• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Running P3 on a Mac: All Your Questions Answered

In summary, if you want to run P3 on a Mac, you need to use a Windows emulator like Virtual PC or Parallels.
missi.robbins
I know you can't run PP on a Mac - but can you run P3 on a mac? Thanks!

No. You can run it in something like Parallels, but not directly on the mac.

That's correct- you can use Boot Camp or Parallels (if you have a system that is capable of running those). I keep bugging Tech Support to add Mac support, especially since P3 is Java-based, so it should be a relatively easy port (just a re-compile basically, and a new installer).

I have a Windows laptop that I use primarily for P3. When it dies, I'm getting a Mac notebook, and until we have a Mac version of P3, I'm going to run through an emulator.

Can someone explain Parallels?I have been using Virtual PC w/windows 98 to run PP on my emac, but want to swith to P3, so have been contimplating upgrading to Windows XP. If I purchase the parallels do I also have to buy a windows 0s to run with it or will I only need to install parallels to run P3?

I'm not sure. I know there are a couple people on here who use Parallels. I don't, so I'm not a good source of that information.

Yes, you still need to buy a Win OS. I have recently purchased Parallels for my work macbookpro, but haven't installed it yet... I have been using Boot Camp for months now....and will have to uninstall windows (byebye files, etc) ....and reinstall through parallels....not looking forward to it!

So, either way (bootcamp or parallels) you will need to purchase XP.
If you don't mind turning the computer off and rebooting everytime you want to switch between Win and Mac, then bootcamp is great.

But, if you want to switch back and forth a little easier, parallels is the way to go. It is about $100 I think, and it is much easier to start with it then to try and switch down the road, like I am hesitating doing...

HTH :)

Related to Running P3 on a Mac: All Your Questions Answered

1. Can I run Pampered Chef's P3 software on my Mac computer?

Yes, P3 is compatible with both Mac and PC computers. You can download the software directly from the Pampered Chef website and install it on your Mac.

2. Do I need to have any special software or plugins to run P3 on my Mac?

No, P3 can be run on your Mac without any additional software or plugins. However, you will need to make sure your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for the software.

3. Can I access P3 on my Mac from any internet browser?

Yes, P3 is a web-based software and can be accessed from any internet browser on your Mac, such as Safari or Google Chrome.

4. Are there any features of P3 that may be limited on a Mac compared to a PC?

No, all features of P3 are available on both Mac and PC computers. You will have the same functionality and capabilities regardless of the type of computer you are using.

5. Is there a mobile app for P3 that I can use on my Mac?

Currently, there is not a mobile app for P3 that is compatible with Mac computers. However, you can still access P3 through your internet browser on your Mac or use the mobile app on a different device.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mark Kilby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
baychef
  • finley1991
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
caynreth
  • esavvymom