1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rice Cooker Plus

1. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

Okay...so I have never actually used the RCP for rice...I've only ever made the Chocolate Molton Lava Cake...

I'd love some advice on how to cook rice in it, so at least I can have some experience with what the product was MADE for...lol

Or maybe I should email HO & tell them to change the name to the microwave cake maker...lmao!!!

Nov 14, 2009
  2. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

i have the RCP and in the use and care guide it says to refer to the directions on the Rice package on how to cook the rice. None of the rice I buy have mw directions besides Minute Rice. So I searched on the web and found the following guidelines, which work pretty well. You might have to play with the time depending on the wattage of your microwave.

Jasmine Rice in Microwave (I use the Rice Cooker Plus)

1-1/2 C. Jasmine Rice
    Rinse rice with cold water for a few minutes and put in RCP
    Add 2 c. Water
    Microwave on high 10 min, stir.
    Microwave 5 more minutes.
    Ready to eat.
    (2 c. Rice to 2-1/2 c. Water)

I've been really pleased with how the rice turns out and the RCP is so easy to clean! I question if it's really necessary to stir after 10 minutes as all the steam is escaping when I open the lid, but so far I haven't not done it. I think next time, I'll let it go 12 minutes and then check to see if it's done and take it from there.

Nov 14, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Directions for making rice are on the Use & Care card that came with it.

Nov 15, 2009
  4. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

I had this in my files...

Attached Files:

Nov 15, 2009
  5. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

thanks so much!!!

Nov 15, 2009
  6. KellyCooks

KellyCooks Novice Member Gold Member

Uncle Ben's brown rice has microwave directions on the package. It comes out perfect every time.

Nov 16, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted