• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Balance Life & Pampered Chef - What Would You Do?

In summary, Janet is getting married and her bank account is low, so she's considering going inactive. She has tried everything and is at a loss for what to do next. She has friends and family she can call, but she would like some advice. She has a show scheduled for this week, but if she goes inactive, she can start up again within 12 months with just $200 in sales.
renee.see
I'm going to fall inactive this month - I've already accepted that. I was ready to fall inactive and end my "career" with Pampered Chef. Now, I'm not so sure that's what I want to do. I need the extra money and I really want to do this, but I can't get bookings. I've already told everyone I'm going inactive.

I'm getting married in September, so I'm already REALLY busy. Between that and my full-time job, I barely have time for myself, my house and my relationship. Our bank account is strugling and I'm sick of the past due bills. I could really use the extra income.

Any suggestions? I've tried it all and then some. What would you do? Should I just stay inactive?

I would pick up the phone and call! Start with friends...

The finances drain more of your motivation and energy than anything...I know from experience. We never know what $ is coming in for my husband because he is a missionary at a camp and I work to pay the bills. When something breaks and the bills get piling, I admit I often stress...even when I know all I have to do is trust God and He takes care of it.

Start doing some customer care calls with your past customers...don't tell them you're going inactive. Tell them that you are getting a fresh start on your business and life. You are getting married soon and time is crunched but you'd love to take a few hours out some night and do a show. (Just pick 1 night every two weeks if 1 night a week is too much, etc.)

Throw together your own open house or catalog show.

...just some thoughts...

If you love PC, love the products and need the money, I wouldn't "just stay inactive".

Janet has good points. I would add to that if you do go inactive you can start back up anytime within 12 months with just $200 in sales.

Some people will give you cash for your wedding. You could use some of that to purchase PC products you want to add to your kitchen (I bet you could find $200 worth) - order it in their name - THEY gave you the gift!

People will need to do Christmas shopping - have a "Shop from your Seat" open house in Oct or Nov (there must be at least one day out of the 62 that are available in that time). Invite all your friends, relatives, hosts, guests...

I thought I was going to go inactive this month. I sent out a "i'm desperate email" and also looked at all the birthdays I have coming up and it looks like I might end up with 2 shows so not only am I remaining active but it looks like I might get the pan also. I have a few people to call but I've at least got enough in orders for the single show with 2 people promising to order this week, one who usually orders enough for a show so I may make her a host and let her get the freebies this time around.

I learned asomething at conf. To help potential recruits that I think will help you. If you are truly serious about wanting to work your business you should sit down with your hubby to be and look at your calendar. See when you are able to work. Not only to do shows but to have some office time as well. Once you have that worked out you can look at your business realistically. Also write down what you (and your fiance') want from PC.

HTH!

this may be a really dumb question, but did you set up your own registry so that those sales count?

amy07 said:
this may be a really dumb question, but did you set up your own registry so that those sales count?
You took the words right out of my mouth.

The products in your registery would be purchased by others so they would be commissionable. It would be just like if you did your own cooking or catalog show. At least I think that's how it would work - have never looked into that kind of detail with a registry - hasn't come up with anyone I know...

Just an FYI...when you go inactive you lose your career sales and any consultants under you. I stupidly went inactive by mistake in June. I got confused (not too hard) between the June 30 date to stay active and the July 5th date to submit June shows. I lost over $8k in career sales. I talked with pc and they had me do a retro waver (cost of $25 out of my commission) but I got everything back. I didn't realize that I would lose everything when I went inactive. I just want to make sure that others know what happens when you go inactive.Good luck and God Bless you!
Gina

1. How can I balance my work with Pampered Chef and my other responsibilities?

It can be challenging to balance work with Pampered Chef and other aspects of your life, but there are a few strategies you can try. First, prioritize your tasks and focus on the most important ones first. You can also delegate tasks to others, whether it's asking for help from family members or hiring an assistant. It's also important to set boundaries and make time for self-care to avoid burnout.

2. What if I feel overwhelmed with my workload at Pampered Chef?

If you feel overwhelmed with your workload at Pampered Chef, don't be afraid to reach out for support. Talk to your team leader or other consultants for advice and guidance. You can also take breaks and step away from work when needed to avoid burnout. Remember to prioritize and delegate tasks to help manage your workload.

3. How can I make the most of my limited time to work on my Pampered Chef business?

With a busy schedule, it's important to make the most of your limited time to work on your Pampered Chef business. Schedule specific blocks of time for work and stick to them. Use social media and other online tools to reach a wider audience and save time on traditional marketing methods. Also, focus on tasks that will have the most impact on your business, such as hosting virtual parties or connecting with potential customers.

4. How do I handle any conflicts between my Pampered Chef business and my other commitments?

Conflicts between your Pampered Chef business and other commitments may arise, and it's important to handle them with open communication and flexibility. Prioritize your commitments and communicate your availability with both your Pampered Chef team and other obligations. Remember to be understanding and accommodating to others as well.

5. What resources are available to help me manage my work-life balance as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Pampered Chef offers various resources to help consultants manage their work-life balance. These include training and support from your team leader and other consultants, as well as online tools and resources for managing your business efficiently. Additionally, there are virtual events and conferences that can provide inspiration and guidance for balancing work and life as a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
LI Chick
  • Kathy Phillips
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • riannasmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies