if they've held a show recently. If not, let them know you'd love to do a party for them. If they say they don't do parties, ask about collecting orders for a catalog show. Not everyone will respond, but you should get a few. Those few will naturally lead to more and more bookings outside your circle of family and friends.It takes a while to build a good client list. Once you do, bookings are a lot easier.Frankly, I have a fairly large family, and few of them have ever hosted. The first couple of months after I signed, my mom did a catalog show. One of my aunts has hosted. I have a couple of cousins with shows coming up. That's out of the 12 aunts and 34 cousins on my side of the family. None of my in-laws has hosted. I have oodles of friends, but only a handful have hosted shows. I really think it's easier with outsiders, anyway. For some reason family seems to think they're doing you a favor by hosting. (Guess not many of my family members feel like doing me a favor. ;))

MY MOTTO: DON'T LISTEN TO MOM TALK TO STRANGERS!

It really has helped me out. I have found taht i am doing shows more and more for people that I just met. Then once you have a full schedule it is much easier to keep the ball rolling with bookings form those shows. When you are at your shows make sure to ask each person if they would like to book a show. Also ask them if they would like to be on your contact list. That way if you get nito a rut again you can call these people with exciting new specials!

Coach your hosts to invite people from many walks of life. Give them examples like high school friends, college friends, church or other social groups, people from current job, people from past jobs, relatives, kids friends moms, etc. The bigger variety of people you get at each show, the more you branch out and getting parties is easier. Also if they say....but I would invite the same people that are here today, challange them with the list of how to fill their invite list but also tell them you have a group of firends that has parties once month and they keep buying. (white lie) but I know groups like this

I read on a loop recently that instead of coaching your hosts to say "bring a guest" to their invites- Say "how many friends will you be bringing with you?"

To find fairs- www.craftlister.com, http://www.gocitykids.com, newspaper, local newsletters, call local churches, you can even call local grocery stores and the like and ask if you can set up a booth

The business is there you just have to go after it.

Kristi

PS None of my family has ever hosted a show either!

Joanne: Your frustration comment is exactly where I am after seven months too. I have called people as well, well over a hundred in one week after I sent out a bunch of catalogs and - no responses. I can't seem to get over calling and calling the same people because I feel if they want anything they would have the good sense to call me, but not so. I also don't want to develop the reputation of a pushy PC lady. They say what you do today shows up in two/three months - that has not happened.

I went to the conference in Chicago this summer and it was ok, nothing special. My past business-world history probably influenced my opinion too much. PC is such a good product it's hard for me to imagine folks not more willing to purchase - even something small.

I've worked it hard and it's just not producing the results I expected.

Disappointed in Kansas City

I feel for the twof of you... But I would like to share this with you! Whenever I am in a bookings slump, or simply would like more.... I host a Recipe Sampling in my home.... I make a bunch of recipes from the Season's Best and invite everyone... (And the key here is to have THEM bring a friend) So invite your neighbour, but ask "Sally, can you think of someone who might also enjoy the sampling?" - Allow them to answer with a name... And then give THEM an invitation to give to that person.

My invitations say - Leave your wallets at home. I normally generate sales anway - but I am NOT doing this for sales, it is for the bookings.

I personally invite each person. I knock on their door and hand deliver an invitation. I had one last week - with 9 in attendance... 1 catalogue show, 1 December show and 1 January show booked and $600 in sales.

Last fall I hosted one for 18 past hosts --- it generated 6 new bookings for my calender.

While they are there it gives me an opportunity to really showcase the upcoming hostess specials ---

I prizes for them too!

here are a few other tips to add bookings... Incase you have yet to try this:
- Sending out a newsletter to customers
- Making calls asking for help.... "I am just 1 show away from my goal"
- Touching base with customers
- Asking for referals. THIS IS HUGE.
- Take a telelclass on bookings
- e-classes... Have you done them?
- Have you scheduled a coaching call with your Director?

GOOD LUCK GIRLS ---- Can't wait to hear your results.

Laurie

Argh! After typing out a long reply, it told me I had to login again! :(

Anyway, my main point was also to talk to everybody, everywhere. I got a booking in the grocery store this year with a complete stranger. You can plan an extra 10 min. into your grocery trip so that you can wait in the longest line and chat up other customers. Take recipes with you that have your contact info and give them to people buying some of the ingredients. Offer to come and cook for them!

Go back to the places you've left fliers and catalogs and talk to the person in charge. Offer to do a show there for their employees. If the employees like what you show, they'll mention it to customers when they see people looking at your flier/catalogs. My party last night was in the conference room of a title company (most guests were realtors), but you can do shows at hair salons, fitness centers, apartment clubhouses, etc.

Remember that this is your business. Keep in mind why you are doing it, then branch out of your comfort zone and try something new. The definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing and expect different results! In my 7 1/2 years doing PC, I've felt the way you felt before, too. And I've had months where I didn't submit anything, but I always made sure to remain active. This year, I've done 2 1/2 times the business I did last year because I persevered and God blessed my efforts. You can overcome this, too!

I just have to say you guys are great! I am still really excited about selling Pampered Chef and you all give me hope!

What is "aLittle Frustrating.."?

"aLittle Frustrating.." is a collection of kitchen tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. These products are exclusive to Pampered Chef and are known for their high quality and user-friendly designs.

How do I use "aLittle Frustrating.." products?

Each product in the "aLittle Frustrating.." line comes with detailed instructions and tips for use. You can also find video tutorials and recipes on the Pampered Chef website. If you have any specific questions, our customer service team is always happy to help.

What makes "aLittle Frustrating.." products different from other kitchen tools?

"aLittle Frustrating.." products are designed with the home cook in mind. They are intuitive, durable, and versatile, making them perfect for everyday use. Our products also come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can trust that you are getting the best quality tools for your kitchen.

Are "aLittle Frustrating.." products dishwasher safe?

Many of our "aLittle Frustrating.." products are dishwasher safe, but we always recommend checking the product instructions before placing it in the dishwasher. Some products may require hand washing to maintain their quality and longevity.

Can I purchase "aLittle Frustrating.." products in stores?

No, "aLittle Frustrating.." products are exclusive to Pampered Chef and can only be purchased through our consultants or on our website. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and ensure the authenticity and quality of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jregini
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • Shelbi