• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snow Woes: Has Home Office Extended Promos?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a consultant's disappointment with cancelled shows and rescheduled parties due to snowstorms in the Northeast. They also discussed ways to promote and sell Stoneware, which is on sale in February and will have a price increase in March. The consultant suggested sending out emails and doing a "Snow-Day" sale to boost sales. They also mentioned a special offer for new consultants to join their team.
mandy412
So I was psyched to get the HWC products because I had a cooking show tonight and a catalog show to closer prior to the 15th. Well living in the effing snow belt has wrecked havoc on my perfect little plan. My show as cancelled tonight and isn't rescheduling until March. Has home office ever extended promos? Just thinking since the majority of the Northeast is snowed in there are probably tons of consultants in the same boat.

My party for Sat just rescheduled bc of the snow. I feel your pain. I have a handful of outside orders I would have added to her party, but I think I'll make up a catalog show for myself and make up the difference. I really want those HWC samples! :)

JennLizFran said:
My party for Sat just rescheduled bc of the snow. I feel your pain. I have a handful of outside orders I would have added to her party, but I think I'll make up a catalog show for myself and make up the difference. I really want those HWC samples! :)

I'm a big pink freak and the martini glasses and the pink knife are calling my name! :)

Nope...they haven't, and likely won't. Sorry.But that doesn't mean you can't send out an email or something about Stoneware. It's on sale this month- and the prices are going up about 10% NEXT Month. Make some phone calls, send out an email (either newsletter-type, or even a Catalog-Show evite!), letting them know. If they are local to you, they can save more money by ordering under your show and getting discounted shipping! Or Do a "Snow-Day" sale.Here's one I just got (I can't post how pretty it looked...but it can give you wording). In her example below she doesn't mention specifics about price increase but we KNOW all stoneware is going up except the DCB:
Hello Everyone ,
Since my school is closed today which never happens!, I am running a special SNOW DAY sale!
Everyone who places an order today with me on the phone or email will receive a 10% discount on their product purchase!
Browse the products on my website:
"Welcome To My Personal Web Site" (you'd have your website name here)PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL ORDER TO ME...xxx-xxx-xxxx or myname @yourmail.com so I can give you the discount.

If e-mailing, make sure to provide your NAME, PHONE NUMBER, ITEM NUMBER AND PRICE so I can total and call you back!
If by phone ...if answering machine picks up, please leave your full name and number and I'll call right back!IT'S A 10-10-10!
Deadline for order placement is this evening, Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 10:00PM so hurry and place your order today to receive your 10% discount.

These stoneware are on sale in the month of February...already marked 20% off by The Pampered Chef. And with this special offer, you'll now be able to purchase them at an additional 10% off! The list of special 20% off stoneware pieces are below:
Item # Product Name Price
#GU01 Rectangular Baker $30.40
#GU02 12-Cup Muffin Pan $27.60
#GU03 Mini Loaf Pan $26.40
#GU04 Large Bar Pan $24.80
#GU05 Large Round Stone with Handles $23.60
#GU06 Stoneware Fluted Pan $23.20
#GU07 Rectangle Stone $21.20
#GU08 Medium Bar Pan $18.40
#GU09 Stoneware Loaf Pan $17.20
#GU10 Medium Round Stone with Handles $17.20
#GU11 Small Bar Pan $12.80

Don't forget the NEW catalog will be coming out in March, and several product prices will increase so...Don't take a chance and missing out on a piece you have always wanted at the lowest price possible. Any NEW shows booked today for March or April will receive a special Thank You gift when their show is held.

Need extra cash to pay off your holiday credit card bills, your upcoming wedding, paying off a credit card or just for those rainy days. Join my team for $155 and get a 1/2 price rebate once you qualify in your first 30 days. Offer good till February 28, 2010.
Contact me today to start your own business.

Contact me right away to get your order in, and enjoy your SNOW Day.
Thanks!
Your Name, Ind. Sales Director
CALL OR E-MAIL UNTIL 10PM THIS EVENING!
Phone:xxx-xxx-xxxx
Email Address: yourname @yourmail.com

Need extra cash for the holidays, your upcoming wedding, paying off a credit card or just for those rainy days.
Join my team for $155 and get a 1/2 price rebate once you qualify in your first 30 days. Offer good till February 28, 2010.
Contact me today to start your own business.
Maybe you could make your's a Sweetheart Deadline- order by 2/14 or by 2/15 at noon. Then you can submit what you've got.

Yeah, I agree! They are too cute! And my mom and aunt were recently diagnosed with breast cancer, so I really want the items to show for fundraisers in May. I figure if I have to come up with $50 or so in orders on my own it is well worth it!

Great idea! I'm sending out my e-mail now! :)

Offer 30% off the unglazed stoneware (10% out of pocket) - if you can afford to do it! There are a LOT of people who will stop & buy right now for a deal that they can't get tomorrow!!! If you get to $150, you can submit your own catalog show and have show #2 for the month AND double points! My recruit followed my suggestion at a booth the other day & took about $250 in orders! She took a total of 5 orders and because they bought other stuff too, she ended up paying $1-$4 out of pocket for EACH order form. She said that was much cheaper than she was expecting!!!

Oh- just don't forget to change the "school is closed today" to whatever you want- like "My show was rescheduled tonight..." or "Because we're Snowed in tonight.." - unless School WAS canceled and that works for you. :)

I just got an email from HO about how to deal with weather issues like this, so check your inbox!

I believe they will if and only if there is a state of emergency declared for your area. That is what happened to us when we lost powers for two weeks in December 2009 due to ice storm. There is a form or something you need to fill out I can't remember. But I would call HO in the morning if there is a state of emergency declared and find out before giving up. Basically what happens is they make it the next month for consultant incentives. Ours was during the SAT.

My Feb schedule is not what it should be at all and I want those pink items too. I've printed out my stoneware history and am calling EVERYONE! I have had to leave messages, send emails following my messages and am NOT going to stop. I'm at $104 so far on my first $150. I've thrown out every idea possible to people to do a quick online/catalog show. I sent out a catalog to a lady today who doesn't like to go online but LOVES our stones. She'll have it tomorrow and I'll be following up with her. It's really all about getting on the phone and doing customer care. I had one lady today when I said who I was and if it was a good time she said "what's this all about?" VERY suspiciously. I simply told her I was checking in to make sure all her products were performing well and to see if she may have any that needed adjustments made due to breakage ect. She said "wow!" and relaxed. I then mentioned the stoneware sale and just asked her to mention it to anyone if the occasion arose to do so. I didn't want her to feel at all pressured or anything. She pleasantly said she would and that she didn't need any herself right now and so I told her I hoped she had a really super day. It was fun surprising her with service instead of sales and to still throw in the sales anyway! I don't LOVE getting on the phone but it's the only way it's going to happen for me and cha ching... it's commission and double points and I pray... PINK ITEMS!

I was in the same boat also, I had a few cancellations at the beginning of the month and I have 2 shows this weekend, but didn't think that would give me time to close. So, since I was disappointed that the glazed stoneware wasn't part of the promotion, I did 20% off all glazed and unglazed stoneware. I hoped that I would have enough to get to $150, the give away the hostess special. Wow, I got over $500 in sales in the first hour after my email, and sold 5 DCB's. I know that I am paying out of pocket for them, but with commissions, HWC promo and double points, I feel that I am way ahead.

I was really toying with making ALL the stones 20%...now I'm thinking I should. It doesn't cost me anything...It's an even trade! I get free stuff and points, and hopefully some contacts/customer care follow-up later to lead to more business (fingers crossed).....and I jsut trade my commission for it and make $0. I can do break-even!Ok- I'm going to go put my email together. (What did you send out by the way?)

I sent out an email offering 20% off ANY order, but have not gotten one bite. Very disappointing. I would trade my commission for HWC stuff...especially for not a lot of work. I will have to try to get on the phone. It doesn't seem like many people get/open my emails, according to icontact. It's frustrating!

Fluffy215 said:
I believe they will if and only if there is a state of emergency declared for your area. That is what happened to us when we lost powers for two weeks in December 2009 due to ice storm. There is a form or something you need to fill out I can't remember. But I would call HO in the morning if there is a state of emergency declared and find out before giving up. Basically what happens is they make it the next month for consultant incentives. Ours was during the SAT.

Yes, this happened to us with the flooding (last year?).

Sorry, PC doesn't change policies. You still have time to gather orders! It CAN be done!

Newbie question - When y'all do discounts above what corporate offers how do you process that in P3?

mandy412 said:
Newbie question - When y'all do discounts above what corporate offers how do you process that in P3?

Add whatever you're paying in as a "Consultant Gift" as a payment on that persons order. You can have multiple forms of payment for each order.

Update for those that care! I hustled my way into getting another party so I qualify for the products. So excited! Thanks for all the encouragement.

Geez! How the heck is that happening around me??? I sent out a special as I need to get the catty party to close by the 15th but we are sitting, stuck at $90! I can't afford to place an order and no one wants to even bite on 10% off anything! Did I go to low on the discount or is this just the way it is going to be? The other issue is that I won't be able to afford the HWC stuff otherwise so, if I can't do this, I am well SOL! And it is really hard to do $4000 plus fundraisers without being able to show the products! Any thoughts?

You will be able to order them individually at 50% off. Maybe you can just order a few things, and take your other dots glasses to show them, your green knife instead of the pink one, the twixits in Cranberry/white. You can give verbal pictures for them. I gave 20% off all stoneware and drawing for the hostess special. I got about $500 in orders in 2 hours. Tell everyone why they can't live w/o the DCB!!!

cookn' katie said:
You will be able to order them individually at 50% off.

We do not get to purchase HWC products at 50% off. Generally, we can order the guest items for $1 less. We are not able to purchase the host items at a discount.

DebbieJ said:
We do not get to purchase HWC products at 50% off. Generally, we can order the guest items for $1 less. We are not able to purchase the host items at a discount.

I swear I have ordered them at 50% off before. Although that was a few yrs ago

I know what you mean John. I offered 20% off on ALL stones- even the DCB...NO ONE has taken me up on it. I even told them the prices are going UP next month, so if you want stones, this is the month!

i wonder if sometimes I'm coming across as "desperate".

DebbieJ said:

I really think that I have been able to order them at half off before, I think they were on the supply order form. I could be wrong, but I really think my first year, I joined in April and ordered them. Maybe things have changed.

Jennie4PC said:
I swear I have ordered them at 50% off before. Although that was a few yrs ago
cookn' katie said:
I really think that I have been able to order them at half off before, I think they were on the supply order form. I could be wrong, but I really think my first year, I joined in April and ordered them. Maybe things have changed.
I remember this vividly because I had to buy them last year for the first time ever (didn't earn them). They were not 50% off.We get to order them on supply at a discount in April or so, but it was nowhere near 50% off.

cookn' katie said:
When I first started, I was able to buy them for 50% off too...but a couple years ago they changed it. :( I think last year, we got $1 off each item, and $1 donated to the HWC campaign when we ordered them.

well thats a bummer. This is the 1st time in a long time I havent earned the incentives. I am picking up again though.

I pulled off a catalog show last minute....only $171 in comm sales but it earned me the HWC items! So excited and really revved up about my business this year! :)

Congrats to all who earned the HWC! Looks like this incentive really motivated many of us. My team has hustled to get their 2 shows in by tomorrow, and I'm LOVING it. It's great to see some of that red turning green...and not wondering til the last day!

Quick question: Does a $1 from each pink product earned get donated to The American Cancer Society?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Quick question: Does a $1 from each pink product earned get donated to The American Cancer Society?

yes, the money goes to the American Cancer society.
and in regard to being able to sell w/o the products, do you carry everything that you sell at every party? no, of course not. If you did not earn the HWC products, don't panic! Bring a flier with the picture of all the new HWC products. Or purchase the one or two products that you really want and show them. If you know someone who already owns the green tomato knife, see if you could borrow theirs for your shows - the only difference is the color. Same with the martini glasses.

good luck!

Not trying to be a pain.....just want to be absolutely sure before I tell the team...

Even if we didn't buy our earned Pink products...$1 is still donated?

Thanks for your patience!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Not trying to be a pain.....just want to be absolutely sure before I tell the team...

Even if we didn't buy our earned Pink products...$1 is still donated?

Thanks for your patience!

Laurie - I know in the past that has been the case, but I don't see anything in any of the HWC flyers for this year that say that.

I think YOU :)D) should call HO and find out for sure for all of us! :D:D:D

I'm not sure if the ones we earned also meant a $1 contribution was made. I wonder if we look back to the CN, if it says anything on the promotions fine details.

ChefBeckyD said:
Laurie - I know in the past that has been the case, but I don't see anything in any of the HWC flyers for this year that say that.

I think YOU :)D) should call HO and find out for sure for all of us! :D:D:D

LOL....ok, dialing....will post info.

Becky, we must have been typing at the same time. So you looked through the flyers and no mention, huh? Oh well, I guess it is a question for HO. Thanks for checking! :) I was just about to go on the hunt. ;)

Sadly, $1 will NOT be donated for our earned items. :(

This is per Rosie at Solution Center. That's too bad, but I'll just have to donate $5 at a show to make it up. :)

They told us at Spring Fling that they are donating $1 for every item earned. I am thinking Rosie at SC might be wrong, because it was the sales director or whatever her title was so told us at Spring Fling.

PCMomto4 said:
They told us at Spring Fling that they are donating $1 for every item earned. I am thinking Rosie at SC might be wrong, because it was the sales director or whatever her title was so told us at Spring Fling.

I called again to confirm. Liliana at SC put me on hold to verify. She states that only purchased pink items will result in $1 donation. She said our earned items will not.

Not sure who the sales director was, but I'll just assume no money from our earned items will come about. I'll add my $5 donation, and if the info was wrong...no biggie...a bonus $5 for TACS is a good thing.

1. Has Home Office ever extended promos?

Yes, Home Office has extended promos in the past due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or severe weather conditions.

2. Will the current promos be extended due to the snow?

At this time, there is no confirmation from Home Office about extending the current promos. However, it is always a good idea to stay updated on any announcements from Home Office.

3. How can I stay updated on any changes to the promos?

You can stay updated by checking the Home Office website or joining any official Pampered Chef consultant groups on social media. Also, make sure to keep an eye on your email for any announcements from Home Office.

4. Can I still earn the HWC products if my show is cancelled due to the snow?

Unfortunately, if your show is cancelled and not rescheduled before the end of the promotion period, you will not be able to earn the HWC products. However, you can still try to reach out to your host and see if they would be interested in doing a catalog show or online party to help you earn the products.

5. When is the deadline for earning the HWC products?

The deadline for earning the HWC products is stated in the current promotion details. In this case, it would be before the 15th. If you are unable to meet the deadline due to unforeseen circumstances, it is always best to communicate with your host and Home Office to see if any accommodations can be made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • ragschef