• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I effectively make contacts and book more shows?

In summary, the conversation suggests blocking 4 hours a week for 4 weeks to make contacts and complete a Play Sheet. It is recommended to make 3 contacts a day, record their information and outcomes, and use an Out of the Blue script to contact people on a List of 100, as well as past customers and hosts. The focus should be on generating new business, with each contact including an invitation to host a show, learn about the business, or request referrals. The Online Course "Prospecting: Finding Business Everywhere" provides resources for word choices to use during contacts, and it is advised to make 3 phone calls immediately after completing the course. It is also suggested to practice a call with a friend, and there is
Sheila
Gold Member
Block 4 hours a week for the next 4 weeks to make contacts and complete your Play Sheet. Make 3 contacts a day. - Record the name of the person on your play sheet & the result on your conversation in the contact boxes. Use your Out of the Blue script to contact people on your List of 100 as well as past customers & hosts. Remember, your focus is on making contacts to generate new business, so every contact should include an invitation to host a show, learn more about the business opportunity, or a request for referrals. And remember to track the people you talk to when out and about.

Take the Online Course: Prospecting: Finding Business Everywhere - Print the resources for great word choices that you can use when making your contacts. Make 3 phone calls as soon as you complete the course!

Practice a call with a freind. Use the Out of the Blue script. - You can even ask a freind or buddy from this class to practice with you.

Workshop Audio: Phone Courage - You'll find this workshop recording in the Resources section of the Online Training Center. Download to your computer/MP3 player or listen from the Web site. You'll learn the steps to effective phone conversations, as well as how to builid up courage before you dial. You'll hear lots of word choices for a variety of situations. After listening, record your own compelling voice mail message that customers will hear when they return your call!

Book 2 Shows. - If you're making your contacs, you'll be booking more Shows! Please add them to your Consultant Connection calendar so your upline can better support you! If you don't know how to do that, take the online training course that teaches you how to use Consultant Connction. If you're not already using it, you are missing out on a GREAT resource for yourself and definitely a great resource is you have a downline!!!

Carry your PC tote bag everywhere you go. Connect and start a conversation with someone while out and about. - If you aren't already carrying a PC tote bag you'll find a list of items on the Step Up Your Business Web page, along with comfortable word choices and a link to video tips from successful field leaders. Then step out your front door adn let it help you connect. Don't forget to bring home a name and phone number!

Online Course: Customer Care - Take the course and call customers from you past three shows.

Hands-on Training: Listen to a customer care call.
Ask your recruiter/director/upline to let you listen in to one of their calls! Customer care calls accomplish two things:
  • They build relationships (people do business with people they like and trust)
  • They provide an endless source of leads
Some common-sense times to make a Customer Care calls:
  • The day after the show - You never get everything in at the show. There are always more sales, bookings and recruit leads because you started people thinking and they may want to know more to add to their order.
  • To every person who places an outside order - Treat an outside order just like you would a guest at a show. That means thanking them for their order, making a connection, and offering your services. In other words, do a full service check-out!
  • Out of the Box call - If you don't connect the day after the show, try again when the guests receive their orders. This is an especially good time to connect with the host.
  • Monthly - Every month offers a new reason to call. Letting your hosts and customers know about special opportunities is a service you can provide.
  • With each new season - People LOVE to know what's new! Plus, things change quickly in people's lives. A person who wasn't ready to start a business in the summer may have entirely different needs come fall.
Players' tips for the Customer Care Call
  • Use the customer care script. Please have the customer care script and your Play sheet (page 2) with you when you listen in on a Customer Care Call
  • Use the current Guest and Host Specials. To learn more, listen to the Let's Talk Promotions audio to hear ideas that you can implement right away. (It's on the bottom of the page with the host/guest specials.)
  • Expand the possibilities by always inviting people to learn more about the business and sharing the benefits of hosting a show. Close by asking for referrals.
Take Action Challenge: After you've taken the Customer Care Online Course and observed a customer care call, post your own Players' Tip here on this forum thread to add to the list!​

Questions about the homework:
1. On the session 1 play sheet, are we supposed to put in names and results of contacts we make there?
2. I once heard that it doesn't count as a contact unless 1, you talk to a live person and 2, you are trying to generate new business (ie- host coaching calls don't count).

I ask b/c I have been making lots of calls and contacts, but am not always talking to someone, and honestly some days after making the host coaching calls, I don't have time to make other calls.

1) Yes! But it's just for your reference. You won't be showing it to any of us. I'm looking at my play sheet from Oct of last year ... day 1 says:
_____ - added to newsletter
_____ - added to newsletter
_____ - booked a show for 10/17​

2) Yes, new contacts! The theory is to increase your circle of potential customers, hosts & recruits. ;)

Thanks Sheila!!!!
So, do out of the blue calls count if we are making them to people who were guests at shows? I would not necessarily be increasing sales, but trying for shows and recruits and just simply building relationships to keep them as future customers.

I would think they would count. You never know, somebody would say, "You know, there's something I forgot to put on my order."

Past contacts are customer care but can lead to bookings, recruit leads, etc. I didn't count them as my 3 NEW contacts for the day. I only put brand new people in those squares.

Not a great week of doing the homework. I did the most I could. I've been fighting a migraine and other issues for the past week. I went to the doctor Tuesday and had a sinus infection AND bladder infection. I was still on an antibiotic for my spider bite I got the week before. It took a few days for the medicine to take effect. I wasn't up to anything until Thursday. I had a show Thursday and booked two shows and I had someone who joined me at my show. She's signing this week at payday. She already has her first 4 shows set up, including her grand opening. Friday I toured my local food pantry, got a great lead while their for a booking. I'm working on developing a class for my local food bank, teaching their clients how to make meals from the food provided in food boxes.

What you are doing for the food bank is a great idea!

Well, I haven't done 3 calls a day, because the day after the call I managed to get my October overbooked and my November and Dec half way full. So I'm spending more of my time working with these hostesses. As a total newbie, I think I need some guidance on how to balance new contacts with customer care and host coaching.Even tho I'm not doing my homework properly, I have gotten a lot from the SUYB concept. It is helping me focus.

Thanks Sheila. We have about 16% unemployment in our county right now. Many are using the food banks. There are a lot of items (like beans) that many just don't know how to cook them or what to make with them. I have taught a cooking class at a local women's shelter and I had to use just what they had available from the food bank donations. I made the Pork Noodle Skillet. It was a big hit. It got the ball rolling of them wanting more recipes and cooking lessons. They hooked me up with the local food bank, which is "the broker" for all the food pantries. I toured one, so I could see what is available. I have some recipes in mind to share, but I'd like to make a small cookbook available for free for the clients. I sent a request to PC HO to reprint some of their recipes. Other recipes are some of my family favorites. When I get it done, I will post for others to take advantage of. People are very excited about my cooking classes and recipe book. Food stamps, etc. could go a lot farther if people made more from scratch. It can be easy and fun.

lockhartkitchen said:
People are very excited about my cooking classes and recipe book. Food stamps, etc. could go a lot farther if people made more from scratch. It can be easy and fun.

Go Julie, this is great!

Thanks Margie. I'll show it to you when I get done. I thought about adding the steps of recipes that kids can help with, to help bring families together. The man at the food pantry asked me a question that surprised me, "Are you using your tools, so you can sell them?". It was a fair question. Funny thing...This was NO Where in my mind. I told him I truly wanted to help others spread their money and resources farther. I've been there before. I'm using my PC tools, but I'm there as a teacher. He said he's a chef and asked for a catalog and my card.

If they can't afford to buy groceries, they probably can't afford to by PC tools either. But they might develop a love for the product and host or sign up!

BlueMoon said:
Well, I haven't done 3 calls a day, because the day after the call I managed to get my October overbooked and my November and Dec half way full. So I'm spending more of my time working with these hostesses.

As a total newbie, I think I need some guidance on how to balance new contacts with customer care and host coaching.

Even tho I'm not doing my homework properly, I have gotten a lot from the SUYB concept. It is helping me focus.

I have this same dilemna. But, I am not a newbie.

They might not be able to afford the products, but sometimes they might want something small or host to get free products. I think this is a GREAT idea and will be interested in seeing your cookbook. I also am fond of saying that $2 a recipe is a starting point ... often I can make these recipes for much less! AKA ... sessame oil, less than $2 for a bottle that makes many skillets, chicken, often on sale and ramen noodles, often less than 25 cents, and peppers, often on sale. Omit carrots if you don't like them, use regular onions instead of green and brown 'em w/the peppers.

Oh, I have a hard time with time management in generall ... however, I have tried the Facebook project and will tweak it in the future!

My challenge has also been time management. BUT, I have made an effort in making contacts, which is an improvement. Hope to do much better this week.

1. What is Session 1 Homework?

Session 1 Homework is a set of assignments and tasks given to Pampered Chef consultants after completing their initial training session. It is designed to help consultants practice and apply the skills and knowledge they learned during the session.

2. How do I access Session 1 Homework?

You can access Session 1 Homework by logging into your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Homework" tab. You can also access it through the consultant app.

3. How long do I have to complete Session 1 Homework?

You have 14 days from the date of your initial training session to complete Session 1 Homework. It is important to complete it within this timeframe to ensure you retain the information and skills learned during the session.

4. What happens if I don't complete Session 1 Homework within the given timeframe?

If you do not complete Session 1 Homework within 14 days, your account may be placed on a temporary hold and you will not be able to move on to the next training session. It is important to complete the homework in a timely manner to continue your progress as a consultant.

5. Is Session 1 Homework mandatory?

Yes, Session 1 Homework is mandatory for all Pampered Chef consultants. It is an important part of the training process and will help you succeed in your business. It is also a requirement to move on to the next training session.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Jolie_Paradoxe