• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shared Party With Another Vendor-How to Handle

M
MicheleC
I had a show last week that was combined with a Party Lite consultant. It actually turned out to be a great show with over $700 in sales for me and five possible bookings. Two girls want to cohost and do it at the same time as PartyLite and another wants to do a combined show as well. I have one that is set with a date for just Pampered Chef and another that is doing just PartyLite and said she'll call me when she is ready to do a PC party.

I'm not sure I'm so excited about starting this trend. I have been really trying to host coach and I just started offering to send the postcards and do the reminder calls. I want to have great shows and feel it is important to do these especially with a combined show but there's another part of me that feels like I'm getting all of the people there for someone else to reap some of the benefits. (The PartyLite gal doesn't really host coach)

I've got a call in to her to find out if she wants to help with the costs of postage and split the reminder calls. What do you think is the best way to handle it?

I'm also not sure if I should just do my regular spiel on bookings and recruiting and then her do hers or if it will seem like they're hearing the same thing twice? I'd really like to grow my business but on the last show she told the hostess that I spent too much time on PC and she thought I talked too long (my demo and talk time was just over 30 minutes which I thought was pretty good).

Any thoughts, ideas, critique would be great because I know I have at least two of these over the next two months and the potential for more bookings off of those.

Michele

GET OUT OF IT! Tell your hosts that this isn't normally something you like to do and maybe even offer to bring the ingredients if they decide to have just you or reschedule for another date with just you.

I would tend to agree with kate... let your future booking dates that it would be a show with just you.... I wouldn't double dip like that..... that's jsut my two cents

I wouldn't do it either. I would just explain to the hostesses that that was a one-time thing. You could be entering a group of people that expects combined shows and you could have a hard time getting out of it. Plus, you'll end up not having any fun and it's your business. I think its a good idea about offering to buy the food if they they stricktly have a P/C pary.

I thought PC also had a policy against doing combined shows.

I have been diong party exchanges with other consulants from other companies but I dont' think I could handle a combine show with them... I think it owuld be to much over kill.....

tlennhoff said:
I thought PC also had a policy against doing combined shows.

do you know anything more about this? I will have to dig through the COnsultant Guide....if you know where to find the policy on this, I'd appreciate you sharing.
thanks
Melinda

I just booked a show for November with a host that is so busy (travels for her job, ect) and she is also having a PL show the same night at 6PM, set up in different part of the house, and my show is at 7 PM, so the demo's will not compete, but she will be able to have both show the same night. I really do not mind, because the people who are interested in PC will come at 7PM and those that want candles will come earlier.

Hmm, now I can't find anything on that and I just reread all the policies and procedures in the "recipe for success" so I must be wrong.

tlennhoff said:
Hmm, now I can't find anything on that and I just reread all the policies and procedures in the "recipe for success" so I must be wrong.

There is nothing about this in the recipe for success about doing joint company shows. I think it is just a case of what you feel most comfortable with and who you are working with. Some of these parties end up great and others a fizzle.

I did one show last year with a Tastefully Simple consultant also there. We agreed who would go first and worked around it so it wouldn't take away time from the other. I made out with a $1000 show and she only got $400 in sales. Who's to say what would happen again? I can work with this consultant as she and I have the same plan. Would it work with another consultant--I don't know.

I'm curious, how do you swap shows with people, do you just find a company who you would like to host for and propose a swap??

I do combined shows with Tastefully Simple and they work out great. I make sure that my demo complements what she is doing.

For example, at my last combined show, my demo was Bananas Foster Stir Fry which we served over the TS Absolutely Almond Pound Cake. YUM!!!

My sales were $665 and I know hers were lower. At another joint show I did mine were $800 and hers were $400. I got bookings from both of them as well.

So you never know!

I googled companies that were DS members IE Tuppaware, Home Interiors,Tastefully Simple... and looked up consultants in my area. and asked them if they would be interested in doing that .

maggiemay said:
I'm curious, how do you swap shows with people, do you just find a company who you would like to host for and propose a swap??

How have these shows been going Leah??

Have you each actually done a show for each other yet?? or just shceduled them??

All of my shows this month except for one were party exchanges.... the frist one was 440.00 in sales, I had one last Friday that is sitting at 610.00 in sales and it is closing on Friday, and I had one last night that isn't qulaifed as a party yet but she is working on it..... So far it worked out for the first two but the third one is still needs some help. I have hostes for them as well they went okay too...... It's nto somethng for everyoen to try but it works pretty good. I want my name in Kathy's newletter again next month.. that felt really dang good!!!

PCGINA said:
How have these shows been going Leah??

Have you each actually done a show for each other yet?? or just shceduled them??

GREAT!! Keep up the good work...

Thanks... I have three shows booked in Oct....... I am having the time of my life!!!

I would still do the combined shows if that's what the hosts want. But, I'd ask the PartyLite lady to split the postage with you, or I'd only mention PC when you send the invites if she doesn't split it. I'd do all the reminder calls, but I wouldn't mention PL in the calls. I'd do the same demo as always, don't let her bully you into saying yours takes too long. If she'd like, you can do your demo, the guests can place their orders, then they can eat while watching her demo.

Thanks for all the advice! I talked with the PL consultant last night and she's not real excited about continuing to do combined shows. She has a totally different take on what a show should be than I do. She thinks people don't want to hear someone talk or see a demonstration but just sit and visit and then place orders. I know that does work well with some groups and have been doing express shows recently but I still feel it is important for me to discuss booking, recruiting, cookware, etc. I think we're going to try at the one show playing a condensed price is right game to make it a little different without feeling like I'm just giving my spiels one right after the other.

This consultant only does this for fun and doesn't really care about the money necessarily so we really are coming from different points as I'm trying to really grow my business.

She was asking a lot of red flag questions about the PC opportunity though so maybe I'll add her to my team ;). I found out her average show is only $275 (a show has to be $250 to qualify) and they make 25% but she has to buy the hostess gifts (about $10-15) which means she only makes about $55-$60 per show. They also don't get regular discounts on items. They can only get one item at 50% off and then have to buy the rest at 75%.

I do combined shows a couple of times a year....I find them to be a nice change of pace -and it helps me network with some people I might not otherwise have the opportunity to meet.

I just did a combined Open House with 2 other ladies last weekend. A very good friend of my makes custom beaded jewelry, and another friend and I have shown her how to turn her hobby into a home party gig. Long story short - a coworker of hers sells Mary Kay and Tastefully Simple and invited my friend and I to participate.

This was kind of a "blind date" so to speak for me, as I never met the other person - just kind of followed and trusted my friend.

It worked out well for me - I ended up with $350 in sales, and some booking leads, a few people joined my mailing list. This was located in an area about 40 minutes from where I live, and not an area that I've had an opportunity to go to before....so from that perspective it was good networking. (and it was also a fun day to spend with my friend!)

Most of the people who came to this open house were customers/friends of the Mary Kay/Tastefully Simple lady....although my friend and I advertised through our channels - this was not in an area that we normally hit with our businesses. The guests seemed to come prepared to shop from all 3 of us, and dropped cash and credit cards at each table.

The other combined show/multi vendor event that I do is my Creative Pampering event....I know I've talked about it out here before. I have a unique situation in that in my close circle of friends I have: me as the PC lady, a friend who sells Longaberger and Tastefully Simple, another friend show sells Mary Kay, one who sells Creative Memories, one who sells Close to My Heart, my friend who does the jewelry....we've all been friends for many years and most of us scrapbook together, and see each other socially all the time. While "whining" about not having time in our lives to scrapbook, and needing another day away for that, we created this Creative Pampering event. We're holding our 3 CP event in October, and plan to continue holding them twice a year. Basically its a 12 hour crop with 12 home party reps available, doing demos on a rotating basis throughout the day.
My goal for this event is not so much sales as it is networking,name dropping, relationship building, spending the day with my best friends, etc. I always end up with enough orders to qualify for a show at the very least, get bookings and leads. In March, I cleaned out my PC closet and sold a lot of cash and carry items and plan to do that again this time (that gave me my spending money for the other demos!!! :D )

Anyway, long story short....I think its all in how you look at it. Is it a good networking move? Will it put you in front of some people you wouldn't otherwise meet? My PC customers often ask me for names of other consultants, and I make referrals to my colleages involved in the Creative Pampering event. Because I am one of the "founding members" of the planning committee for this event, I am able to convey that to new consultants who jump on board with us (and we've had several who have wanted to join us for this day, and even have a waiting list of consultants who want to be a part of it) - I tell them that this is a perk for them for participating that they get to meet my customers, and I get to meet theirs, etc.....I let them know that I will support them via referrals, and I invest time in building relationships with EVERYONE who comes through the door of this event! Its all about networking!

My Tastefully Simple/Longaberger friend is one of my best customers and a frequent host - and she utilizes tons of Pampered Chef products, especially Simple Additions products with her T.S. events. The girl whose house we were just at for the open house last week, had every single food item that she made with her T.S. served in Simple Additions pieces that she owns including the 3 tiered stand, rectangle stand, etc. I was thrilled!

I don't think doing multi vendor shows should be the PRIMARY source of your business....but it certainly can be a refreshing change if you can get connected with the right people. I guess I'm lucky that my friends are all consultants for various things, and we love to support each other.

Just my scattered thoughts on the subject......as a side note, one of the customers that came to the open house, who was a good friend of the MK/TS person invited my friend and I to participate in a combo party that she was hosting....it was going to be the MK/TS lady, plus a "romance" consultant, and then my friend with her jewelry and I if we want to be there. There's a different twist on a show! I'm not really into being there for the "romance" party.....but I do think I'm going to take her up on her offer to at least give her some catalogs and flyers and maybe a small display. She just happens to live not far from me so it would be convenient....heck, people who go to those shows need to eat too, right?!?!? :D

Melinda

1. How do I handle a shared party with another vendor?

When hosting a shared party with another vendor, it is important to communicate with each other and come to an agreement on how to split the responsibilities and costs. This can include splitting the cost of postage and reminder calls, as well as coordinating the timing and content of your presentations. It is also a good idea to establish clear expectations and boundaries to avoid any conflicts or misunderstandings.

2. Is it beneficial to have a combined show with another vendor?

A combined show can potentially bring in more guests and increase sales for both vendors. However, it is important to make sure that both parties are on the same page and have a good working relationship. It may also be helpful to offer incentives for guests who book parties with both vendors.

3. How can I handle the potential for the other vendor to reap some of the benefits?

It is important to focus on the positive aspects of a shared party, such as the potential for increased sales and bookings. You can also discuss the possibility of splitting the costs and responsibilities, as well as offering incentives for guests to book parties with both vendors. Additionally, make sure to communicate and set clear expectations with the other vendor to avoid any conflicts or misunderstandings.

4. Should I repeat my spiel on bookings and recruiting if the other vendor also talks about it?

It may be helpful to coordinate with the other vendor and discuss what each of you will cover during the party. This can help avoid repetition and ensure that all important information is covered. If both of you do plan on discussing bookings and recruiting, you can offer different perspectives or approaches to make it more interesting for the guests.

5. How can I address feedback from the other vendor that I talked too much about my products?

It is important to take any feedback constructively and try to find a solution that works for both parties. You can discuss with the other vendor the best way to divide the presentation time and make sure to keep the focus on both products throughout the party. It may also be beneficial to plan out and practice your presentations beforehand to ensure that they are engaging and not too lengthy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
ajadzioba
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire