• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Since We Can't Talk About New Products...

In summary, the garden is starting to take over and the koi like the grass hanging over for their shade and hiding spot. The strawberries are doing well and the "hole" where the tires were is now a little pond. The carp in the Mississippi are pretty big and DH wants to make a bigger one here and put a stream to the one above then I can have a little wood bridge over the stream.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Check out my yard and garden so far...

Granted, I spend minimal time on it!!!! (Very minimal) We're busy.

The woods are starting to take over our little pond so I really need to work on that but the koi like the grass hanging over for their shade and hiding spot.

My strawberry plants are pretty big too!

100_4677.jpg

100_4679.jpg

100_4673.jpg

100_4672.jpg

100_4670.jpg

The infamous "hole" where the tires were - site of our next little pond. DH wants to make a bigger one here and put a stream to the one above then I can have a little wood bridge over the stream. :)

100_4674.jpg

WOW! And I'm just happy DH mowed the lawn today. :)

That is cool Janet! :):):)

If they are too big to stay inside this winter, I'll filet and send them down to you KG! ;)I hear the carp in the Mississippi are pretty big...you could go redneck fishing there.Mine are just prettier. :)

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a carp?A: One is a scaly, smelly, ugly, scum-sucking bottom feeder, and the other one is a fish.

Nice one KG. :)

Janet, what are the hanging buckets?

JAE said:
Janet, what are the hanging buckets?

Roma tomatoes.

Saves space and they seem to grow better with real dirt than our sandy soil. They are bigger than some of my ones in the ground planted at the same time.

For awhile I had some flowers in the top too.

I've been told that Basil goes really good on top of them.

rennea said:
I've been told that Basil goes really good on top of them.

Good to know - I avoided oregano because they said that grows too dense. You can't have something with a dense root structure above because it wouldn't let the moisture get to the tomato plants.

Cool garden. I like it...............

janetupnorth said:
Good to know - I avoided oregano because they said that grows too dense. You can't have something with a dense root structure above because it wouldn't let the moisture get to the tomato plants.

And basil and tomatoes are so yummy together:)

janetupnorth said:
Roma tomatoes.
Saves space and they seem to grow better with real dirt than our sandy soil. They are bigger than some of my ones in the ground planted at the same time.

For awhile I had some flowers in the top too.

O.k. - I'm confused... the tomato plants are growing out of the bottom of the bucket? Interesting. If that is the case, then I could do roma tomatoes hanging off our deck.

katie0128 said:
O.k. - I'm confused... the tomato plants are growing out of the bottom of the bucket? Interesting. If that is the case, then I could do roma tomatoes hanging off our deck.

Yes, I cut out the center hole, put the plant upside down through the bottom, put the dirt in and hung.

Let me see if I can find a website with instructions for you.

rennea said:
Nice one KG. :)

Thanks - it's a sad fact that 95% of lawyers give the rest of them a bad name.

Neat! I'm not a bit tomato fan, but I do like roma tomatoes and would probably use them quite a bit. Now MIL (and DH as well) will completely think I've lost it if I go take DH's Home Depot "Homer" buckets and plant tomatoes in the bottom. Maybe I should get Rae's Furry Guy to build me a "hot tub" and round out the trifecta and get DH and MIL to completely disown me. Hmmm...

katie0128 said:
Neat! I'm not a bit tomato fan, but I do like roma tomatoes and would probably use them quite a bit. Now MIL (and DH as well) will completely think I've lost it if I go take DH's Home Depot "Homer" buckets and plant tomatoes in the bottom. Maybe I should get Rae's Furry Guy to build me a "hot tub" and round out the trifecta and get DH and MIL to completely disown me. Hmmm...

Am I also remembering right that your DH can't handle clotheslines or was that someone else?

Nope - that's my DH. FIL and his family are a little off-center, but MIL has always lived on the "straight and narrow"... there is a proper way to do everything. Unfortunately, DH inherited that lovely trait from MIL. Don't get my wrong, I love MIL, but I like to let my inner hillbilly come out quite often. I think she killed hers.

Very nice! I wish I was better with plants! I always seem to kill things! (at least when it comes to plants, my dog is alive and well!)

For some reason, I'm really hungry for ripe tomatoes and fresh basil... ;)

pampermejolene said:
Very nice! I wish I was better with plants! I always seem to kill things! (at least when it comes to plants, my dog is alive and well!)

That's good... people get a bit cranky when you forget to water and feed four-legged critters!

But, I know what you mean about killing things. I don't do live plants inside the house. Heck, I even killed my cactus... and not it wasn't because I overwatered it. I NEVER watered it... in 3 years! I'm getting better about outside plants, though. Not sure why I can keep them alive, but can't keep ones that I walk by every day alive. Oh well.

...just need some fresh mozzarella and toasted french bread loaf slices and I'm good to go! :D

basil pesto mini pizzas sound sooooo good right now...

Why is it I always go to bed so hungry? Oh, maybe because I read CS at midnight!!!

I woke up and read this and now I'm hungry!

chefann said:
mmm... unprocessed fish sticks...

You and KG have hung out together too much!

I think they both just started with warped and twisted minds and being friends has only made it worse!

But of course, that is what we love about them!

The fish sticks quote is actually from one of the Simpsons Halloween specials. The one with the 3-D animation (Homer3).

Related to Since We Can't Talk About New Products...

1. What inspired you to start working on your yard and garden?

I have always loved being outdoors and connecting with nature. Since I spend most of my day inside at work, I wanted to create a peaceful and beautiful outdoor space that I could enjoy with my family.

2. How do you maintain your yard and garden while working full-time?

I try to dedicate a few hours every weekend to working on my yard and garden. I also use time-saving techniques such as mulching and using low-maintenance plants to minimize the amount of time and effort needed for upkeep.

3. What are some of your favorite plants in your yard and garden?

I love my koi pond and the variety of plants that surround it. I also have a soft spot for my strawberry plants - they produce delicious fruit and add a pop of color to my garden.

4. Do you have any plans for future additions or changes to your outdoor space?

Yes, my husband and I are planning to add a larger pond and a stream connecting it to our current one. We also want to build a small wood bridge over the stream for added charm.

5. How do you balance your busy schedule with maintaining your yard and garden?

It can be challenging at times, but I prioritize my time and make sure to schedule in some relaxation and enjoyment in my yard and garden. It's all about finding a balance and making time for the things that bring you joy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PamperedGinger
  • cmdtrgd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies