• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Perfect Bacon & Gourmet Veggies with These Tips!

In summary, the conversation covered various tips and tricks for cooking and storing different types of food. These included baking bacon on a bar pan, juicing lemons with a citrus press, using our Easy Accent Decorating Set for deviled eggs, and storing tomatoes and celery using specific methods and tools from Pampered Chef. The conversation also mentioned avoiding metal bowls when mixing salads and slicing citrus fruits lengthwise for more juice.
DebPC
Staff member
If you love bacon, but hate the splattered mess, try baking it on your bar pan! 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes will give you the best bacon you have ever tasted! This is how restaurants do it!
Room temperature lemons will yield more juice. Also, if you roll them on the counter or microwave them for 10 seconds, that will also get the juices flowing. Then use our fabulous Citrus Press which has a built in strainer for catching all those seeds.Turn a carton of eggs sideways in the refrigerator the night before you make deviled eggs and the yolks will be in the middle! Our Easy Accent Decorating Set is perfect for filling your eggs. They look so fancy and it’s so easy! Storing tomatoes with the stem side pointed down will help the tomato stay fresher longer. Then use our Tomato Knife or Ultimate Mandoline to slice them quick!Wrap celery in aluminum foil ~ it will keep longer! Then use our Crinkle Cutter to cut fancy spears for your veggie platter.

Buy mushrooms before they "open." When stems and caps are attached
snugly, mushrooms are truly fresh.* Lettuce keeps better if you store in refrigerator without washing
first so that the leaves are dry. Wash the day you are going to use.* Do not use metal bowls when mixing salads.
Use wooden, glass or china.

Also, with citrus fruits, you'll get about 3 times as much juice if you slice it lengthwise instead of across. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true!

Thanks Teri! I never knew that!

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I couldn't agree more with your tips for cooking with bacon and lemons. Baking bacon on our bar pan is a game changer and I love using our citrus press for juicing lemons without any pesky seeds. And for deviled eggs, our Easy Accent Decorating Set definitely adds a fancy touch without any extra effort. Thanks for sharing these great tips! I also wanted to add that storing tomatoes stem side down is a great way to keep them fresh, and our Tomato Knife and Ultimate Mandoline make slicing them a breeze. And who knew wrapping celery in foil could help it last longer? Our Crinkle Cutter is perfect for creating those fancy veggie spears. Thanks for sharing these helpful tips! Happy cooking!

What is the best way to cook bacon in the oven?

The best way to cook bacon in the oven is to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the bacon strips on the foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on desired crispiness. Drain excess grease and enjoy crispy, evenly cooked bacon!

How do I prevent bacon from sticking to the pan?

To prevent bacon from sticking to the pan, make sure to line the pan with foil or parchment paper. You can also use a wire rack on top of the pan to elevate the bacon and allow the grease to drip down, preventing sticking.

What are some creative ways to use bacon in recipes?

Bacon can be used in a variety of creative ways in recipes. Some ideas include adding it to salads, wrapping it around chicken or asparagus for a flavorful twist, or using it as a topping for pizza or burgers.

What are some tips for cooking vegetables to perfection?

To cook vegetables to perfection, make sure to choose firm, fresh veggies and cut them into uniform sizes for even cooking. You can also use a mix of olive oil, salt, and pepper to enhance the flavor. For a gourmet touch, try roasting vegetables in the oven or grilling them with bacon for added flavor.

Can I cook bacon and vegetables together?

Yes, you can cook bacon and vegetables together for a delicious and easy meal. Simply place the bacon on top of the vegetables and cook in the oven or on the grill. The bacon grease will add flavor to the vegetables and create a tasty one-pan dish!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefPaulaB