• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Ideal Light and Quick Recipes for a Mom's Play Date Show?

In summary, my friend is doing a mommy/play date show at a Saturday 3 p.m. The consultant did the Rustic Foccacia and that showed off stoneware and it's darn easy. What about the Harvest Chicien Salad? It shows everything! Any one of the dessert pizzas will be a big hit. For my first two playdate cooking shows, I did a fruit pizza (shows stoneware and moms love that it is fruit) and the Apple Berry Salsa. I did the cinnamon chips on the stone and served it in the small oval baker. I get RAVES everytime I break out that salsa! You may find that with playdates, you don't have a lot of
hmolah
I have a show in early February that I'm doing with a mom's play date group (the lady hosting is my neighbor 2 doors down), and I'm trying to figure out what to do. The show is at 3:30, so most will have eaten lunch, and the rest will be eating dinner soon. I don't want anything too heavy, and since there will be kids, I don't want anything that will take too long.

I definitely want to feature stoneware, but when I mentioned the 30 minute chicken, she didn't seem real interested. She's trying to get at least 10-15 guests there, so fixing that wouldn't yield enough food for everyone there anyway. I don't want to get caught up in making too many recipes, for fear that she'll end up spending so much in food.

Does anyone have any suggestions? She mentioned the idea of having finger foods, and I mentioned the Touchdown Taco Dip and the Garlic Ranch Pizza and those two seemed to satisfy her. They both use stoneware, but I thought since it is February, having some sort of chocolate or dessert might be nice too. But, I think 3 recipes is too much for me and her to worry about!!

I really am at a loss for this! I'm thinking of featuring chocolate recipes or 30 minute chicken for the rest of my shows this month (I'll give the hosts the option of choosing), but even with the chicken, what the heck do you do with a whole cooked chicken for a party?

I guess I have too many questions - but first I need to figure out what to do for this mommy/play date show! I don't have kids, but I know that they'll loose their attention really quick! ;)

Thanks in advance!

My friend's show I went to was a Saturday 3 p.m. The consultant did the Rustic Foccacia. That shows off stoneware and it's darn easy!

What about the Harvest Chicien Salad? It shows everything!

Any one of the dessert pizzas will be a big hit.

For my first two playdate cooking shows, I did a fruit pizza (shows stoneware and moms love that it is fruit) and the Apple Berry Salsa. I did the cinnamon chips on the stone and served it in the small oval baker. I get RAVES everytime I break out that salsa! You may find that with playdates, you don't have a lot of attention from the moms for an actual demo and the fruit dishes are very easy to prepare while people are moving around and doing other things.

And some mom's may not want their kids hopped up on too much sugar/caffeine from chocolate. I thought the BLT pizza sounded easy and light so I'm making it this weekend for a family get together with plenty of kids.

Ok! Thanks for the ideas! Maybe I can do a sweet and savory thing? Like the touchdown taco dip? (Since I'm only 2 doors down, I can prepare that and have it ready) and then do a dessert pizza demo there???

Which dessert pizza do you recommend? I've never made one of those, let alone a PC one! Any suggestions?

Thanks so much ladies! You can tell I don't have kids! lol I thought kids would LOVE chocolate....didn't think about how the moms might feel! :eek:

I also thought of the TD taco dip because it is pretty inexpensive and can feed a crowd. Make sure to play up the kids stuff that is being discontinued to get more sales. Maybe the kids can do play-doh with the kid stuff while the parents watch a quick demo.

Ooooo! Good idea Gillian! Thanks! The only 'kids' items I have though are the my safe cutter and the cookbook...I might have to borrow the other items from someone.

Great idea!

Thanks!

What about a snack the kids can make like English Muffin pizzas? You can use bread knife to cut the muffins, grate cheese, Italian Seasoning, cut different toppings like ham, pepperoni, ESP for black olives. Put on Bar Pan to bake.....healthy snack and get kids busy.

If you had a helper you could even have your helper be with the kids doing their "personal" pizzas and you and the moms could make an adult pizza (even the rustic foccasia could qualify - cheap and easy!). You could even do a dessert pizza and have a whole pizza theme! :)

1. What are some unique themes for a Saturday afternoon Pampered Chef show?

Some unique themes for a Saturday afternoon Pampered Chef show could include a "Brunch Bash" featuring recipes perfect for a weekend brunch, a "Summer BBQ" showcasing grilling and outdoor cooking tools, or a "Girls' Night In" with easy appetizers and cocktails.

2. How can I make my Saturday afternoon show more interactive?

One way to make your Saturday afternoon show more interactive is to have a cooking demonstration where guests can participate and help prepare a dish. You could also incorporate fun games or contests with prizes to engage the audience.

3. What are some budget-friendly options for a Saturday afternoon show?

Some budget-friendly options for a Saturday afternoon show could include using versatile products that can be used for multiple recipes, offering discounts or promotions, or hosting a potluck-style show where guests can bring their own dishes to share.

4. How can I get more people to attend my Saturday afternoon show?

To increase attendance at your Saturday afternoon show, you could offer incentives for guests who bring a friend, promote the event on social media, or partner with a local business or organization to reach a larger audience.

5. Can I customize the menu for my Saturday afternoon show?

Yes, you can customize the menu for your Saturday afternoon show to fit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. You can also work with your Pampered Chef consultant to create a personalized menu that suits your guests' needs and interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • eatoninthekitchen