1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Six-foot or Eight-foot table?

1. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I'm considering investing in a folding table. I'm looking at doing more booths in the future, and we could use it for other things too. Costco has tables that fold in half for easier storage, and the price isn't bad either. They have a six-foot table and an eight-foot table, and I'm debating which I should go with.

The six-foot table is more of a standard size. Easier to find table cloths and such. The eight-foot would of course allow for more display space.

Which would you get?

Oct 12, 2009
  2. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Pick up both of them and see how you can carry them by yourself and imagine trying to get it in and out of the car by yourself. Will the 8-ft fit in your car? Some places you have to carry your stuff pretty far to the booth so consider that. If I had an 8-ft table, I'd just bring more stuff to put on it :) I know for the booth I'm doing this weekend, the booth is 10-ft wide so an 8-ft table might be too tight. Just some things to consider...

Oct 12, 2009
  3. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Veteran Member Gold Member

I say 6 foot. Having a bigger table just means bringing more stuff and making more work for yourself!

4. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

I've had the six foot for several years & love it. I take it to shows where the host doesn't have a table to use & it always works nicely. The 8 foot tables, I've found, are a little too long & bounce if you use the food chopper on them. The 6 foot doesn't seem to do that for me.

5. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Noora: The six foots are way easier to carry. I a couple different brands and have both kinds--the kind that fold up and the kind that don't. Best one: Target, $44, gray, folds in half, very sturdy.

Oct 12, 2009
  6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

If you are planning to do fairs,booths etc...then go with the 8 ft. But for Cooking shows, I bring a 4ft, its lightweight & folds in half. I also have a six ft, but its heavy....HTH

Oct 12, 2009
  7. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

I have 2 six foot one that fold and a 4 foot one. I like them b/c it gives me options for configurations.

Oct 12, 2009
  8. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I have these same tables and love them.:love: The come in handy at home when we are entertaining the entire family. :D

Oct 12, 2009
  9. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks guys! :D I think I'll get the six-foot one. It does fold in half, so that eliminates worry about transporting it. And I think it's less than $40 at Costco (though I don't remember exactly how much). Maybe I can eventually add a second one, too.

Oct 12, 2009
  10. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I have a smaller sized one from WalGreens that I got for $20, works great for shows.

Oct 12, 2009
  11. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

There's one at Sam's Club that's a 4ft but has 3 height levels, kid's level, table level and counter level. I believe it's around $40 as well. I've been meaning to buy one and keep forgetting. It would have come in VERY handy at my last few shows. My back ends up killing me after bending over a regular table at table height. It would be nice to have a 6ft. table but I think I'd prefer the ability to have it at counter height. Maybe I'll later on invest in one of each so I can use different ones depending on the specific need of the show.

Oct 12, 2009
  12. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Veteran Member Gold Member

This is the one I have...it doesn't fold but I just lay it down in the back of my SUV withe my stuff on top. It works great!

Have something to add?