• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Cook with a Cooking Bag on Stoneware?

In summary, stoneware is a type of cookware made from fired natural clay that is durable and non-porous. It distributes heat evenly and retains heat for longer periods of time, making it ideal for cooking. It can be used in the microwave, but not on direct heat sources like stovetops or grills. To season stoneware, rub vegetable oil on the cooking surface and bake it for an hour. Cooking bags can also be used with stoneware to keep food moist and prevent messes in the oven.
chef.katie
Can you use a cooking bag with a piece of stoneware? Example: Could you cook a turkey in a cooking bag in your 9x13 baker? I know that we should use the new covered baker but I don't have that yet.

I have baked a roast in a cooking bag using the Rectangle Baker with no problems. The only thing you would need to worry about is the top rack in your oven. As long as you have the top rack removed you shouldn't have any problems.

I made some seasoned chicken in a bag in my baker too without problems. Have fun and enjoy!

1. What is stoneware and how does it differ from other types of cookware?

Stoneware is made from natural clay that is fired at high temperatures, resulting in a durable and non-porous material that is ideal for cooking. It differs from other types of cookware, such as metal or glass, because it distributes heat evenly and retains heat for longer periods of time.

2. Can stoneware be used in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave, as long as it does not have any metal components or decorations. It is great for reheating food or cooking dishes that require even heating.

3. How do I season my stoneware before using it?

To season your stoneware, simply rub a small amount of vegetable oil on the cooking surface and bake it in the oven for about an hour. This will help create a natural non-stick surface and enhance the flavor of your food.

4. Can stoneware be used on the stovetop or grill?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use on direct heat sources such as stovetops or grills. It is recommended to only use stoneware in the oven or microwave, as direct heat can cause the material to crack or break.

5. What are cooking bags and how do I use them with my stoneware?

Cooking bags are specially designed bags made from heat-resistant materials that are used to cook food in the oven. To use them with stoneware, simply place the stoneware dish inside the cooking bag and follow the cooking instructions for the specific recipe. This helps to keep the food moist and prevents any mess or spills in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Christ Follower