• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should We Do a Succession or Secession for My Father-in-Law's Estate?

In summary, you should talk to an attorney to see if succession is the right option for you and your husband.
rbvernon
Silver Member
:confused: I know this is not about PC but I do have a problem that I need help on.

My father-n-law pasted away on Saturday, and my hubby is the only child (my hubby mother is still alive). Well my mother-n-law & father-n-law is divorced (for the record). My FNL left everything to my hubby except for the house b/c it is still under my MNL & FNL. Anyway getting to the point. I wanted to know everyone is giving us different advice. I wanted to know if we should do a succesion/secession? Which one is it? Succession? or Secession? or do I have it wrong? I was told that we have to do one, if not we will get fined after 9 months(?).

My reason is b/c he has a lot of bills and we want to sell the house and pay what we can. My hubby & I want to keep his car (which he still owes on, but we think he has insurance to pay for it if something happens to him). Also the MAIN focus is that he said to us and a family member that he has a large amount (insurance policy) taken out; but we can't find anything on it. If we get a lawer to do the succession/secession, he should be able to find it. RIGHT?

My hubby & I are so lost and not sure what to do? If you have help us I would greatly appericate it.

bumping... i need help......???

You need to talk to an attorney who specializes in this type of law (inheritance). This is some complicated stuff, and may involve quit claim deeds to sell the house, some bills may not need to be paid as he died, etc. Get professional legal help...and the bills may be paid for from the estate your DH inherited.Robin

you need to talk to an estate planning attorney. This is not anything that your fellow PC consultants can help you with.

Follow the previous postings advice. I've been the executor of my step-fathers and grandmothers estate and will be for my other grandmother. It gets very confusing and there are many twists and turns especially if not all i's and t's are dotted and crossed. Go seek legal advice.

First and foremost, I'm very sorry for your loss. Many of us could give you advice but even if it's in good faith it could be wrong. Since there are so many different laws that vary in each state we couldn't fully give you the right advice except to seek some professional legal help. I hope all turns out well.

thanks so much. i just really thought maybe some on went thru this and could give us advice on what we should do. i believe we are going to get a attorney.

thanks so much for your advice.

1. What is a succession or secession (long) in Pampered Chef?

A succession or secession (long) in Pampered Chef refers to the process of a consultant transferring their business to a new consultant, either within the same team or to a different team. This can happen for various reasons, such as a consultant retiring, moving to a new location, or deciding to focus on a different career path.

2. How does a succession or secession (long) affect my business as a consultant?

A succession or secession (long) can affect your business as a consultant in several ways. Depending on the specific circumstances, you may lose customers or team members, which can impact your sales and overall business performance. However, it can also present opportunities for growth and development as you build new relationships and learn from a new consultant.

3. What are the steps involved in a succession or secession (long) process?

The steps involved in a succession or secession (long) process may vary depending on the specific situation. However, some common steps may include notifying your team and customers of the change, transferring ownership of your business tools and materials, and working closely with the new consultant to ensure a smooth transition for your customers and team members.

4. Can I choose who succeeds or succeeds me in my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, as a consultant, you have the option to choose who succeeds or succeeds you in your Pampered Chef business. It is important to communicate your preferences to your team and leadership so they can support you in finding a suitable successor or successor for your business.

5. What should I do if I am interested in succeeding or succeeding someone else in their Pampered Chef business?

If you are interested in succeeding or succeeding someone else in their Pampered Chef business, you should first reach out to the consultant directly to express your interest and discuss the possibility. You should also communicate with your team and leadership to ensure that the succession or secession process is conducted appropriately and smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sl_ostertag
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • letmepamperu13