• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::

In summary, Theresa may have broken her big toe at Tae Kwon Do last night and is now on her way to Urgent Care. She will update soon and is hoping for a treatment option, as she may not be able to wear certain shoes or have a longer recovery if it is a broken toe. Meanwhile, Nikki shares her experiences with her children's broken bones and wishes Theresa a speedy recovery.
nikked
Gold Member
Well, it appears as though
Theresa may have broken
Her lovely big toe!
Last night at Tae Kwon Do
Oh, woe
Is me

So, we are Off to Urgent Care
The the Lord for that insurance
Oh, what a bear!
One day without a care
Oh, woe
Is me

I will update soon
Thank you for your prayers
I feel like such a goon!
As though I might swoon
Oh, woe
Is me

::side note:: had to do something while waiting for the UC to open

Last edited:
I just asked Theresa if she liked it...

she said not really ::sigh::

Oh, I so hope
They can treat her toe
For if they say nope
Than she'll be in such woe

Intrepid_Chef said:
Oh, I so hope
They can treat her toe
For if they say nope
Than she'll be in such woe

at THAT, Theresa giggles! ::sigh::

well...basically they said..."hmmm, could be broken but nothing we can do about it...keep her off it today..." not happy...calling the doctor's office...

A Psalmist you're not (but, neither am I, so I won't even try), but I thought your poem was cute.I hope Theresa feels better soon. On the bright side, she has doctor's orders to sit in front of the TV and not do anything around the house.By the way, who did she kick hard enough to break a toe?

I like it, Nikki.

Well, her ACTUAL doctor, is ordering x-rays...I know there's not much that can be done for a broken toe, but it will make a difference on what shoes she can wear, and how long the recovery is. Also, the doc brought up growth plate issues, which having dealt with that with two other kids, just makes me shudder! (for those of you who remember, RIGHT after Tony left for Iraq, Caroline (then 3) separated the growth plate on her foot in a trampoline accident, and ended up in a full leg cast for WEEKS)...and Mary (the oldest), slipped while playing duck-duck-goose right before her freshman year (at color guard camp), and separated the growth plate in her hip, and still has issues from that.

As far as what Theresa did, not totally sure. Didn't see it happen. The class was warming up, and somehow she slipped. We think she must have twisted the toe back or something...

Oh...the xray place was closed by the time the doc saw us, so we're taking her in the morning...

looks pretty ugly this morning (worse than yesterday, which I guess is to be expected as the discoloring gets more pronounced)...off to x-rays in a couple of hours...

Ah yes, the joy of parenthood! Having 3 girls and a BOY, I have been there many times. My daughter fell roller skating. Dr said everything was ok. 2 weeks later, when it wasn't getting better, took her to an orthopedic. She fractured her growth plate. My son on the other hand, had all to many breaks to remember them all. The worst was when he was snowboarding and fell. The safety patrol stopped him to make sure he was ok. My son said he was fine and kept snowboarding. When he and his friends came back down the mountain, he said it hurt a little. He said bye to his friends. Got in the car, shut the door, and he started screaming in pain. I felt his arm and felt it dangling at the elbow. Straight to the ER. He broke it. I asked him why on earth did he keep snowboarding. He said, he knew he broke it and wouldn't be able to go snowboarding for the rest of the season. So he figured he would get another run in :eek: He is such a GUY! Ignore the pain and never let your friends see you cry.
Good luck to you. Hope she feels better.

lisasfuncooking said:
Ah yes, the joy of parenthood! Having 3 girls and a BOY, I have been there many times. My daughter fell roller skating. Dr said everything was ok. 2 weeks later, when it wasn't getting better, took her to an orthopedic. She fractured her growth plate. My son on the other hand, had all to many breaks to remember them all. The worst was when he was snowboarding and fell. The safety patrol stopped him to make sure he was ok. My son said he was fine and kept snowboarding. When he and his friends came back down the mountain, he said it hurt a little. He said bye to his friends. Got in the car, shut the door, and he started screaming in pain. I felt his arm and felt it dangling at the elbow. Straight to the ER. He broke it. I asked him why on earth did he keep snowboarding. He said, he knew he broke it and wouldn't be able to go snowboarding for the rest of the season. So he figured he would get another run in :eek: He is such a GUY! Ignore the pain and never let your friends see you cry.
Good luck to you. Hope she feels better.

Now THAT'S a story!

Oh...and we have 3 girls and and a boy too...he's just 3 1/2...but he sure is DIFFERENT!

That was a few years ago. He is going to be 13 in a few weeks. His nickname is M.D, for Master Disaster! My other daughters. Almost 20, 17 and 15. Now you know why I am not sane.

lisasfuncooking said:
That was a few years ago. He is going to be 13 in a few weeks. His nickname is M.D, for Master Disaster! My other daughters. Almost 20, 17 and 15. Now you know why I am not sane.

So, he was just a little kid when this happened? Holy cow, very wise, and tough, for his age.

My favorites are the phone calls which start out "First of all, everything is fine, but . . . " Call from my husband after taking our daughter (a toddler at the time) to the ER to get staples in her head after a friend's dog got tired of her bugging him while he was trying to sleep. There was also the call from my son who, at the time, was on the other side of the country, to tell me he had just fallen off a cliff trying to rescue a friend who had fallen first. "We don't think anything's broken, just bruised really badly." The pictures I saw on Facebook!! Made me want to cry and hug him, but my arms weren't long enough.:cry:

Related to ::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::

1. What is "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::"?

::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh:: is a poem written by a Pampered Chef employee that humorously reflects on the experience of breaking a toe. It is often shared among coworkers as a way to bond and find humor in the everyday challenges of life.

2. Who wrote "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::"?

The author of "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::" is unknown, as it has been passed around and shared among Pampered Chef employees for many years. It is a fun and relatable piece that has become a staple in the company's culture.

3. Why is it called "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::"?

The double sigh in the title represents the exasperation and resignation one feels when dealing with a broken toe. It adds a humorous tone to the poem and captures the sentiment of many who have experienced a similar injury.

4. Can I use "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::" for team building activities?

Absolutely! "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::" is a lighthearted and relatable piece that can be used as a team building activity or icebreaker for Pampered Chef employees. It can also be a fun addition to company events or gatherings.

5. Is "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::" available in other formats?

Yes, "::Sigh:: Ode to the Broken Toe ::Sigh::" has been shared and adapted in various formats, such as videos, memes, and even cross-stitch patterns. It has become a beloved piece among Pampered Chef employees and continues to be shared and enjoyed in different ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies