• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Hwc Cake~Need Directions for Oven!

In summary, Kristi is seeking help with baking a strawberry cake in the oven as she has had bad experiences with microwave cakes. She is looking for advice on how long to bake the cake and what the top should look like when done. She also asks for tips on flipping the cake over. Linda suggests using a recipe from HWC documents and checking the cake often to avoid overbaking. There is a discussion about cooking the cake in a rice cooker and a suggestion to bake it in the oven for 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey everyone! I am making the Strawberry cake and have had the WORST LUCK with microwave cakes and don't ever want to make one again. So, does anyone know how long I should bake the cake in the oven? My recruiter thought she had the directions for oven use but she can't seen to find it. Could you guys please help me??

Also~~What should the top look like when it's done and how long should I wait to flip it over?

Thanks in Advance!
Kristi

This is what I have:

Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake
1 strawberry cake mix
(if you can't find strawberry ~Pillsbury and Betty Crocker makes one ~ you can use white, add red food color, not much, like one drop and add an extract tsp of strawberry extract ~~ BUT the strawberry cake mix is prettier but it has pink cake with red speckles, plus you're putting in the white chips~very pretty!)
1 tsp. strawberry extract
½ cup white chocolate chips
1 (3 oz. box) cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
½ cup oil
3 eggs
Garnish: whipped topping and fresh Strawberry fans.

Five Simple steps to success:
1. Spray your pan lightly and dust with flour (works best with Baker's Joy).
2. Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in Classic Batter Bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients, blending well with Mix N' Scraper.
4. Drop batter into Fluted pan and microwave on high 12-14 minutes.
1. (Watch your cake after 10 minutes if you microwave runs hot.) Works best if your have a turntable in your microwave. If not, rotate every 4-5 minutes.
5. Invert cakes immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish (Flour Sugar Shaker filled with powdered sugar, fresh strawberry fans made with your Egg Slicer Plus, fresh mints snipped with your Kitchen Shears) as desired.

Finishing touch directions:
Add powdered sugar using Flour Sugar Shaker.

Then it's time for the fresh strawberries (I do about 6...more if you want)...pull out the Egg Slicer Plus and make strawberry fans...put them at the base of the cake.

Lastly, I get out my washed fresh mint leaves and Kitchen Shears. Snip off a few to lace in between the strawberry fans....it ends up looking pretty darn good!...If you really want to get fancy...use your EAD filled with Cool Whip or a cream cheese mixture...pipe it at the base before you put the strawberry fans and mint leaves.

Kristi,
Everything I have with that recipe is for a microwave cake. That is a great recipe to show as a microwave cake too. Are you really swearing off microwave cakes? :eek: I have HWC documents with recipes on them if you want me to post them. Maybe there would be another pink cake on them you could use. The only other thing I could think of is baking it at a regular cake temp and time and checking it often to make sure it doesn't over bake.

Does anyone know if this cake can be cooked in the Rice Cooker Plus? Also, are there any photos of the cake out there? I'd like to make this my recipe of the month for February, it being Valentines and all.

Thanks in advance, Linda

A cake that cooks for 50-55 minutes in the oven takes about 13 minutes in the microwave so I would guess (and it's a guess mind you) that a cake that takes about 12-14 minutes in the microwave would take about 50-55 minutes in the oven.

Cook it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, test with cake tester and recheck every 5 minutes or so.

Hi Kristi, sorry to hear about your bad experience with microwave cakes! I completely understand your hesitation to try it again. Luckily, I have a delicious and fool-proof recipe for a Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake that can also be made in the oven. Here are the directions for oven use:1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, strawberry extract, white chocolate chips, cheesecake pudding mix, sour cream, oil, and eggs. Mix well with a spoon or spatula.
3. Spray a fluted pan with non-stick cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate.
7. Once the cake is completely cooled, you can garnish it with whipped topping and fresh strawberry fans made with your Egg Slicer Plus.
8. For an extra touch, snip some fresh mint leaves with your Kitchen Shears and place them in between the strawberry fans.
9. Serve and enjoy your delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake!I hope this helps and gives you a successful and stress-free baking experience. Happy cooking!

What are the ingredients needed for Strawberry Hwc Cake?

The ingredients needed for Strawberry Hwc Cake are: 1 box of white cake mix, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 pint of fresh strawberries, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

How do I make the cake batter?

To make the cake batter, follow the instructions on the cake mix box and mix in the heavy whipping cream instead of water. This will make the cake extra moist and rich in flavor.

What is the best way to prepare the strawberries for the cake?

The best way to prepare the strawberries is to wash and dry them thoroughly, then hull and slice them. In a separate bowl, mix the sliced strawberries with sugar and let them sit for about 10 minutes. This will create a delicious strawberry syrup to pour over the cake.

Do I need to grease the cake pan?

Yes, it is recommended to grease the cake pan with either butter or cooking spray to prevent the cake from sticking.

How long do I bake the cake for?

Bake the cake for about 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It is important not to overbake the cake to keep it moist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • etteluap70PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci