• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice in Dcb? E.g. W/ P.tenderloin?

Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.2. In the Deep Covered Baker, combine the onion, garlic, rice, chicken broth, lemon zest and juice, thyme, salt, and pepper.3. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.4. Remove the baker from the oven and stir in the chopped parsley.5. Cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender.6. Serve with your choice of protein, such as pork tenderloin or chicken. In summary, there are several delicious rice pilaf recipes that can be made in the Deep Covered Baker. These include a one-pot chicken and rice pilaf, a Mediterranean rice pilaf, and
ChefetteDuJour
Gold Member
I've been searching for recipes for rice (/pilaf) in the Deep Covered Baker which would complement something like the Pork Tenderloin or 30 min chicken, etc. Has anyone done this?

I searched on the PC website. The Recipe Search came up with some potentially promising recipes, but the ones I wanted to look at all referred me to "Stoneware Sensations / More Stoneware Sensations." NOt helpful because I don't have those cookbooks! I find that Recipe Search more frustrating than anything else because there are so few live links.

I'm sure it must be feasible but was just wondering how to approach cooking times - together or separate, etc.

thanks if anyone can help. Otherwise I'll experiment and report back.

hi..I have stoneware sensations, here is the recipe for baked Parmesan risotto (it uses instant rice--and asks for the oven and the minibaker; maybe you can adapt it)

1/2 C (2oz) grated fresh Parmesan
1/4 C chopped onion
2 C milk
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 C instant long grain white rice
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Additional grated fresh Parmesan and snipped fresh parsley (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray minibaker with nonstick cooking spray (huh? thought we weren't supposed to use that stuff)
Grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Chop onion using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk, soup, rice, cheese, salt, and black pepper, mix well.

Pour rice mixture into baker. Bake 35-40 Min or until bubbly around edges and all liquid is absorbed.

Sprinkle with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.

The book says it can be doubled for the Deep Dish Baker, maybe use the DCB uncovered.

Not speedy, but certainly easier on your stirring arm than regular risotto.

Please let us know what else you find.

1. One-Pot Chicken and Rice PilafIngredients:- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces- 1 onion, chopped- 2 cloves garlic, minced- 1 cup long-grain white rice- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth- 1/2 tsp dried thyme- Salt and pepper, to taste- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsleyInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.2. In the Deep Covered Baker, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, rice, chicken broth, thyme, salt, and pepper.3. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.4. Remove the baker from the oven and stir in the peas.5. Cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.6. Stir in the chopped parsley before serving.2. Mediterranean Rice PilafIngredients:- 1 onion, chopped- 1 red bell pepper, chopped- 2 cloves garlic, minced- 1 cup long-grain white rice- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth- 1/2 tsp dried oregano- Salt and pepper, to taste- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsleyInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.2. In the Deep Covered Baker, combine the onion, bell pepper, garlic, rice, chicken broth, oregano, salt, and pepper.3. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.4. Remove the baker from the oven and stir in the diced tomatoes and feta cheese.5. Cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender.6. Stir in the chopped parsley before serving.3. Lemon and Herb Rice PilafIngredients:- 1 onion, chopped- 2 cloves garlic, minced- 1 cup long-grain white rice- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth- 1 lemon, zested and juiced- 1 tsp dried thyme- Salt and pepper, to taste- 1/4 cup chopped

1. Can I cook rice in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is great for cooking rice. Simply follow the recommended cooking instructions for your specific type of rice and adjust the cooking time as needed.

2. How much rice can I cook in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker has a 12-cup capacity, so you can cook up to 12 cups of rice at a time. Just make sure to use the appropriate amount of liquid and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Can I add other ingredients to the rice while it cooks in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can add other ingredients like vegetables, protein, and seasonings to the rice while it cooks in the Deep Covered Baker. Just make sure to adjust the liquid and cooking time accordingly.

4. How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker after cooking rice?

Cleaning the Deep Covered Baker after cooking rice is easy. Simply let it cool down, then rinse it with warm water and mild soap. You can also use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to remove any stuck-on rice.

5. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to reheat leftover rice?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is great for reheating leftover rice. Simply cover the rice with a damp paper towel and microwave for a few minutes until heated through. Alternatively, you can also reheat the rice in the oven at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • esavvymom