• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for the Perfect Oreo Truffle Recipe

and one should always test a recipe in stages. So I would test your first batch by taking small pieces and putting them in the freezer, then put them in a container and let it sit for at least a week. Then you can taste the truffle...and if you think it tastes to bitter, add more cream cheese or omit the vanilla. There is no need to make them in large batches as they will be gone very quickly. This recipe is so simple and delicious,
missyciccolella
Ok, I know have seen this via email from some PC friend and probably on here as well...I can't find the recipe for the Oreo Truffles that has been passed around this fall/winter. All I know is it involves chopping Oreo cookies and from what I hear is simple and sinfully good. Does anyone have it? :chef: I would be very thankful if someone could help me out!

1 regular size pkg. of double stuffed oreos
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese (not a tub)
a dash of vanilla
Chocolate for dipping

The "real" directions say to chop the oreos with the food chopper, but I just put mine in a large Ziploc bag, and smash them to smithereens. Once I've done that, I add the cream cheese and vanilla and smush it all up together. Then I take my small scoop and scoop balls of it onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place that in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Melt the chocolate, and dip the truffles in the chocolate, and then place them back on the parchment to dry.

Oh these little devils are devine:) I made them last year and ended up having to make another batch right away cause I ate the first batch all by myself:eek:

You can also make them with Nutter Butters instead of Oreos for a different take!

You can also make them with regular cake mix. Bake your cake, let it cool. Add a tub of frosting and freeze. Then dip away!

catlwilles said:
You can also make them with Nutter Butters instead of Oreos for a different take!

Oooohh, I love Nutter Butters! I will have to try these!

OMG, these are the best things; & oreos aren't my favorite! I did these for a show last week & they were all gone. So I made some for my family & everyone gobbled them up:thumbup:

Thank you so much! I really wish you hadn't told me about the Nutter Butter aspect...those are one of my favorite cookies! I could care less about Oreos so I may have to stick that recipe!
Thanks for the help!

How many truffles does this recipe make?

I made them yesterday and i used 12 oz cream cheese (because I had 1/2 a pack opened) I made about 55. I use the mini cupcake holders when I was done dipping them in chocolate. THEY ARE AMAZING!

Oh these just sound wonderful!

I made some today with Mint Oreo's and they turned out wonderful!!

StacieB said:

Oooh, mint oreos! I had not thought of that!

Shoot Fire & Spit Nails!

I JUST got home from the grocery store....and you know how there is one thing you KNOW you will remember so you don't stop to write it on your list...but then you forget it, because it's not on your list? (okay - maybe it's just me who does that!)

Well, I didn't write down Oreos - because of course I'll remember them...:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

Yep, I forgot them!:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

StacieB said:

I bet the other flavors would be great too!

Has anyone seen the holiday Oreos? The red ones...are they same flavor as the regular ones? I have this red icing fear (you guys remember the really bitter icing that came on your cake and no one would eat it:yuck: )...I would hate it if they tasted like that.

HELP! How many oreos in a package? I got the Mega-Oreo pack from BJs, and it's packaged like one big container a TON of cookies. Anyone know how many make up a "regular" package? THX!

as mentioned in the shoutbox, probably about 40.

(im guessing 4 sleeves of 10 in the regular packaging).

4kids4me said:
HELP! How many oreos in a package? I got the Mega-Oreo pack from BJs, and it's packaged like one big container a TON of cookies. Anyone know how many make up a "regular" package? THX!

The ansewr is 51. I looked it up online. :) Happy truffleing
there are 3 rows of 17 cookies per package...totalling 51 cookeis in all. :)

Thank you so much! :) I couldn't find it online - just elementary school math problems, lol! I used 45 - it looks like tar. Do you think it's going to turn out ok? I licked the bowl and it was GOOD!

4kids4me said:
Thank you so much! :) I couldn't find it online - just elementary school math problems, lol! I used 45 - it looks like tar. Do you think it's going to turn out ok? I licked the bowl and it was GOOD!
I've never made them before, but as a Culinary Student, I know that baking is a science, and measurements must be exact. Is it too late to add 6 more cookies?
Worse case scenario, they won't be the right texture, but they'll still taste pretty close to what they should taste like. :)

Have fun making them. The way you are all talking about them, I'm going to have to make some now...if I can keep from eating all the Oreos while I'm making them.:D

These truffles are hardly baking. They're more of a sweet cheeseball, since it's just cream cheese, frosting (from the Oreos) and cookies (from the Oreos).BTW, Kacey, may I say "NERD!!" That's in response to you looking up the number of cookies online. Although that's exactly what I would have done, too. (And in my house, Nerd is a compliment.)

Update - I needed this recipe for a big cookie swap I attended today. Well, Guess What?! I WON a prize for having the BEST TASTING "COOKIE"! YAY! They really are irresistible!!! Thanks for everyone's help! :)

Are these from a cookbook or are they not a PC recipe? I was thinking about making them for my CLuster holiday party tomorrow night and figured I should know where they came from.
Anyone know?
Thanks!

climbercanoe3 said:
Are these from a cookbook or are they not a PC recipe? I was thinking about making them for my CLuster holiday party tomorrow night and figured I should know where they came from.
Anyone know?
Thanks!

They are not from any PC cookbook that I know of, but have been passed along from consultants for years....my director first told me about them when I was a new consultant 5 years ago.

Becky thanks, now I know what to say if anyone asks.

I made these delicious truffles. I did nutter butter, vanilli creme and oreo. I'll be Pampering 6 businesses with this including my gym.

Love this recipe!
Heather

Just wondering......as my balls are chilling in the freezer (hee hee).....
do you use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate to dip them in?

Question, when you "dip" do you just dip the top in or do you dunk the whole thing??

These sound so good, may have to make them for one of the many Christmases I have.

wadesgirl said:
Question, when you "dip" do you just dip the top in or do you dunk the whole thing??

These sound so good, may have to make them for one of the many Christmases I have.

I'm not positive - but my plan was to enrobe the whole ball.
Just not sure if I should do semi-sweet or milk chocolate..........

SusanBP0129 said:
Just wondering......as my balls are chilling in the freezer (hee hee).....
Now I just keep thinking of the SNL Schwety Balls sketch. :)

chefann said:
Now I just keep thinking of the SNL Schwety Balls sketch. :)

LOL LOL!!
That was the best!!!! I forgot about that skit!!

chefann said:
These truffles are hardly baking. They're more of a sweet cheeseball, since it's just cream cheese, frosting (from the Oreos) and cookies (from the Oreos).

BTW, Kacey, may I say "NERD!!" That's in response to you looking up the number of cookies online. Although that's exactly what I would have done, too. (And in my house, Nerd is a compliment.)
Well after all that "nerd" research I made them today and the package is down to 45 cookies! It's only 36 cookies if you use Double Stuff, and my package of double stuff was really stingy on the stuff! :(

I made them, they are a PITA to coat with chocolate! I did have with semi sweet chocolate and the other half in white chocolate, and drizzled pretty designs on top. Hopefully they'll be a hit. I got 50 truffles from one batch. :)

Ann, my hubby is a nerd. When I was about 20 pounds lighter than I weigh now, I went to the Jr's section one day at Macy's and bought a shirt that says I heart NERDS! :) it's all sparkly and glittery and very tight. :blushing:

I usually like to coat things with almond bark. I don't like the way regular chocolate tastes when it's melted.

For professional-looking dipping chocolate, my mother-in-law uses the following recipe. I've used it before, too, and it's pretty yummy. I think the main difference is the paraffin which makes it look like a store-bought candybar (all shiny and hardened just right). This is the recipe she uses when making her Martha Washington Chocolates.

Chocolate Mix (for dipping):
2 packages semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz. packages)
1 bar (1/4 pound) paraffin – Melt together over hot water (double broiler).
Stick toothpick in fondant and dip in chocolate mix.
Set on waxed paper to cool

Kitchen Diva said:
The ansewr is 51. I looked it up online. :) Happy truffleing
there are 3 rows of 17 cookies per package...totalling 51 cookeis in all. :)

I just bought the regular 1lb. package and there were only 36. Are you all possibly counting the regular oreos and not the double stuf ones that the recipe calls for. I imagine it makes quite a difference. I'm quit sure the package I bought is the normal-sized one. Now you all have my concerned. Hmmm...

So my second question...those of you using the mint ones or ones with other flavors, that means less of the stuffing, right? Unless they now make those mint ones double stuf, too. I just don't want to mess this up. :( Everyone will be here in a few hours.

Edited for typo

Last edited:
LibrarianChef said:
I just bought the regular 1lb. package and there were only 36. Are you all possibly counting the regular oreos and not the double stuf ones that the recipe calls for. I imagine it makes quite a difference. I'm quit sure the package I bought is the normal-sized one. Now you all have my concerned. Hmmm...

So my second question...those of you using the mind ones, that means less of the stuffing, right? Unless they now make those mind ones double stuf, too. I just don't want to mess this up. :(

I've always made mine with the double-stuffed oreos, regular size package. I've never counted how may oreos are in a package though.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've always made mine with the double-stuffed oreos, regular size package. I've never counted how may oreos are in a package though.

Oh darn. Guess I'll just have to go back and buy a second package to make sure I counted right. ;) My daughter has been begging for an oreo anyway, and with family arriving from an 18 hour drive today, it might be worth it to have extras on hand. :D

LibrarianChef said:
Oh darn. Guess I'll just have to go back and buy a second package to make sure I counted right. ;) My daughter has been begging for an oreo anyway, and with family arriving from an 18 hour drive today, it might be worth it to have extras on hand. :D

Just PM'd you - but really, the cookie count isn't that big of a deal - we often eat a cookie while we are making them!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Just PM'd you - but really, the cookie count isn't that big of a deal - we often eat a cookie while we are making them!;)
Well, my hats off to the gal who can eat just one while making these. I have no will power during this pregnancy. I might as well buy a second package. :D :blushing:

LibrarianChef said:
Well, my hats off to the gal who can eat just one while making these. I have no will power during this pregnancy. I might as well buy a second package. :D :blushing:

Totally forgot you were a preggie! In that case, you DESERVE a second package!:thumbup: :D

In my experience, it's my dear mother-in-law who makes these for us. When she first started making them, we'd never heard of them, and she didn't know what they were called, so she said we should try to come up with a name for them.
We had a special function at church, and she brought them. I was explaining our "predicament" for naming them to a friend, who'd not tried them yet. I told her that she was sure to love them, after all, they're just a "little bite of heaven"!!
When she bit into one, she looked at me, almost in shock, it was sooo good. She said..."Can't we just call them 'a little bite of heaven'?" lol

They are simply divine!!!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Paula

Just have to say that I'm making these tonight but there is no room in my freezer, going to use storage containers and set them outside for a while. Nature's freezer at use! The snow should keep them nice and cold! Hopefully I don't eat too many of them before tomorrow.

What is the Oreo Truffle recipe that has been passed around recently?

The Oreo Truffle recipe that has been getting a lot of attention involves chopping Oreo cookies and is said to be simple and sinfully good.

Is the Oreo Truffle recipe available through Pampered Chef?

Yes, the Oreo Truffle recipe can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Recipes" section.

Can you provide the exact measurements for the Oreo Truffle recipe?

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide the exact measurements for the Oreo Truffle recipe as it is a proprietary recipe and is only available through Pampered Chef.

Are there any variations of the Oreo Truffle recipe available?

Yes, there are many variations of the Oreo Truffle recipe found online. Some include adding peanut butter, sprinkles, or dipping them in white chocolate. However, we recommend using the official recipe from Pampered Chef for the best results.

Can I substitute the Oreo cookies with another type of cookie for the Oreo Truffle recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the Oreo cookies with any type of chocolate sandwich cookie for a similar result. However, the official recipe from Pampered Chef uses Oreo cookies for the classic Oreo Truffle flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tiffanypc05
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • sheilanyc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • kam