• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scored a Fedex Lead for Pampered Chef: Booked a Show in Just One Conversation!

In summary, the FedEx truck just pulled up and the friendly FedEx person greeted the customer at the door. The customer asked if the new Pampered Chef product brochure was for sale and the expert summarizer showed the customer the new steak knife set. The customer said she had not seen anyone hosting a show in years and the summarizer invited her in to see the new product. The customer said she wanted to book a show and the summarizer gave her the customer's number.
Paige Dixon
Well, the fedex truck just pulled up and I greeted her at the door. As she's handing me the envelope, she asks if I "do" Pampered Chef. I nod and ask if she'd like to see the new product brochure (OK,OK but it is Feb 21 and my Feb is full. Giving away a secret, I know...) She asks if replacement parts are for sale and says she lost a knife from her steak knife set. I invite her in and show her the NEW steak knife set and we test it out with the old one to see if they fit in each other's cases. She says that she hasn't run into anyone who's having a show in years (that is laughable because we have probaly 25 directors in this small town of 100,000). I talk to her briefly about host benefits and she wants to book a show! I got her number since I hate to take up her time while she's on the clock, and I'm going to get her booking when I call to tell her about replacement sheaths for the knives with sharpening cases. She was asking if she needed to have 20 people in attendance for it to count as a show- she seemed a bit hesitant about that. I told her that if she wanted to have a $1000 show she should have 15 in attendance and she didn't think that would be too hard. Woo Hoo!

AWESOME!!!!

I gave my guy a catty one of the first times he was here and so far nuthin'.

Wow! I haven't had the same FedEx person twice yet....and the guy that came today, when I met him at the door and thanked him - just grunted w/o even looking at me! (and he could have used a shower and shave too!) I still REALLY miss my UPS guy!

How awesome!!:) Good Job!!

It cracks me up that you guys got to know your UPS drivers and now are meeting the FedEx ones...I'm lucky if I see the backs of them as they're running back to their truck after they ding dong ditch me! LOL!

Get a driveway buzzer!

Or a very scary dog!

speedychef said:
It cracks me up that you guys got to know your UPS drivers and now are meeting the FedEx ones...I'm lucky if I see the backs of them as they're running back to their truck after they ding dong ditch me! LOL!

At least you get ding-dong ditched. I just get ditched!

Last night our Fed Ex guy left an LCD monitor on our front porch - sometime after 9:00 pm, because when I got home at 9:00 it wasn't there. Hello? It's winter in Wisconsin!!! Guess who's coming back tomorrow to pick up the LCD monitor that doesn't work because it was left out in the cold overnight?

Hey ladies - before you start "bashing" the FedEx guys and girls make sure you know who's shipping the package.....

ie: Monitor left out on the porch - that's per your Shippers instructions, not FedEx's! It's called a "release" and it REQUIRES your FedEx person to leave the package on the porch whether you're there or not.

ie: Ding Dong ditch - again, Pampered Chef has a release that allows them to leave our packages on the porch. Don't forget, these folks make a living by DELIVERING packages not socializing!

My FedEx guy works his backside off - how do I know? I'm married to him. The FedEx people are thrilled to have our account and are busting their hinnies to make sure we're happy!

Do you FedEx person a favor and make sure that you're making your delivery area easy to access! Did you shovel that 12 inches of snow off your walk and porch? Did you put out salt to melt the ice so they don't fall and break their necks bringing you your supplies? Is your dog tied up so they don't have to loose a limb to make your delivery?

Just see it from the other side for a change.....

I'm getting, that the FedEx drivers are mostly independant contractors. Not like UPS. The FedEx drivers have to pay for their own gas, insurance ect.
My DH has talked to a few drivers on his route, because I have been having shipping problems, (another story) and they don't all seem very happy with the company that their with. Which is sad. I love that fact that I love my job.
I hope this isn't true for all FedEx drivers.

kisrae said:
I'm getting, that the FedEx drivers are mostly independant contractors. Not like UPS. The FedEx drivers have to pay for their own gas, insurance ect.
My DH has talked to a few drivers on his route, because I have been having shipping problems, (another story) and they don't all seem very happy with the company that their with. Which is sad. I love that fact that I love my job.
I hope this isn't true for all FedEx drivers.

It depends on your area. Many are employed by FedEx, lower volume or rural areas, they are independent contractors. I'm sure we'll see variations depending on the region, bosses, hub, etc. ...just like we see between consultants and directors, you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have...the facts of life... (Sorry, swung back to the 80's there!)

I loved the Facts of Life. Thanks for taking me back.

JenneyB said:
Hey ladies - before you start "bashing" the FedEx guys and girls make sure you know who's shipping the package.....

ie: Monitor left out on the porch - that's per your Shippers instructions, not FedEx's! It's called a "release" and it REQUIRES your FedEx person to leave the package on the porch whether you're there or not.

Well, guess what? I just got off the phone with the company who shipped my monitor, and apparently my Fed Ex guy can't read. It said "SIGNATURE REQUIRED!!!" They're going to take it up w/ Fed Ex, so I don't have to worry about it. They told me to pack it up and put it on my porch.

On a side note, I don't think it's my regular Fed Ex guy, because the neighbor said she saw a white truck with no logo on it pull into our driveway at 11:25 pm. Except for this incident, I haven't had any troubles w/ Fed Ex (although I would like it if they rang the doorbell to let me know packages are here. I don't expect them to stand here and chit chat with me. My UPS guy never did either, but he did ring before he left as a courtesy).

By the way, my driveway's shoveled, everything's well lit, and our porch is covered...

Paige Dixon said:
Well, the fedex truck just pulled up and I greeted her at the door. As she's handing me the envelope, she asks if I "do" Pampered Chef. I nod and ask if she'd like to see the new product brochure (OK,OK but it is Feb 21 and my Feb is full. Giving away a secret, I know...) She asks if replacement parts are for sale and says she lost a knife from her steak knife set. I invite her in and show her the NEW steak knife set and we test it out with the old one to see if they fit in each other's cases. She says that she hasn't run into anyone who's having a show in years (that is laughable because we have probaly 25 directors in this small town of 100,000). I talk to her briefly about host benefits and she wants to book a show! I got her number since I hate to take up her time while she's on the clock, and I'm going to get her booking when I call to tell her about replacement sheaths for the knives with sharpening cases. She was asking if she needed to have 20 people in attendance for it to count as a show- she seemed a bit hesitant about that. I told her that if she wanted to have a $1000 show she should have 15 in attendance and she didn't think that would be too hard. Woo Hoo!

That's fabulous!My FedEx driver is invisible, I am sure of it. Packages arrive but there is no sign of a human...

I don't mind that they just drop it and go, because that is their job. I just kind of wish I got a chance to meet them and get to know them! I appreciate the job they do, they always leave my stuff safely on my porch, I've never had any bashed up boxes or anything. I don't see much difference between the two services from my end; a neighbor works for UPS and told me that FedEx offered PC a ridiculous price for shipping and that's why they lost the contract. Anyhooo....

That is great Paige!!! I am waiting for my driver to let me know when his wife will book a show or place an order. I gave him my card and my newsletter for February and a pack of twix its. He told me his wife was very happy and HAS my card. Can't wait for a new delivery so I can give him a brochure to bring home.

Related to Scored a Fedex Lead for Pampered Chef: Booked a Show in Just One Conversation!

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that sells kitchen tools and cookware through in-home cooking demonstrations and parties.

2. How do you book a show with Pampered Chef?

To book a show with Pampered Chef, you can either contact a Pampered Chef consultant or host your own show by signing up as a consultant yourself.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosts of Pampered Chef shows can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host-only specials. They also have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes.

4. How many people do you need to have in attendance for a Pampered Chef show?

Typically, a Pampered Chef show should have at least 15 attendees to be successful and reach a sales goal of $1000. However, the number of people in attendance can vary depending on the host's goals and preferences.

5. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and cookware, including knives, bakeware, cookware, and small kitchen appliances. They also have a variety of recipe books and food products available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD