• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Metal Cookie Sheet Vs. Stoneware

In summary, a metal cookie sheet is made of aluminum or stainless steel with a flat, smooth surface while stoneware is made of clay and has a more porous surface. Both can be used for baking cookies, with metal sheets producing crisper cookies and stoneware resulting in softer, chewier cookies. It is recommended to lightly grease a metal cookie sheet before baking, but stoneware is naturally non-stick. Baking times and results may vary slightly between the two. To clean and care for stoneware, hot water and a scraper should be used instead of soap or a dishwasher. It is also recommended to season stoneware with a small amount of vegetable oil before the first use.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
I'm interested in everyone's opinion regarding the metal cookie sheets vs. stoneware. I'm baking dog treats & need them to be dry as possible, but not burnt. Which product will pull out the moisture best but not let them burn?

Do you have them to do a sample comparison? I love the stoneware, but don't like dry cookies, so...maybe you do want metal cookie sheets? I'm not sure...

I would probably say stoneware. The stoneware cooks evenly, whereas the metal is going to give you a crisp bottom. I am not an expert, but I would go with even, over partially crunchy.

What is the difference between a metal cookie sheet and stoneware?

A metal cookie sheet is typically made of aluminum or stainless steel and has a flat, smooth surface. Stoneware is made of clay and has a more porous surface.

Which one is better for baking cookies?

It ultimately depends on personal preference. Metal cookie sheets tend to produce crisper cookies, while stoneware can result in softer, chewier cookies.

Do I need to grease a metal cookie sheet or stoneware before baking cookies?

It is recommended to lightly grease a metal cookie sheet before baking to prevent sticking. Stoneware is naturally non-stick and does not need to be greased.

Can I use a metal cookie sheet and stoneware interchangeably?

Yes, both can be used for baking cookies. However, keep in mind that baking times and results may vary slightly between the two.

How do I clean and care for stoneware?

Stoneware should not be washed with soap or placed in the dishwasher. Instead, use hot water and a scraper to remove any residue. To season stoneware, rub a small amount of vegetable oil onto the surface before the first use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pamperedinvegas