• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Fluted Pan Is Cracking?!

In summary, there are a few potential causes of cracking in stoneware fluted pans: rapid temperature changes, dropping or hitting the pan, placing it on a hot stovetop, and using metal utensils on the pan. It is not recommended to use a cracked stoneware fluted pan, as it can compromise the integrity of the pan and lead to further damage. To prevent cracking, proper care and handling of the pan is necessary. The stoneware fluted pan is covered under a limited lifetime warranty, and it is not possible to repair a cracked pan.
myinnerchef
Gold Member
The other day I was using my fluted pan and noticed a small crack at the rim. It was such a small hairline crack that I wasn't sure if it was a crack at all... and then when I was cleaning it I noticed three more. The pan is less than a year old, and I rarely use it.

What could cause this?

Is it still safe to use?

I would recomend doing an exchange. It may really break when you use it. Sometimes those hairline cracks with pop when the air inside expands. (that's what happens when it is heated) HO should exchange it for you no problem.

I had the rectangle baker that had 1 hairline crack that extended to 3 and it finally broke. You don't want to have that in your food. Exchange it while it's still under warrantee.

What causes the stoneware fluted pan to crack?

There are a few potential causes of cracking in stoneware fluted pans. It could be due to rapid temperature changes, dropping or hitting the pan, or placing it on a hot stovetop. It could also be a result of using metal utensils on the pan, as this can cause scratches that weaken the stoneware.

Can I still use my stoneware fluted pan if it has cracks?

No, we do not recommend using a cracked stoneware fluted pan. Cracks can compromise the integrity of the pan and lead to further damage or even breakage during use. We suggest replacing the pan if it has cracks.

How can I prevent my stoneware fluted pan from cracking?

To prevent cracking, it is important to properly care for your stoneware fluted pan. Avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing a hot pan in cold water, and always allow the pan to cool before cleaning. Also, be gentle when handling the pan and avoid using metal utensils on it.

Is the stoneware fluted pan covered under warranty for cracking?

Yes, our stoneware fluted pan comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If your pan cracks due to normal use, please contact our customer service team for a replacement or refund.

Can I repair a cracked stoneware fluted pan?

No, unfortunately it is not possible to repair a cracked stoneware fluted pan. It is best to replace the pan to ensure safe and effective use in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • Sarah102486