• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stoneware Be Used in a Convection Oven Without Altering Cooking Times?

In summary, using stoneware in a convection oven does not require any changes to the recipe, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted. To ensure even cooking, preheat the oven, adjust the cooking time, use a thermometer, lower the temperature, rotate the stoneware, and use stoneware specifically designed for convection ovens. Overall, stoneware in a convection oven allows for even and quick cooking.
Molly Jo
Gold Member
I had two customers ask me at my show today about using stoneware pieces in their convection ovens. Do they need to make any changes to the recipe and cook time? How do they figure the time because things cook faster in a convection, but will the stoneware prevent it from cooking as fast? Any info anyone has would be very helpful!

I use my stoneware in my convection oven all of the time. Even though it has been said that convection ovens cooks faster, I believe the cooking time is not much different than from a regular oven. Convection just means that the oven has a fan that disperses the hot air all over the oven, giving you more even cooking.

Using stoneware in a convection oven should not require any changes to the recipe. However, the cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly. Here are some tips for using stoneware in a convection oven:1. Preheat the oven: Make sure to preheat your convection oven before placing the stoneware in it. This will ensure the stoneware is heated evenly and will help with the cooking process.2. Adjust the cooking time: Convection ovens cook food faster than traditional ovens, so you may need to adjust the cooking time. As a general rule, reduce the cooking time by 25% when using a convection oven. For example, if a recipe calls for 30 minutes in a traditional oven, cook it for 22-23 minutes in a convection oven.3. Use a thermometer: To ensure that the food is cooked to the correct temperature, use an oven thermometer to check the internal temperature of the food. This will help you avoid overcooking or undercooking the food.4. Use a lower temperature: Convection ovens circulate hot air, so they tend to cook food at a lower temperature than traditional ovens. You may need to reduce the temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit when using a convection oven.5. Rotate the stoneware: To ensure even cooking, rotate the stoneware halfway through the cooking time.6. Use the right type of stoneware: Make sure to use stoneware that is specifically designed for use in a convection oven. Regular stoneware may not be able to withstand the high heat and may crack or break.Overall, using stoneware in a convection oven is a great way to cook food evenly and quickly. Just remember to make some adjustments to the cooking time and temperature, and you should have delicious results.

1. Can I use stoneware in a convection oven?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in a convection oven. It is designed to withstand high temperatures and can distribute heat evenly for optimal cooking results.

2. Do I need to preheat my stoneware before using it in a convection oven?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your stoneware in a convection oven for 5-10 minutes before placing food on it. This will ensure that the stoneware is evenly heated and will prevent any potential cracking.

3. Can I use stoneware on the broil setting in a convection oven?

No, stoneware should not be used on the broil setting in a convection oven. The high temperatures and direct heat can cause the stoneware to crack or break.

4. How do I clean stoneware after using it in a convection oven?

Stoneware can be cleaned with warm water and mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers, as they can damage the stoneware's surface. It is also important to let the stoneware cool down before cleaning it.

5. Can stoneware be used in a convection microwave oven?

No, stoneware is not recommended for use in a convection microwave oven. The high temperatures and direct heat can cause the stoneware to crack or break. It is best to use stoneware in a traditional convection oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • mrshamel3808