• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Success: Director Advice for Consultants in Step-Up Program

In summary, the materials are similar to what is already out there, but there are new scripts and graphics included. There is an optional training called "Promoting Leaders Pronto" that directors can attend.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
What advice are they giving directors about helping consultants with this program?

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems finding the supporting materials that they want you to print and put in a binder?

Yep. Maybe they haven't posted it yet.

I found the materials.... WHen you click on the Step Up on CC, there is a gray box at the bottom that says "Participants" Click on that, they downloads are there.

Krista Burson said:
I found the materials.... WHen you click on the Step Up on CC, there is a gray box at the bottom that says "Participants" Click on that, they downloads are there.

Thank you.

For any experienced cheffers - is it always the same training or points that they preach over and over?

I'm signed up for this new training but as I just printed the materials I feel like its everything they harped at NC and that you read about in every mailing/cc etc. I'm only with PC going on 3 months and I feel like I have heard the same jazz over and over and over and over again... I'm just wondering if I need to prepare myself for the years to come of same msg over and over. Key example: List of 100 is the first exercise...maybe its b/c I am new that I have already heard about that a zillion times or the same scripts for calling people that you can virtually find on cc or the trainings online. I know there is no need to reinvent the wheel but once in a while I would hope for HO to get excited over something new, and not something that isn't new but now has new graphics and a new title. Just my opinion. (note: no tone in this msg - perhaps I'm just thinking aloud)

They had an optional training at conference called "Promoting Leaders Pronto" to give us an introduction to it. We are seeing the materials for the first time too.

And yes, some of the materials are taken from current training modules that are out there.

This program is geared for new and seasoned consultants. There is (was) a program called "Step Up to Director"(SUTD). Well, that was a big leap for some and not too many would committ to doing the program with their director. What this program does is it combines some new consultant training and the old SUTD.

It gives consultants a good balance of not just selling and booking but recruiting. Much more of a balance than in the past. I have found that the earlier a consultant becomes comfortable with talking about the business, the more her business seems to grow into a team.

Also, from what I remember from conference, there are some interactive things you need to do online to "progress" in the program.

So yes it is some of the same and no it is a little different! Confused? I know I still am and look forward to more training on this soon! Upper level directors (advanced and up) will have an phone training on August 26th. Not all of the material is up yet under the "leadership" button.

Thanks Ann. Actually I did follow what you said. I hate to form an opinion ahead of time but it's hard not to. I just feel in 2 completed months and 1 conference under my belt that I keep hearing the same things over and over that its now like a broken record to me. I'm sure it's just me. :D

Where is the information posted to print off on our websites??
My director asked me if I wanted to do this a few months ago, but I haven't heard anything more.

Thanks!
Kelly V.

KellyRedHead said:
Where is the information posted to print off on our websites??
My director asked me if I wanted to do this a few months ago, but I haven't heard anything more.Thanks!
Kelly V.
It's front and center on the main page of CC...under the Consultant and Leadership Training section. Just found that if you click on the "Participant" button on the bottom- you get the downloads for each session.I have to say, looking through them initially for the first session...there seems to be some good stuff! I like the scripts/word choices they have in there...and they even have what to say if you get voicemail! :D I'm excited...I need the challenge!! Even if there is alot of things repeated from past training, I think we need it repeated! PC has been around for 30 years..>I think they know what works. :) Now, if I was doing every-single thing and it still wasn't working, then maybe I'd have a case to complain a bit...but you know what, if I'm honest with myself, I would know that I am NOT doing all I should for my business. (I'm the same with my weightloss.....There is no magic cure..the weight doesn't just melt off as easily as it came on! I have to do alot of things to make it happen, and groups like Weightwatchers didn't make up a program and suggestions because they like how they sound- they WORK, but only if I put them to work for me!) I'm talking to myself as much as anyone else! I know what I have to do, I just need to do it.:)

Last edited:
Melissa78 said:
Thanks Ann. Actually I did follow what you said. I hate to form an opinion ahead of time but it's hard not to. I just feel in 2 completed months and 1 conference under my belt that I keep hearing the same things over and over that its now like a broken record to me. I'm sure it's just me. :D

HO has really embraced a "return to basics" approach in the past couple of years. Previously there were a lot of different ideas floating around, some from HO, some from consultants - and many were complicated, "reinvent the wheel" type things. HO refocused on the basics. So while you may have heard it all already, some people don't "get it" until they hear things several times, or reworded.

chefann said:
HO has really embraced a "return to basics" approach in the past couple of years. Previously there were a lot of different ideas floating around, some from HO, some from consultants - and many were complicated, "reinvent the wheel" type things. HO refocused on the basics. So while you may have heard it all already, some people don't "get it" until they hear things several times, or reworded.

Understandible and I do think we all learn the hard way (when we start to or do fail then the lightbulb comes on). I think I just have to readjust my expectations and find a way to be ok with more cookie cutter basic fundamental trainings. I'm a nerd at heart and love to be challenged intellectually. I've now listened to about 21 cds (repeatedly) from my director, have completed all of the online trainings (even product trainings) and just thirst for more (new) knowledge.

Knowledge is power. When we have power (knowledge), we have control...the power to control our future and the choice to succeed or fail.

Thanks all for your input!

Melissa78 said:
Understandible and I do think we all learn the hard way (when we start to or do fail then the lightbulb comes on). I think I just have to readjust my expectations and find a way to be ok with more cookie cutter basic fundamental trainings. I'm a nerd at heart and love to be challenged intellectually. I've now listened to about 21 cds (repeatedly) from my director, have completed all of the online trainings (even product trainings) and just thirst for more (new) knowledge.

Knowledge is power. When we have power (knowledge), we have control...the power to control our future and the choice to succeed or fail.

Thanks all for your input!

Melissa- I totally agree with you, but I guess the way I look at it is the basics are what works. But the knowledge that gives you power is knowledge of your customers, knowledge of their wants and needs, and what works for them. Getting to know your customers is so huge in this biz, and if I can master the steps that PC has handed me to run my biz then I would see what else I can do to get more in touch with my customers, my community, etc. and grow my business that way!

Just another perspective! ;)

What is the Step Up Business Program?

The Step Up Business Program is a comprehensive training and support program offered by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is designed to help consultants grow their business and achieve their goals through a combination of online training, coaching, and resources.

How do I enroll in the Step Up Business Program?

To enroll in the Step Up Business Program, you must be a current Pampered Chef consultant. Once you are a consultant, you can log into your consultant account on our website and click on the "Step Up Business Program" tab to sign up for the program.

Is there a cost to participate in the Step Up Business Program?

There is no additional cost to participate in the Step Up Business Program. It is included as part of your consultant membership with Pampered Chef.

What kind of training and resources are included in the Step Up Business Program?

The Step Up Business Program includes access to online training modules, monthly coaching calls, and a variety of resources such as marketing materials, business templates, and goal-setting worksheets. These resources are designed to help you improve your sales, customer service, and team-building skills.

How long does the Step Up Business Program last?

The Step Up Business Program is an ongoing program and has no set end date. You can continue to participate in the program for as long as you are a Pampered Chef consultant and find value in the training and resources provided.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AshleyAllison