• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mandoline Troubles: Orange Carrot Stains Not Coming Off

In summary, to remove stubborn orange carrot stains from your mandoline, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste and apply it to the stained areas. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then gently scrub with a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals, such as bleach or ammonia, to prevent damage to the mandoline. It is important to clean the mandoline after each use and using a cooking spray or oil can help prevent stains. Additionally, scrubbing the carrots before slicing can also help prevent staining.
Tams
Gold Member
Ok, I have to start by saying that I am not too fond of my mandoline, but have been trying to use it at home to get more comfortable so hopefully I can use it at shows. However, it is getting orange carrot stains on it and while most of the orange color comes off, there is still a noticeable stain. I am a fairly new consultant (Nov. 2010), so I have only used this product 4-5 times. Is this normal or should I contact PC?

Thanks!

I found that carrots stain a lot of things and I don't know how you can avoid it. After a run mine throught the dishwasher, the stains go away. For me, I just tell them that carrots may stain it.

HTH,
Sandi

magic eraser will get the carrot stains off.

I have always been told to rub vegetable oil on the carrot stains and that gets rid of it.

kristina16marie said:
magic eraser will get the carrot stains off.

I just love those magic erasers. I never thought about using them on the mandoline. I will have to try that.. Thanks

I had the same problem. I added a little water to baking soda. I didn't think it did a good job, but when I got it out at my show, I couldn't see the stains. I called the HO on it before I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, the lady suggested trying bleach water. Hope some of these ideas work for you!!

1. How do I remove stubborn orange carrot stains from my mandoline?

To remove orange carrot stains from your mandoline, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained areas and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub the stains away. Rinse the mandoline with warm water and dry with a clean towel.

2. Why are orange carrot stains so difficult to remove from a mandoline?

Orange carrots contain a natural pigment called beta-carotene, which is responsible for their vibrant color. This pigment can easily transfer onto plastic or metal surfaces, causing stubborn stains. Additionally, the sharp blades and crevices of a mandoline can make it challenging to completely remove the stains.

3. Can I use harsh chemicals to remove orange carrot stains from my mandoline?

We do not recommend using harsh chemicals, such as bleach or ammonia, to remove stains from your mandoline. These chemicals can damage the plastic or metal surface of the mandoline and potentially leave harmful residue behind. Stick to natural cleaning methods, such as baking soda, to avoid any potential damage.

4. How often should I clean my mandoline to prevent orange carrot stains?

It is important to clean your mandoline after each use to prevent stains from setting in. Rinse the mandoline with warm water and use a soft sponge or cloth to remove any food residue. If stains are present, use the baking soda paste method mentioned above to remove them.

5. Are there any other tips for preventing orange carrot stains on my mandoline?

To prevent stains, you can also try using a cooking spray or rubbing a small amount of oil onto the blades of your mandoline before use. This can create a barrier between the carrot pigment and the mandoline, making it easier to clean afterwards. Additionally, using a vegetable brush to scrub the carrots before slicing can help remove excess pigment and prevent staining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies