• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Since Pampered Chef Doesn't Have a Steamer.... (Xpost From Cs)

In summary, there are several alternatives to using a steamer from Pampered Chef, including using a regular pot with a steamer basket, a metal colander or strainer, or a microwave-safe dish with a lid. Some Pampered Chef products, such as the Deep Covered Baker or Rockcrok Dutch Oven, can also be used as makeshift steamers. Popular foods to steam using Pampered Chef products include vegetables, fish, shellfish, and tamales. It is important to follow the recommended cooking times and tips, such as not lifting the lid too frequently, for best results. However, it is possible to achieve similar results without a steamer from Pampered Chef by finding a suitable alternative and following proper steaming techniques.
chefkathy
I picked up this one at Target. It's the only one I've found that isn't metal.

http://www.target.com/KitchenAid-Silicone-Health-Steamer/dp/B00126MWKC/qid=1223245724/ref=br_1_34/601-0366490-8485777?ie=UTF8&node=3518671&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=3518671&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=1

Maybe PC should come up with something like this!

41xJVxbdf9L._SS260_.jpg

I'd love one of those! You need to send this to the test kitchen.

What are the alternatives to using a steamer from Pampered Chef?

There are several alternatives to using a steamer from Pampered Chef. You can use a regular pot with a steamer basket, a metal colander or strainer, or even a microwave-safe dish with a lid. Another option is to use a foil packet or parchment paper packet to steam food in the oven.

Can I use a Pampered Chef product as a makeshift steamer?

Some Pampered Chef products can be used as makeshift steamers. For example, the Deep Covered Baker or the Rockcrok Dutch Oven can both be used to steam food by adding a small amount of water and covering the dish with its lid. However, it is important to note that these products are not specifically designed for steaming and may not produce the same results as a traditional steamer.

What types of food can I steam using Pampered Chef products?

You can steam a variety of food using Pampered Chef products. Some popular options include vegetables, fish, shellfish, and even tamales. However, it is important to check the specific product instructions and cooking times for each type of food.

Are there any tips for steaming with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there are a few tips to keep in mind when steaming with Pampered Chef products. First, make sure to use the recommended amount of water and avoid overfilling the pot or dish. Additionally, do not lift the lid too frequently while steaming to prevent heat from escaping. Finally, allow the food to rest for a few minutes after steaming to ensure it is fully cooked.

Can I still achieve the same results without a steamer from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can still achieve similar results without a steamer from Pampered Chef. The key is to find a suitable alternative, such as using a pot with a steamer basket, and following the recommended cooking times for the specific type of food you are steaming. It may take some trial and error, but with proper technique, you can achieve delicious steamed food without a traditional steamer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Back