• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Since Pampered Chef Doesn't Have a Steamer Basket....

In summary, the silicone health steamer is small and fits 2 and 3 quart saucepans. It is silicone so it is "smushy" if that makes sense. It is not bulky and it might be in the Spring line.
DebbieJ
I picked up this one at Target. It's the only one I've found that isn't metal.http://www.target.com/KitchenAid-Silicone-Health-Steamer/dp/B00126MWKC/qid=1223245724/ref=br_1_34/601-0366490-8485777?ie=UTF8&node=3518671&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=3518671&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=1Maybe PC should come up with something like this!
41xJVxbdf9L._SS260_.jpg

I like it, but it looks bulky for storage! I still have the steamer insert that came with the Professional (? maybe) Cookware! LOVE IT!

Maybe they will, but the microcookers work for steaming in the microwave and the Gen. II cookware had a steamer that fit the 2 and 4 qt pieces, so perhaps there isn't much demand from the existing customer base. I like the fact that yours is silicone.

I would like to have a steamer. I have a set of the professional I have never opened since I received the Exec. in my shopping spree. I was thinking about splitting up my prof. set and taking the steamer for myself.

chefmeg said:
I like it, but it looks bulky for storage! I still have the steamer insert that came with the Professional (? maybe) Cookware! LOVE IT!

It's not bulky at all. It's small to fit 2 & 3 qt saucepans and it's silicone, so it's totally "smushy" if that makes sense.

I use the microcookers as steamers all the time and I too have the insert from the Professional set (gave the pans to my kids but kept that steamer insert!) if I want to do it stovetop. I wish we'd come out with one for our Exec/Stainless sets. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the Spring line!

Oh I love this!!! Deb did it come in other colors?? It looks awesome - off to Target I am!

Just red. I wish it came in other colors, too.

BethCooks4U said:
I use the microcookers as steamers all the time and I too have the insert from the Professional set (gave the pans to my kids but kept that steamer insert!) if I want to do it stovetop. I wish we'd come out with one for our Exec/Stainless sets. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the Spring line!

Aren't cookware additions usually announced in the Fall line?

Related to Since Pampered Chef Doesn't Have a Steamer Basket....

1. How can I steam vegetables without a steamer basket from Pampered Chef?

There are a few alternative methods for steaming vegetables without a steamer basket from Pampered Chef. You can use a colander or metal strainer placed over a pot of boiling water, a microwave-safe dish with a lid, or even aluminum foil to create a makeshift steamer basket.

2. Why doesn't Pampered Chef offer a steamer basket?

Pampered Chef focuses on providing high-quality kitchen tools and cookware that are both functional and durable. We have found that our other products, such as our cookware sets and microwavable steamer, can effectively steam vegetables without the need for a separate steamer basket.

3. Can I use a steamer basket from another brand with my Pampered Chef cookware?

Yes, you can use a steamer basket from another brand with your Pampered Chef cookware. As long as the steamer basket fits securely in your pot or pan, you can use it to steam vegetables or other foods. However, we recommend using our microwavable steamer or alternative methods for steaming vegetables without a steamer basket.

4. Is it safe to steam vegetables without a steamer basket?

Yes, it is safe to steam vegetables without a steamer basket. As long as you are using a heat-proof colander or dish and following proper cooking guidelines, steaming vegetables without a steamer basket can be just as effective and safe as using one.

5. Can I purchase a steamer basket from Pampered Chef's competitors?

Yes, you can purchase a steamer basket from Pampered Chef's competitors. However, we recommend considering our alternative methods for steaming vegetables or investing in our microwavable steamer, which is specifically designed for use with our cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cheftiffany
Replies