• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I More Efficiently Organize Pampered Chef Hostess Packets?

In summary, Kathy is trying to save time by having everything she needs for her host/guest packets in one oversize binder. This has made assembling packets a breeze.
Kathytnt
I am trying to save time In my packets I usually put 5 catalog Order forms and Host and Guest specials for each catalog. Each catalog I put a label with the host's name and instruction on how to order online

I enclose a host letter with some instructions - For cooking shows I enclose a sheet of labels (30) for the host that have the date, time and location fo the show and the host's phone number

I have been labeling all the invitations - Do you all do that or just throw in a package of invites??

I know on some of the organization classes some people pre-make hostess packets. This would be good to make sure I have plenty of catties - I could just pull them out and label them and put in the labels and specials for the month and the host letter

How do you all save time a get this more streamlined? :confused:

Thanks, Kathy

I :love: Pampered Chef

My host packets are:

Thank you letter
Cooking Show Planner (my own, not from HO)
one copy of guest specials for that month
one copy of host special for that month
3 catalogs (for cooking show, 5 for catty show or more..I ask them)
5 OOF's (for cooking show, 10 for catty show- most tell me they can make copies)

I am now sending out the invites myself, but when my hosts were doing it, I included a pack of invites and one sheet of "show info" stickers that they applied to the invites to save them time/hassle of writing out 40 of those!

I am now giving them the 2 of the guest list forms (from HO) WHEN THEY BOOK. I ask them to return them to me within 3 days. Once I receive that, THEN I mail them their host packet. Not so many cancellations doing it that way...no guest list = no show.

Hope that all makes sense!

Once I get a little more organized in my office I am planning on doing the invites myself.

Do you put a label on your invites with your information??? In addition to the invitation info for the host

Kathytnt said:
Once I get a little more organized in my office I am planning on doing the invites myself.

Do you put a label on your invites with your information??? In addition to the invitation info for the host
No, when I was doing that, I just printed out the stickers that she would paste over the show info section. But, on those stickers at the bottom I would add: "Can't attend? Visit (my website info here) and place an order for Susie's show!"

I guess I need to print in smaller font to fit all that info LOL!

Kathytnt said:
Yea- it was pretty small! I think I would put the date and time on the same line...and some other alterations to get it all to fit! ;)

I print the host info on the PC invitations. Personally, I wouldn't want to have to hand write that info. I figure they won't invite as many people if they have to do that extra step....

When I was using the HO postcard invites, I would put the info stickers on the invites for the host. It was one less thing she needed to do. I also only send the number of postcards the host needed. Now, I make my own invitations & send them out. That way, I know they've gone out & who they've gone to.

I send out the invitations - but I still include 5-10 invitations in my host packet - so the host has some to carry with her/him - to pass out to people they think of later, or for those whose addresses they may not know.

One time, I had a host hand an invitation to a lady she met a couple days before her party - that lady came, booked, and had a $1200 show!

Sometimes I get those invites back - but usually my hosts are appreciative of having a few that they can pass out themselves.

Kelly: would you post your show planner (I don't care for the one from HO)

Kathy: I just recently streamlined how I organize my paperwork and it has helped me tremendously. I now keep everything I need for my host/guest packets (except catalogs) in ONE oversize binder. I have about 10-12 dividers with slanted pockets in which I place my paperwork. Any overflow goes into a drawer. This has made assembling packets a breeze...no more pulling stuff out of different files. I just pull down the binder and pull out the sheets I need. (I even keep my document protectors there).

leggy

Does anyone send the invites for their Host but ONLY use the E-Invitations? Since we can't use the postal system here for invites (Status of Forces Agreement violation), I ask them to use my website but give them postcards to hand out. I've been considering asking for a list and sending the E-Invitations myself because so many wait or don't understand how long the guest list should be (even though I tell them 40). I think I saw ScottCooks flier and he does this but does anyone else?

legacypc46 said:
Kelly: would you post your show planner (I don't care for the one from HO)

leggy
Here you go! This is NOT my creation...just tweaked it to fit me!

Attachments

• Cooking show planner.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Catalog show planner.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 286
One of the time-saving things I do is take one day each month to get host kits made up. I generally make sure I have 10 for cooking shows, 3 for catalog shows, and 2 for wedding showers. So, that one day each month I make up however many I need to get myself "fully stocked."

PamperedChefDebi said:
Does anyone send the invites for their Host but ONLY use the E-Invitations? Since we can't use the postal system here for invites (Status of Forces Agreement violation), I ask them to use my website but give them postcards to hand out. I've been considering asking for a list and sending the E-Invitations myself because so many wait or don't understand how long the guest list should be (even though I tell them 40). I think I saw ScottCooks flier and he does this but does anyone else?

In my experience - the E-Invitations are not reliable enough to use just those. I have noticed that often, they never get opened - meaning that they probably got placed in a junk mail folder, or never even made it past the ISP. When that happens, they get bounced back to PC, so we never know for sure who did and didn't receive the invite.

I just sent out e-invitations to 80 people on Mon. & Tues., and I would say at least half have not been opened yet. I also often have hosts who never receive their info from me when I send it via my website, and have had to resort to sending an accompanying email from my personal account, letting them know to look for it, and giving them their password, in case they don't get the "official" email.

That creates quite a challenge for us since we can't mail them either. I have noticed what you're describing with the E-Invites though.

KellyTheChef said:

Why do you use this instead of the ones from HO? Do you find the end result is better?

Show PlannerFirst, Kelly - LOVE the planner you sent. Sometimes, guests would rather look at one page rather than a four (what the current HO planner is).

Second - LOVE the Big Binder solution for organization and time saving. I think I will do that. I have kept all my stuff in a file box and thought that was pretty organized, but I think the binder will save on time.

For my shows, I have sent out a guest list to the host for them to fill out. One the files list, there is a 50 people in 5 minutes flyer that I use. I then mail out the invites, as I feel like this way I have more control over knowing the invites have been sent out. Lately I have been handwriting the show information on the invites, but think I will switch to labels. Does anyone have a template they'd like to pass on?

On the invites themselves - i put a sticker on from Nancy's "Bring a friend get a gift" one. Also, I have a self inking stamp with all my contact info that I stamp onto the invite (so that I'm not wasting labels) on the bottom portion of the right hand side. If it's an out of town invite, I start the website address and write "place an online order" next to it.

BTW - what a great post to get ideas/tips on!

I have a question on the eInvites ... when it says "opened" that isn't the same as read - I know because I've had a guest that said she saw the invite but was still listed as "No". So, does a "Yes" mean that they have actually clicked on the link to get to the show?

I'm having an online catalog show and have discovered that several people still think that means I'm having a party - have gotten emails telling me sorry, they can't attend! :eek: I so wish they HO would let us customize the ENTIRE message, not just add a note at the end!

chefjill said:
Why do you use this instead of the ones from HO? Do you find the end result is better?

Here is really where I changed it for "me"
0 Fill out and return to me 40 names/addresses for invitations (you keep the yellow copy) - invite them personally now, and then I will mail them an invitation as a reminder.
0 Make a wish list of the products you want to earn!
0 Remember the 5-15-5 rule for a successful show: 5 orders collected before the show, 15 in attendance, 5 orders collected after the show.
0 For outside orders, be sure to complete with full name, address and phone number.
0 Book 3 Cooking Shows and receive your choice of cookbook FREE!
0 Collect 25 orders, receive the Quick Stir Pitcher FREE! (5-15-5 rule gives you 25!)
0 Remind host you booked from: _____________ that they are able to order this month’s host special. (no additional 10% off)
0 Use my website & this password: __________ to email invitations for friends/family to attend, as well as place orders for you! Welcome To My Personal Web Site
0 Call and remind guests 1-2 days before your show- this really boosts attendance!
0 Have ingredients for recipe washed and ready to go when I arrive for your show.
S
Sorry, that didn't cut and paste too well! :grumpy:

It puts everything that I need to talk to the host about on one page. (I have an incentive for them if they get 25 orders or book 3 parties...)
I was showing up with ingredients NOT WASHED or cream cheese not softened..etc.
I want their host password right there so they have NO EXCUSE to not use the website.
I want to go over the 5+15+5 rule (I tell them THIS IS THE KEY TO a $1,000 show and $215 in FREE PRODUCTS!)

It's just too much if I used HO's planner, and then added another sheet to have all of this other information for them. This way, it's short and sweet and to the point!

KellyTheChef said:
It's just too much if I used HO's planner, and then added another sheet to have all of this other information for them. This way, it's short and sweet and to the point!

I TOTALLY agree! This is why I'm working out how I want to change my routine and my paperwork.

Last edited:
Kathytnt said:

If your printer can handle our postcard invites, another option is to find a template (I got mine here I think) to print right on the postcards. I do this to fill in all the host info on the left hand side, add it has added on the bottom (highlighted) "bring a friend and receive a gift" On the right hand side, my consultant contact info is printed in the return address area, and there is info on the bottom, under the recipient address, about how to order online. I take my guest list and type it up for labels (I can type faster, and much neater!, than I can write). That way I also have the labels in a file under the hostess name, and if she rebooks I can just add anyone new and print. HTH!

Lots of good tips here, I am going to try the binder idea for my host kits too--it is just too hard for me to fit all that stuff in my file cabinet and I always have trouble finding the one page I want.

KellyTheChef said:

I forwarded this on to my team, and when 1 of my consultants printed it, she said it was multiple pages..should that happen?

Leigh0725 said:
Lately I have been handwriting the show information on the invites, but think I will switch to labels. Does anyone have a template they'd like to pass on?

Here's what I use.

HTH

Attachments

• show labels.doc
    61 KB · Views: 383
PamperedChefDebi said:
I TOTALLY agree! This is why I'm working out how I want to change my routine and my paperwork.

I agree. I am a person that likes to give out all of the information I can...but have to remind myself that we don't read if it is long...ME included!!!

I fill my host packets exactly like Kelly only I add the recipes and grocery lists for the recipes I am offering at this time. (I do this because with working another job, it helps me and makes a smooth communication with my hosts). My numbers are a bit different for cooking shows. For both catalog and cooking shows, I put 5 catalogs and 10 OOF's in the packet.

I also include a recruiting flyer, but will be changing what I send soon...because I am sending too much again!

And like Rae, I already have my host cooking and catalog packets all set to go. September and October's are done because September is named "hell month" at my job. With the pan special, I may be very burned out at the end of Septembe!:cry: :yuck: :eek:

invite templateHere is an invite template that I recently used to print all the info right on the PC postcards. You have to change it slightly when they change the invites, if you don't have a certain font and if your printer is different (mine's a Dell). It looks really good if you add color to the host's name and the date, but I haven't replaced the color ink cartridge. I often print in draft mode.

Attachments

• BeckyB.doc
    31 KB · Views: 265
chefjill said:
I forwarded this on to my team, and when 1 of my consultants printed it, she said it was multiple pages..should that happen?
The Cooking show planner is one page
The Catalog show planner is two pages....

1. What are some tips for streamlining my Pampered Chef hostess packets?

One tip for streamlining your hostess packets is to use a checklist to ensure you have all the necessary materials included. You can also create a template for your packets to save time and make them more consistent. Additionally, consider using digital resources or sending information via email to cut down on physical materials.

2. How can I save time when preparing my hostess packets?

One way to save time when preparing your hostess packets is to pre-fill as much information as possible. This includes filling out order forms, writing out invitations, and pre-stuffing envelopes. You can also streamline the process by using pre-made materials from Pampered Chef, such as invitations and order forms.

3. How can I make my hostess packets more visually appealing?

To make your hostess packets more visually appealing, consider adding a cover sheet or using colored paper for a pop of color. You can also include pictures of Pampered Chef products or recipes to make the packets more engaging. Using a consistent design or theme throughout the packet can also make it more visually appealing.

4. How can I ensure my hostess packets are organized and easy to navigate?

To ensure your hostess packets are organized and easy to navigate, consider using dividers or tabs to separate different sections. Numbering or labeling each section can also make it easier for the hostess to find what they are looking for. Additionally, including a table of contents can help the hostess navigate the packet quickly.

5. What materials should I include in my hostess packets?

Some materials that are commonly included in hostess packets are order forms, invitations, catalogs, and product information sheets. You may also want to include a hostess rewards chart, a list of available dates for parties, and any special promotions or discounts. Consider including any additional materials that will help the hostess understand the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Serendi
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem