• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware vs. Cookie Sheet: A Comparison for Baking Enthusiasts

In summary, stoneware is a natural clay material that distributes heat evenly and can be used in place of a cookie sheet for most baking needs. However, it may result in longer baking times. Cookie sheets, on the other hand, are lighter and more versatile, suitable for crispier textures, and require different care. Stoneware should be seasoned and hand-washed, and cannot be used in the microwave or on the stovetop.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I haven't been able to bring myself to use the cookie sheet yet (such a stoneware diehard). For those who have tried both, what are your thoughts on the cookie sheet as compared to the stoneware?

You know, I really thought I would hate it, but I used it this afternoon to make Oatmeal Scotchie cookies. I wanted to be able to set the time for 12 minutes and pull them out, and with the first batch on a stone, it takes longer...so I used my cookie sheet.

The cookies came out wonderful. A bit crisp around the edges, and chewy in the middle. I thought the metal sheet worked great for them.

I actually prefer the cookie sheets to stoneware for cookies. But for frozen convenience foods, I still prefer the stone.

Hmmm, good to know. Looks like I'll opt to get another one. Thanks Becky and Deb!

I made two batches of cookies the other day--one on the LBP and one on the cookie sheet--the LBP were far superior!

I've tried the cookie sheet and as far as cookie sheets go, these are really nice. But I do prefer my cookies to be done on stoneware. (I was very reluctant to try stoneware for cookies. But after several attempts, I came to just love it!) It does add a couple minutes to the first batch, but I don't mind too much. It's worth it to get very evenly cooked cookies. Cooking them on the metal cookie sheets seems to make the edges darker and crisper than the middles, and I prefer a soft, chewy cookie. :)

1) What is the difference between using stoneware and a cookie sheet?

Stoneware is made from natural clay and is designed to distribute heat evenly, resulting in more evenly cooked food. A cookie sheet, on the other hand, is typically made from metal and can cause uneven heating and browning.

2) Can I use stoneware in place of a cookie sheet?

Yes, stoneware can be used in place of a cookie sheet for most baking needs. However, it is important to note that stoneware may result in longer baking times due to its ability to retain heat.

3) Are there any benefits to using a cookie sheet instead of stoneware?

Cookie sheets are typically lighter and more versatile than stoneware, making them easier to handle and store. They are also suitable for baking foods that require a crispier texture, such as cookies and pastries.

4) How do I properly care for stoneware?

Stoneware should be seasoned before its first use and then washed with warm water and a mild soap after each use. It is important to avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials when cleaning stoneware to prevent damage to the surface.

5) Can stoneware be used in the microwave or on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use in the microwave or on the stovetop. It is designed for use in the oven only and should not be used on direct heat sources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • kcjodih