• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Run P3 on a Mac? A Closer Look at Compatibility and Performance

In summary, Morfia's dad wants to get her a Mac so she can replace his Sony Vaio and she is not complaining. Morfia says that Apple's operating system comprises 4% of the computer population and that most people when purchasing a Mac are aware of this. Pampered Chef is currently focusing on making its software easy to use and relevant to the Consultants overall business operations. If you would like, Morfia would be happy to speak with you about some of the software that enables an Apple computer to run Windows software.
finley1991
So I've searched here and can't find an answer....

can we run P3 on a MAC?

Yes, if you run through Parallels, Boot Camp, or some other Windows environment. That's what I do.

What about Microsoft word and excel files? Can I do those too?

Oh, sure! There's a Mac version of Office (what I use).

Okay... sorry for all of the questions. My dad dropped his Sony Vaio last weekend and this is his plan (not like I have anything to say about it but I think it will work out better for me!!! It's all about ME! hee hee hee) He wants to get a MAC now because Vista is such a nightmare. He wants to get the MAC and give it to me and take my Vaio to replace his. I am SO NOT COMPLAINING!!!! :D

I just want to be sure that I can transfer over all of my stuff (like my 3000+ recipes) and such that is all from Office 2000. Is the Mac Version of Office really pricey?

We are going to the Mac store this afternoon to check things out....

I am a mac die-hard user... I use pp not p3. I use it through parallels and have a full version of non vista windows. I highly advise all of you to have it installed professionally. I did not at 1st and lost everything I ever did with PP. Also make sure when you purchase the windows full version the tape is not slit as mine was.. My id # was hacked making my program crash my whole side to pp----I love the Apple comp. very expensive but so light weight--Here is the official response of are we creating this for make users. Etc...I have many mac only leads and with the cost of parallels and a full version of windows being about $300. How clsoe are we to having a mac version----Morfia,

I understand your frustration as a Mac user and I sympathize. When you are cognizant of all the publicity Apple seems to get lately, it’s hard to believe, but use of Apple’s operating system comprises less than 4% of the current computer population. Most people when purchasing a Mac are aware that Apple's less-common operating system means a much smaller range of third-party software is available, and that some of the most popular computer software is not available in an Apple software compliant version. However, following the release of the Intel-based Mac earlier this year, third-party virtualization software such as “Parallels Desktop”, “Vmware Fusion”, and “Crossover Mac” have begun to emerge, allowing users to run much of the previously Windows-only software on a Mac. Apple also recently released a public beta version of “Boot Camp”, which allows users to run Windows on any Intel-based Macs. All of these concessions made by Apple over the past year are in direct response to the computer buying publics overwhelming adoption of Windows compatible software.

From a Pampered Chef perspective, creating software for the Mac is as labor intensive and time consuming as writing software for Microsoft Windows. PamperedPartnerPlus is written in a language that will make it easier for us to eventually create a Mac version, but right now our focus is to make our software a tool that is easy to use and as relevant to our Consultants overall business operations as possible, and our focus is necessarily on the over 95% of computer owners that use Windows.

If you would like, I would be happy to speak to you about some of the above mentioned software that enables an Apple computer to run Windows software, and how you can supply more information on these alternatives to any Mac exclusive potential recruits.

Sincerely,

Joe Faraci
Supervisor
Pampered Chef Technical Support
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Well since I am already on P3 I can't go back...

i think it would work the same way for P3 I am just holding out----the SWITCH----

As far as word excel etc.. you need to purchase that at apple---85.

Thanks for the help!

PS: SWITCH! It's SO MUCH BETTER than PP! So much easier too!

finley1991 said:
Thanks for the help!

PS: SWITCH! It's SO MUCH BETTER than PP! So much easier too!

I made the switch, and I don't find it easier or better!:grumpy: Wish now I had waited until I absolutely had to make the switch.

frightening----
I know I will be ok but I am hoding out hope there is a mac version before I HAVE to switch----

Colleen, I'm using P3 through Boot Camp. you will need to have a full version of Windows to install within Boot Camp, as it doesn't come with one. DH did my partition and install for me (I think while I was at a show). It works fine. :)

I'm going to the Mac store at Somerset at 2pm so I'll see what they say. Thanks again for your help! :)

Aw, I wish I had seen that - I'da gone with you. I'm always up for browsing at the Apple store! :)Well, on second thought, I had a good trip early this afternoon. My grandmother-in-law will be moving out of her house, and is giving things away to family. DH claimed an old stereo she has. We went to her house to get it and while we were there, she gave me her fur coat! It's a little small, but it's a great incentive to lose some weight. :) And she didn't remember what type of fur it is, so I'm going to take it to a furrier to get an opinion and have the hem repaired. But now I have a fur! woo-hoo!

I'm fairly certain Mac users make up more than 4%. I'd say it's closer to 8 or 9. And it seems like there are more every day...I know the Apple Store is always PACKED when I go in there. There were 3 consultants at my last cluster meeting who said they were planning on getting Macs in the next few months. Maybe we should start an on-line petition...if there were enough of us that signed, they'd HAVE to listen to us wouldn't they?

Well, I didn't get it this weekend and it looks like next week I will be there getting my MAC and spending some time at the Genius Bar! Ann, I might be calling you for help!!! :D

Make sure you wait until after Oct. 26 to get your new Mac .... the new operating system MacOs 10.5 (Leopard) comes out that day. You wouldn't want to pay extra money for the OS upgrade.

Cool! I'm working a craft fair all day Saturday, but I'm free Sunday. :)

Usually if you buy within 30 days of the upgrade, they'll upgrade you free.

The guy said that all Macs purchased from Oct. 1 on would have the upgrades.

I just need to get the "financing" in place before I get it next week. ;)

A tip: if you go to Apple Retail Store - Personal Shoppingyou can make an appointment and they will make sure that there is a Genius dedicated to serving you at that time for an entire hour. I highly recommend taking advantage of this service when you are ready to purchase.

Related to Can You Run P3 on a Mac? A Closer Look at Compatibility and Performance

1. Can I run P3 on a Mac computer?

Yes, you can run P3 on a Mac computer. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to compatibility and performance.

2. Is P3 optimized for Mac operating systems?

Yes, P3 is optimized for Mac operating systems. Our software is regularly updated to ensure compatibility with the latest Mac updates and features.

3. What are the system requirements for running P3 on a Mac?

The minimum system requirements for running P3 on a Mac are: Mac OS X 10.10 or later, Intel Core i5 processor or higher, 4GB of RAM, and 500MB of available disk space. However, for optimal performance, we recommend using a Mac with higher specs.

4. Can I transfer my P3 account from a PC to a Mac?

Yes, you can transfer your P3 account from a PC to a Mac. Simply log in to your account on the Mac and all of your saved data and settings will be transferred over.

5. Are there any known issues with running P3 on a Mac?

At this time, there are no known issues with running P3 on a Mac computer. However, if you encounter any problems, please reach out to our customer support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Chef Kearns
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • missi.robbins