• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rita and Linda, I Have a Question...

T
tpchefrebecca
I have looked at your newsletters and love them but sometimes I have more stuff to add and can't get the information to stick in the new cells the same way you do without everything shifting. Also, when I try to add 2 cells or 3 three cells it doesn't let me. It will add 1 or the same amount as the previous row or column.

Do you save the document differently? I remember someone saying they save their newsletter as a webpage so I was wondering if that made a difference?

Thanks in advance!

tpchefrebecca said:
Also, when I try to add 2 cells or 3 three cells it doesn't let me. It will add 1 or the same amount as the previous row or column.
That's how Word works, when dealing with tables. Add the whole column/row, then merge cells within that new column/row to get the number of cells you need.

I will have to try that. Do you know why my stuff shifted though? I added some programs and calendar stuff but only text. I had centered it and made it all cute and cemetric. I then copy/pasted into my Outlook and sent the email. Every new text shifted to the left. It looked wierd.

This is going to sound like a cop-out, but sometimes Microsoft products just do things you don't want them to do. I don't know exactly why they did that - probably something to do with the default alignment for email being Left Justified.

I have to agree with Ann. Sometimes, the programs just have a mind of their own. :p It's very frustrating & doesn't make any sense.

Hijack - Ann - I know you don't use MS products. Can you tell me what you use & what's available as equivilents to the MS Office products?

I do use Office just because it's the de-facto standard and it's easier to use at home since that's what I'm accustomed to at work, but there are alternatives. Open Office (openoffice.org) is an open-source suite of products that can open and save MS Office compatible files. For Mac, AppleWorks is available, although somewhat clumsy. There's also iWork, which has Pages and Keynote (a page-layout/word processor and presentation program, similar to Word and PowerPoint, respectively).

chefann said:
That's how Word works, when dealing with tables. Add the whole column/row, then merge cells within that new column/row to get the number of cells you need.
Yeah, what Ann said. :p

Thanks ladies!

Rebecca,
No mind of its own. It's going to have to do with either your formatting or email methods. I will contact you offline to discuss.
Rita

Related to Rita and Linda, I Have a Question...

1. How do I prevent information from shifting in cells when adding new content in a spreadsheet?

The most common cause of shifting cells is due to merged cells. When adding new content, make sure to unmerge any cells that may be affected. You can also lock specific cells or ranges to prevent them from being edited or shifted.

2. Why can't I add more than one cell at a time in a spreadsheet?

This could be due to the selected cells being locked or protected. Check the formatting and protection of the cells you are trying to add to. You can also adjust the settings to allow multiple cells to be added at once.

3. Does saving the document as a webpage affect the functionality of the spreadsheet?

Yes, saving the document as a webpage can affect the functionality of the spreadsheet. This is because webpages use a different coding language than spreadsheets and can cause formatting and formula errors. It is recommended to save the document as a spreadsheet file (.xlsx, .csv, etc.) for the best results.

4. How can I add new content without shifting existing cells?

One way to prevent shifting cells is to insert new rows or columns instead of adding to existing ones. You can also use the "freeze panes" feature to lock specific rows or columns in place while scrolling through the spreadsheet.

5. Is there a way to easily add more cells without manually dragging the border?

Yes, you can use the "insert cells" feature to add multiple cells at once. This can be accessed by right-clicking on a selected cell or range and selecting "insert". You can then choose to insert cells above, below, or to the side of the selected cells.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • gilliandanielle
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • SpiritdancerIA